This is new, Trump attacks Fox News

Clearly, Georgia and South Carolina, along with Tennessee, Florida, and Texas, are Republican states that are violating Trump own guidelines. Today, Trump was asked about that and he replied that the governors of Georgia and South Carolina were "very capable and they know what they are doing." Even though Kemp and McMaster were violating his principles, Trump was proud of them.

Trump continues to do the country a huge favor by conducting these press conferences and making a complete fool of himself.

Today, he continued his practice of not allowing reporters to finish their questions and talking over them. He is revealing a weakness, a lack of confidence. He is afraid of the complete questions, and he often asserts his bully approach to reporters as his advisors grimace at the lack of professionalism and decorum.

Trump has no core beliefs. His position on the issues depends entirely on the audience he is facing. That was evident again today, but it has been true throughout his Presidency. He likes to have it both ways. He thinks that is clever, not realizing he looks like a fool with continuous conflicting statements.

Today, on the south lawn of the White House, facing a friendly crowd, and referring to the southern states under Republican leadership, Trump said, "We’re opening again, Mike [Pence]. It’s starting to move. A lot of states are in great shape and they’re starting to move it along."

In a tweet to his adoring admirers, Trump wrote, "States are safely coming back. Our Country is starting to OPEN FOR BUSINESS again."

In the press conference today, facing inquiring reporters and a savvy American audience, the man of 18,000 lies openly told the American people that he had spoken to Governor Kemp of Georgia and told him that he disagreed with what Kemp was doing.

Noting the discrepancy and the awkwardness caused by his statements and tweet earlier in the day, Trump quickly rambled on to the Blue Angels, Pence's pilot son, July 4th, parades, and great shows. For the longest time Trump would not allow anyone else to speak. It was quite embarrassing.

He has no idea the damage he is doing to himself.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...ims-1170-days/
I also noticed the discrepancy between "open" and "open" and I'm sure everyone else did too.
Are you mentally ill or mentally retarded?

Huh?
I paraphrased what you quoted in a fair manner...
You are Mentally Retarded.

100 million good people who had the legal right to vote simply decided it wasn't worth the hassle in 2016.

What could be more stupid than ingesting disinfectant? How about a vice-president walking into a hospital with a few hundred Covid-19 cases to elbow bump with doctors, nurses, and patients without wearing a mask?

"Some of you might start thinking about school openings, because a lot of people are wanting to have school openings. It's not a big subject, young children have done very well in this disaster that we've all gone through," Trump told the governors on a teleconference call.

Kids could get infected with the coronavirus at school, be asymptomatic, and pass the virus on to mom, dad, and grandma. I guess Trump didn't think about that.

This, folks, is the leadership we let happen.

Never again!

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

To the 100 million good people who stayed home on Election Day 2016, to the good people who were fooling themselves or protesting and voted for a candidate who could not win, I say this.

You got the President you deserve.

100 million good people who had the legal right to vote simply decided it wasn't worth the hassle in 2016.

What could be more stupid than ingesting disinfectant? How about a vice-president walking into a hospital with a few hundred Covid-19 cases to elbow bump with doctors, nurses, and patients without wearing a mask?

"Some of you might start thinking about school openings, because a lot of people are wanting to have school openings. It's not a big subject, young children have done very well in this disaster that we've all gone through," Trump told the governors on a teleconference call.

Kids could get infected with the coronavirus at school, be asymptomatic, and pass the virus on to mom, dad, and grandma. I guess Trump didn't think about that.

This, folks, is the leadership we let happen.

Never again!

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

To the 100 million good people who stayed home on Election Day 2016, to the good people who were fooling themselves or protesting and voted for a candidate who could not win, I say this.

You got the President you deserve.
You are going to be really upset Election night.

Earlier this month, the Senate Republican campaign arm circulated a memo with shocking advice to GOP candidates on responding to coronavirus: “Don’t defend Trump, other than the China Travel Ban — attack China.”

Trump campaign lashes out over 'Don't defend Trump' memo - POLITICO

Republicans are desperate.

Republican candidates are in a quandary. Their fate is largely tied to the president’s. The 2018 results show that even spending tens of millions of dollars on traditional campaign advertising emphasizing a candidate’s virtues likely won’t succeed unless Trump support is high enough to begin with.

That’s why Republican candidates need to run unorthodox campaigns. Instead of focusing largely on themselves and their opponents, they need to spend time and money building up the president. That means running the sort of campaign Trump won’t.

This effort would adopt an implicit, or perhaps explicit, slogan — “Trump: Not Perfect, Just Better.” It would acknowledge the president’s rhetorical and other deficiencies. Ads would have to start by saying things such as “Even Republicans know president Trump tweets too much” or “We all roll our eyes sometimes at something stupid that the president says.” They would then pivot to emphasizing the real accomplishments that unite Republicans and swing voters: tax cuts, suppressing the Islamic State, standing up to China. Such advertisements would focus on results and try to persuade voters that Trump may not be ideal, but his administration — and by extension, Republicans — are worth supporting.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...at-trump-wont/

Further proof, Trump's supporters are totally silent. They have given up.

As he huddled with advisers on Friday evening, President Donald Trump was still fuming over his sliding poll numbers and the onslaught of criticism he was facing for suggesting a day earlier that ingesting disinfectant might prove effective against coronavirus.

Within moments, the President was shouting -- not at the aides in the room, but into the phone -- at his campaign manager Brad Parscale, three people familiar with the matter told CNN. Shifting the blame away from himself, Trump berated Parscale for a recent spate of damaging poll numbers, even at one point threatening to sue Parscale.

The White House did not immediately respond to a request for comment and the Trump campaign declined to comment.

Trump erupts at campaign manager as reelection stress overflows - CNNPolitics

Little wonder why Trump's supporters are abandoning him.

This is typical Trump. He just has to act like a complete jerk even when lives are at stake.

Trump on Tuesday said he might withhold federal coronavirus aid from any states refusing to comply with his administration's immigration policies.

"That's one of the things I think about. If we were going to do something for the states, I think they'd probably want something having to do with sanctuary cities and other different points that we can discuss a little later on," he said at a White House event meant to promote measures to help businesses during the pandemic.

Unreal!

To Trump all of life's problems can be solved with rhetoric and extravagant hyperbole to show he is doing something.

So, we have the Trump administration organizing a Manhattan Project-style effort to drastically cut the time needed to develop a coronavirus vaccine, with a goal of making enough doses for most Americans by year’s end.

Trump dubbed it “Operation Warp Speed,” and the program will theoretically pull together private pharmaceutical companies, government agencies and the military to try to cut the development time for a vaccine by as much as eight months, according to two people familiar with the matter.

No doubt Trump was one of them.

Only one question remains. Three months, over one million cases, 61,508 deaths late, what in the hell has the Trump administration been doing?

Trump comes up with this now. Just as he is loudly encouraging states to open up for business and to hell with a contagious virus for which there is no vaccine?!?

Apparently, this is Trump's idea of leadership.

When things are going bad, use a distraction. Remember when he ordered the navy via a tweet to attack Iranian boats if they harassed our ships. Yeah, that was worth less than a day in the media. Most media outlets didn't even carry the story. It was just Trump being Trump, and things were going badly for him at the time.

Now Senior U.S. officials (read Trump) are beginning to explore proposals for punishing or demanding financial compensation from China for its handling of the coronavirus pandemic, according senior administration officials with knowledge of internal planning (and Trump).

First, doesn't the U.S. first have to prove China acted inappropriately? To provide a distraction to his losing ways, Trump is putting the cart before the horse. Why is no one shocked?

Second, Trump avoids mentioning Xi Jinping. Isn't he concerned that he might piss off his friend, the Chinese dictator? After all, we are talking about the two largest economies in the world here. Well, yeah, if he was really serious about punishing Xi.

But he isn't. This is a distraction, remember?

Trump said today that he has seen evidence linking the novel coronavirus to a lab in Wuhan, China.

“Yes, I have,” Trump told reporters at the White House when asked directly whether he had seen evidence that gives him confidence the virus was tied to the Wuhan lab.

Trump gave no indication of that evidence.

As of April 3, Trump’s 1,170th day in office, Trump has made 18,000 false or misleading claims. https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...ims-1170-days/

“And I think that the World Health Organization should be ashamed of themselves because they’re like the public relations agency for China,” Trump added.

Trump opened his big mouth about the WHO because China lied to the health organization. Trump blamed the WHO because China lied to it, and he cut off funding to the health organization during a world-wide pandemic.

Trump thinks his appearances on television every single day helps his numbers. His numbers have been dropping steadily since February. Is anyone surprised?

Trump said today that he has seen evidence linking the novel coronavirus to a lab in Wuhan, China.

“Yes, I have,” Trump told reporters at the White House when asked directly whether he had seen evidence that gives him confidence the virus was tied to the Wuhan lab.

The AP reports, "The Office of the Director of National Intelligence, the clearinghouse for the web of U.S. spy agencies, said it had ruled out the virus being “manmade” but was still investigating the precise source of the global pandemic, which has killed more than 220,000 people worldwide."

"Scientists suggest the likeliest origin of the pandemic remains natural, that it spread from an infected animal to people.

"Trump claims to have seen evidence to support the theory that the origin was an infectious disease lab in Wuhan."

“It’s a terrible thing that happened,” Trump said. “Whether they made a mistake or whether it started off as a mistake and then they made another one, or did somebody do something on purpose.”

He has no idea what he is talking about.

The AP reports, "The Office of the Director of National Intelligence, the clearinghouse for the web of U.S. spy agencies, said it had ruled out the virus being “manmade” but was still investigating the precise source of the global pandemic, which has killed more than 220,000 people worldwide."

"Scientists suggest the likeliest origin of the pandemic remains natural, that it spread from an infected animal to people.

"Trump claims to have seen evidence to support the theory that the origin was an infectious disease lab in Wuhan."

“It’s a terrible thing that happened,” Trump said. “Whether they made a mistake or whether it started off as a mistake and then they made another one, or did somebody do something on purpose.”

He has no idea what he is talking about.
Bottom Lines...
China develops contagious disease.
China executes and cremates anyone they think has disease.
China allow infected citizens to travel all over the world.

It's Trump's fault!

The U.S. has, by far, the most cases of the coronavirus and the most deaths. Coronavirus Update (Live): 3,396,159 Cases and 239,376 Deaths from COVID-19 Virus Pandemic - Worldometer

Trump's response to the pandemic was pathetic and filled with fantasies. As late as March 24, he was predicting the nation should open up for business by Easter weekend. Last week he suggested that injecting disinfectant might kill the virus.

It is crucial for him to find somebody else to blame. Without mentioning his good friend, Xi Jinping, by name, Trump has chosen China. He contradicted a rare on-the-record statement from his own intelligence community by claiming that he has seen evidence that gives him a "high degree of confidence" the novel coronavirus originated in a laboratory in Wuhan, China, but declined to provide details to back up his assertion.

The Office of the Director of National Intelligence said it had ruled out the virus being “manmade” but was still investigating the precise source of the global pandemic. Scientists suggest the likeliest origin of the pandemic remains natural, that it spread from an infected animal to people.

Senior Trump administration officials, speaking the party line, said that Trump was told the majority of intelligence people support his claim. Told by whom? Sean Hannity?

Other than that, Trump and the White House are mum. That's what happens when one is lying.

Asked for the basis of his statement, Trump said, "I can't tell you that. I'm not allowed to tell you that."

In other words, this clown of a President thought it was perfectly okay to divulge intelligence convenient to his current fantasy, but he couldn't tell us the source of the intelligence.

Another part about all this is that it is important to Trump to stay in the public eye on a daily basis, to always be the center of attention. Thus he must make one or more controversies a day so that people are always talking about him. To Trump, that is the key to success.

Even if it means making a complete fool of himself.

Trump’s threat to impose import tariffs on China in retaliation for its handling of the COVID-19 pandemic caused stocks plummet Friday in an ugly start to the month of May. The Dow was down 622, the S&P 500 gave up 82, and the NASDAQ surrendered 285 points.

Trump said his administration was crafting retaliatory measures against China as punishment for the coronavirus outbreak, once again sparking tariff fears that rattled markets.

“Trump poking China was the last thing markets needed given so much present economic and financial uncertainty,” David Carter, chief investment officer at Lenox Wealth Advisors in New York said.

Trump's statement wiped out all of this week's gains. Thanks again, Mr. President. This has happened countless times.

China develops contagious disease. [False]
China executes and cremates anyone they think has disease. [Link?]
China allow infected citizens to travel all over the world.

It's Trump's fault!

"It's Trump's fault." That's what you said. That is not what I said.

If you you are going to critique me, It would be useful to use what I say, not what you said. :cool:

Asked for the basis of his statement [regarding China], Trump said, "I can't tell you that. I'm not allowed to tell you that."

In other words, this clown of a President thought it was perfectly okay to divulge intelligence convenient to his current fantasy, but he couldn't tell us the source of the intelligence.

Another part about all this is that it is important to Trump to stay in the public eye on a daily basis, to always be the center of attention. Thus he must make one or more controversies a day so that people are always talking about him. To Trump, that is the key to success.

Even if it means making a complete fool of himself.

This will not go over well with grassroots Republicans and Republican lawmakers. The Bush Family is extremely prominent within the Republican Party, and Trump just got through attacking their favorite son.

The Hill reports, "Trump on Sunday took aim at George W. Bush after the former Republican president issued a call to push partisanship aside amid the outbreak of the novel coronavirus.

In a three-minute video shared on Twitter on Saturday, Bush urged Americans to remember "how small our differences are in the face of this shared threat."

"In the final analysis, we are not partisan combatants. We are human beings, equally vulnerable and equally wonderful in the sight of God," Bush said. "We rise or fall together, and we are determined to rise."

"In an early morning tweet on Sunday, Trump called out Bush for his failure to support him as he faced an impeachment trial earlier this year over his alleged dealings with Ukraine. He cited apparent comments from Fox News anchor Pete Hegseth, who asked why Bush didn't push for "putting partisanship aside" amid the trial.

"He was nowhere to be found in speaking up against the greatest Hoax in American history," Trump said."

If one is a Republican President, I can't imagine doing anything more stupid than attacking the Bush Family.

More and more, I think Trump is bored with it all. Taking into account all the dumbass things he as done and said, now attacking the Bush Family, I don't think Trump wants to be reelected. If he does want another term, he is far more stupid than I thought.

The Times reports, "As Trump presses for states to reopen their economies, his administration is privately projecting a steady rise in the number of coronavirus cases and deaths over the next several weeks. The daily death toll will reach about 3,000 on June 1, according to an internal document obtained by The New York Times, nearly double the current number of about 1,750.

"The projections, based on government modeling pulled together in chart form by the Federal Emergency Management Agency, forecast about 200,000 new cases each day by the end of the month, up from about 25,000 cases a day currently."

This model is coming from the Trump administration.

So, is this.

The model provided by the Health Metrics and Evaluation (IHME) at the University of Washington with its estimate of 72,000 deaths by early August was beginning to look absurd. The current death toll is nearly 70,000. What are they smoking in the White House?

That said, the new forecast projects nearly 135,000 deaths due to COVID-19 in the United States through the beginning of August mainly due to states reopening early and the failure of many Americans to avoid contact with one another. In addition, the coronavirus is not, repeat not, peaking.

In the meantime, to distract from his early failures in January and February and his fantasies that the virus would simply go away, Trump is picking a fight with China. Suddenly, he thinks this is a good time to restore Taiwan’s status as an observer at the World Health Organization. Instead of working with the community of nations to fight off a world-wide pandemic that has taken the lives of over a quarter of a million people, Trump creates a controversy designed to pull countries apart.

The enormous tragedy of all this: This is the worst crisis facing Earth since World War Two and Trump is the American President!

In the meantime, to distract from his early failures in January and February and his fantasies that the virus would simply go away, Trump is picking a fight with China. Suddenly, he thinks this is a good time to restore Taiwan’s status as an observer at the World Health Organization. Instead of working with the community of nations to fight off a world-wide pandemic that has taken the lives of over a quarter of a million people, Trump creates a controversy designed to pull countries apart.

The enormous tragedy of all this: This is the worst crisis facing Earth since World War Two and Trump is the American President!

I would wager that most of those who voted for Trump would agree with me.

But we will never know. As can be easily seen on this thread, Trump's fans make every attempt to avoid Trump.

Forum List

Back