This place needs a bar

If anyone needs a reason to celebrate tonight, well here ya go...a few things good enough to call for a celebration on February, 20th:
  • Clean Out Your Bookcase Day (LOL..pretty sure I'm not celebrating that one looking at my bookcase in need of a good dusting)
  • Love Your Pet Day-YES..best on list!
  • National Cherry Pie Day- ok sure, although someone else will have to make the pie;)
  • National Day of Solidarity With Muslim, Arab, and South Asian Immigrants -sure okay, anything that leads to a nice cocktail-the devout will have to just focus on other things
  • National Handcuff Day - hmmm...who came up with that one! hahaha
  • National Muffin Day -all muffin lovers should be extra happy today ha!
  • National Student Volunteer Day -very nice-so nice not one weak joke comes to mind
  • Northern Hemisphere Hoodie Hoo Day -wth? lol I'm too afraid to even look that one up
  • World Day for Social Justice -oh boy...that one is a bit tricky... by the hour
  • World Pangolin Day - February 20, 2021 (Third Saturday in February) Ah the poor Pangolins who got the bad rap for SARS COVID-2 at the Wuhan market-which might or might not be true-China still fudging around with true catalyst to save face
  • World Whale Day - February 20, 2021 (Third Saturday in February) Hurrah! Whales are important too!
For music lovers, this day in history:
  • 1960 - Jimi Hendrix, rock and roll guitarist, plays his first show
  • 1971 - The soundtrack to Jesus Christ Superstar hit #1 on the US album chart
  • 1978- Abba's Take a Chance on Me hit #1 on the UK singles chart
  • 1988 - Kylie Minogue's I Should Be So Lucky hits #1 on the UK singles chart
  • 1991 - Bob Dylan was awarded a lifetime achievement award at the 33rd annual Grammy' Awards
  • 2009 - The White Stripes play the final episode of Late Night with Conan O'Brien in New York City.
For all sports fanatics, this day in history:
  • 1877 - International Association (minor baseball league) organizes
  • 1953 - US Court of Appeals rules that Organized Baseball is a sport & not a business
  • 1963 - SF Giants Willie Mays signs a record $100,000 per year contract
  • 1976 - Muhammad Ali KOs Jan Pierre Coopman in 5 rounds for the heavyweight boxing title
  • 1988 - Brian Boitano wins Olympic gold medal in figure skating
  • 1997 - SF Giants Barry Bonds signs record $22.9M 2 year contract
  • 1998 – American figure skater Tara Lipinski becomes the youngest gold-medalist at the Winter Olympics in Nagano, Japan.

Happy celebration one and all, regardless of reason! I'm going with celebrating my pets although they think people are the pets around here..they trained us well.

Having a dring with friends :cheers2:

What are the alkiholiks drinkin tonight?????

Pics please. How do you make yours?

My fav drink. Low cal, and 3 serving of veggies in every drink.

Best BMary mix in all the land..................2 shots. 8 oz of mix. Dash of lemon or lime. Ton of ice. Inner celery stalk to stir and munch. Sip slowly and let the ice melt.
Repeat 4 or 5 times.
Absolut_750x750.jpg
tabasco-extra-spicy-bloody-mary-mix-32-ounce-B001E0E0TM-500x500.jpg

This stuff has grated horseradish for extra spicy, not more cayenne. Drink a glass of this and whatever bad is in your blood will be killed. Lol

There is a restaurant/bar in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee called The Timberwood Grill that claims to have "the largest bloody Mary in the state" called Hair of the Bear-32 ounces. More importantly, they train their bartenders well about how to make a great one. They happen to have a delicious salmon entree that can be deliciously paired with it;)

I have a date tonight with the Captain. This time I intend to show up. Might be fashionably late but I will show up.

We need a bar and maybe a poker machine.
Lol, a poker machine. Try a Deck of cards some chips and some friends.

I have a date tonight with the Captain. This time I intend to show up. Might be fashionably late but I will show up.

We don't go to the same bars I'm guessing.
Likely not. Just saying ya don't need a machine to play poker. Real poker is reading the other players. Kind of hard to do with a machine.

We don't go to the same bars I'm guessing.
Likely not. Just saying ya don't need a machine to play poker. Real poker is reading the other players. Kind of hard to do with a machine.
I'm aware.

View attachment 456153

How can a person live without the basic necessities!

Come on over, I have 20-30 gallons of liquor in stock.
Booze has been the numero uno necessity business of this whole GD Chia pandemic. More than food in a lotta cases.

Chia pandemic?

Lol when those Chia pets first came out and I saw the commercial on television it reminded me of those fake sea monkeys that used to grow in water from tablets- does anybody remember seeing those creepy adverts as a kid? I think they used to advertise in old comic books-Lol

For some reason, I’m picturing multiple options for a fair representation of a USMB “bar”. First, there would definitely be games in the mix and hopefully everyone would be in a good mood so the “head games” would be left at home. Games could include: machine and table poker to provide a nice variety and what each person might prefer plus electronic poker major bucks for USMB that would be hard to turn down, darts (soft-tipped in case any political infighting might break out lol), corn hole, and a few other card games- dealers choice. Euchre, Spades, and Hearts are fun, easy card games to include. Even UNO can be fun with a nice mix of personalities... I always wind up sitting next to the person who has a ton of draw four cards and skip cards
just for me and I’m not joking!

For some reason, I’m picturing multiple options for a fair representation of a USMB “bar”. First, there would definitely be games in the mix and hopefully everyone would be in a good mood so the “head games” would be left at home. Games could include: machine and table poker to provide a nice variety and what each person might prefer plus electronic poker major bucks for USMB that would be hard to turn down, darts (soft-tipped in case any political infighting might break out lol), corn hole, and a few other card games- dealers choice. Euchre, Spades, and Hearts are fun, easy card games to include. Even UNO can be fun with a nice mix of personalities... I always wind up sitting next to the person who has a ton of draw four cards and skip cards
So. Are you up for a mind eraser?

[/QUOTe I can only guess but is that like having more than one Long island tea or a Zombie? Can’t say I’ve ever had a Zombie either but have heard tales lol Sounds like the kind of mixed drink you should drink at home and be safe- perfect timing!

[/QUOTe I can only guess but is that like having more than one Long island tea or a Zombie? Can’t say I’ve ever had a Zombie either but have heard tales lol Sounds like the kind of mixed drink you should drink at home and be safe- perfect timing!
It is 1 shot vodka, 1/2 shot Kahlua fill with soda. Put a straw in it and and then suck it down. I could do one of those and then drink water for an hour.

I haven't been to a bar in over five years.

It is 1 shot vodka, 1/2 shot Kahlua fill with soda. Put a straw in it and and then suck it down. I could do one of those and then drink water for an hour.

I haven't been to a bar in over five years.
Typically I only go to bars (mostly restaurant/bars with bands) while on vacation with my husband. Maybe four times a year we will meet other couples out for dinner and drinks, but that hasn’t happened in over a year due to the virus. BTW- I just happen to have some vodka and Kahlúa and I just might happen to try that after dinner:) I like White Russians so that will be most tasty!

1614114462810.png

Would you like to see my battle scar?

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

Forum List

Back