This is new, Trump attacks Fox News

Clearly, Georgia and South Carolina, along with Tennessee, Florida, and Texas, are Republican states that are violating Trump own guidelines. Today, Trump was asked about that and he replied that the governors of Georgia and South Carolina were "very capable and they know what they are doing." Even though Kemp and McMaster were violating his principles, Trump was proud of them.

Trump continues to do the country a huge favor by conducting these press conferences and making a complete fool of himself.

Today, he continued his practice of not allowing reporters to finish their questions and talking over them. He is revealing a weakness, a lack of confidence. He is afraid of the complete questions, and he often asserts his bully approach to reporters as his advisors grimace at the lack of professionalism and decorum.

Trump has no core beliefs. His position on the issues depends entirely on the audience he is facing. That was evident again today, but it has been true throughout his Presidency. He likes to have it both ways. He thinks that is clever, not realizing he looks like a fool with continuous conflicting statements.

Today, on the south lawn of the White House, facing a friendly crowd, and referring to the southern states under Republican leadership, Trump said, "We’re opening again, Mike [Pence]. It’s starting to move. A lot of states are in great shape and they’re starting to move it along."

In a tweet to his adoring admirers, Trump wrote, "States are safely coming back. Our Country is starting to OPEN FOR BUSINESS again."

In the press conference today, facing inquiring reporters and a savvy American audience, the man of 18,000 lies openly told the American people that he had spoken to Governor Kemp of Georgia and told him that he disagreed with what Kemp was doing.

Noting the discrepancy and the awkwardness caused by his statements and tweet earlier in the day, Trump quickly rambled on to the Blue Angels, Pence's pilot son, July 4th, parades, and great shows. For the longest time Trump would not allow anyone else to speak. It was quite embarrassing.

He has no idea the damage he is doing to himself.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...ims-1170-days/

Another key advisor to Trump is fired. He joins several others, including the secretary of state, defense secretary, a few National Security Advisors, a few chiefs of staffs, multiple press secretaries, countless cabinet secretaries, White House lawyers, Trump's defense lawyers, and many White House staffers. Trump has the highest turnover rate of any President in American history.

CNBC reports, "A doctor who was removed as head of the federal agency that is helping develop a vaccine for the coronavirus said he was ousted after resisting widespread adoption of a drug promoted by President Donald Trump as a treatment for Covid-19.

Dr. Rick Bright also said that he believed he was removed from his post because he insisted that “the billions of dollars allocated by Congress to address the Covid-19 pandemic” be invested “into safe and scientifically vetted solutions, and not in drugs, vaccines and other technologies that lack scientific merit.”

“I am speaking out because to combat this deadly virus, science — not politics or cronyism — has to lead the way,” Bright said in a statement, which was first reported by The New York Times.

“Rushing blindly towards unproven drugs can be disastrous and result in countless more deaths. Science, in service to the health and safety of the American people, must always trump politics,” said Bright."

The White House had no comment.

Trump really is a loser. No doubt his fans are slowly beginning to understand that. It begins with the realization that they are powerless to defend him.

Trump is that bad.

“There’s a possibility that the assault of the virus on our nation next winter will actually be even more difficult than the one we just went through,” CDC Director Robert Redfield said in an interview with The Washington Post. “And when I’ve said this to others, they kind of put their head back, they don’t understand what I mean.”

“We’re going to have the flu epidemic and the coronavirus epidemic at the same time,” he said.

At the press conference today Trump lashed out at the media report.

“I do want to mention, Dr. Robert Redfield was totally misquoted in the media about the fall season and the virus. Totally misquoted. I spoke to him and he said it was ridiculous,” Trump said.

At the press conference today, Redfield confirmed that he had been quoted accurately in the DC paper. “I’m accurately quoted in The Washington Post,” Redfield said.

CDC chief 'misquoted' on 'fall coronavirus outbreak': Trump

Redfield totally embarrassed himself as he tried to un-ring the bell. He used the term, "worse," then attributed it to the Post. Then he split hairs between "worse" and "being more difficult."

Trump embarrassed himself even more by blaming CNN, not the Post.

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

CDC Director was totally misquoted by Fake News @CNN on Covid 19. He will be putting out a statement.
7:17 AM - Apr 22, 2020
Twitter Ads info and privacy

38.6K people are talking about this

Does Trump even know how stupid he looks sometimes?

Total silence from Trump's fans. Can anyone blame them? I'd be embarrassed, too, if I had supported this idiot.

Talking about wanting it both ways, Trump makes a complete fool of himself.

On Wednesday, Trump said, "We’re opening again. It’s starting to move. A lot of states are in great shape and they’re starting to move it along."

In a tweet on Wednesday, Trump wrote, "States are safely coming back. Our Country is starting to OPEN FOR BUSINESS again."

He, of course, was referring to Georgia, South Carolina, Tennessee, Florida, and Texas whose Republican governors are ignoring Trump's guidelines and attempting to reopen early while the coronavirus is still surging.

On Wednesday at his press conference, Trump said he "strongly disagrees" with Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp's decision to allow businesses like barbershops and nail salons to reopen. "I told the governor of Georgia, Brian Kemp, that I disagree strongly with his decision to open certain facilities."

He then contradicted himself immediately. "But at the same time, he must do what he thinks is right. I want him to do what he thinks is right."

Then he contradicts himself in the next sentence. "But I disagree with him on what he's doing."

This is classic Trump. Does he have any beliefs? Does he have even the slightest bit of confidence in himself?

The answer is "no" to both questions. It appears his fans agree. Gradually, it is dawning on them that they are backing a loser.

Just how stupid can a Republican be? I have provided numerous examples in this thread of how stupid the Republican President can be, and the silence from his supporters infers they agree with Trump's ignorance.

But this is about another Republican. The Hill explains. "Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) is facing blowback from across the political spectrum after he suggested states should be able to declare bankruptcy as they face severe budget holes sparked by the coronavirus outbreak.

"McConnell sparked a political firestorm when, in response to a question from radio host Hugh Hewitt, he said he supported letting states declare bankruptcy and was skeptical about providing them with additional federal relief."

In the face of a pandemic that has sweeped across our country, McConnell's statement is beyond belief.

"I would certainly be in favor of allowing states to use the bankruptcy route. It saves some cities. And there’s no good reason for it not to be available," the Republican said.
icon_rolleyes.gif
icon_eek.gif

States are not allowed to file bankruptcy. Apparently, McConnell didn't know that.

I have no words. I'll let Governor Cuomo of New York speak for me. He angrily slammed as “irresponsible, reckless” and “one of the really dumb ideas of all time” McConnell’s suggestion that states struggling to cope with the coronavirus should be able to file for bankruptcy rather than seek financial aid from the federal government.

“If there’s ever a time for humanity and decency, now’s the time,” Cuomo said. “How irresponsible and how reckless.”

Noting that New York, along with California and some other states (most are blue) put more money into the federal coffers than they take out, while Kentucky, McConnell's state, gets more from the federal government than it contributes, Cuomo remarked “It’s your state that is living on the money that we generate,” Cuomo said. “Your state is being bailed out, not my state.”

OUCH!

Only one question remains. Are the people of Kentucky going to be foolish enough to reelect McConnell?

The New York Times reports, "Trump has long pinned his hopes on the powers of sunlight to defeat the Covid-19 virus. He returned to that theme at the White House coronavirus briefing on Thursday, bringing in a science administrator to back up his assertions.

"After the administrator, William N. Bryan, the head of science at the Department of Homeland Security, told the briefing that the agency had tested how sunlight and disinfectants — including bleach and alcohol — can kill the coronavirus on surfaces in as little as 30 seconds, an excited Mr. Trump returned to the lectern."

“Supposing we hit the body with a tremendous — whether it’s ultraviolet or just very powerful light,” Mr. Trump said. “And I think you said that hasn’t been checked, but we’re going to test it?” he added, turning to Mr. Bryan, who had returned to his seat. “And then I said, supposing you brought the light inside the body, either through the skin or some other way.'"

Trump then turned and looked at Dr. Birx.

And then I see the disinfectant where it knocks it out in a minute — one minute — and is there a way we can do something like that by injection inside, or almost a cleaning?” he asked. “Because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it would be interesting to check that.”

A camera panned on Birx. Her face turned blank. It was obvious she couldn't believe what she was hearing from the President.

Please note, as can be seen on videos presented by every network in the country, reporters were not involved in this interchange.

Trump then turned and looked at Dr. Birx.

And then I see the disinfectant where it knocks it out in a minute — one minute — and is there a way we can do something like that by injection inside, or almost a cleaning?” he asked. “Because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it would be interesting to check that.”

A camera panned on Birx. Her face turned blank. It was obvious she couldn't believe what she was hearing from the President.

Please note, as can be seen on videos presented by every network in the country, reporters were not involved in this interchange.

As of April 3, Trump’s 1,170th day in office, our database shows that he has made 18,000 false or misleading claims. That’s an average of more than 15 claims a day, though since our last update 75 days ago, he’s been averaging just over 23 claims a day. That’s slightly higher than the 22 a day he recorded in 2019. https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...ims-1170-days/

Trump lied today when he said he was being "sarcastic" when he asked medical experts on Thursday to look into the possibility of injecting disinfectant as a treatment for the coronavirus.

The CDC and the makers Lysol and Dettol were so concerned about the President's remarks that they issued warnings about injecting or ingesting disinfectants.

Trump suggested he was talking about disinfectants that can safely be rubbed on people's hands.

Here is what he said. “And then I see the disinfectant where it knocks it out in a minute — one minute — and is there a way we can do something like that by injection inside, or almost a cleaning?.”

Trump then returned to the sarcasm explanation, saying it was "a very sarcastic question to the reporters in the room about disinfectant on the inside."

As seen in the video, first he addressed Dr. Bryan. Then he turned to Dr. Birx who shuddered at his statement. Reporters were not involved.

What an idiot. He lies about a video that has been seen by millions of Americans. Honestly, how stupid can you be.

In conclusion, Trump was not being "sarcastic" when he raised the possibility of injecting disinfectant. There was every indication that he was being candid in his remarks to the two doctors. He was also wrong when he denied he had asked the medical experts to "check" the idea of disinfectant injections (see statement); and he was looking at them at the time. And he did not mention hands during his Thursday remarks.

Little wonder why he walked out of today's briefing after reading a prepared statement. The man is a coward and he got caught. Under the circumstances, he had no desire to face the American people and reporters with inquisitive minds.

Somebody should tell this man to stop making himself a daily target before a national television audience with the networks looking in.

But we know that won't happen. He doesn't listen.

In conclusion, Trump was not being "sarcastic" when he raised the possibility of injecting disinfectant. There was every indication that he was being candid in his remarks to the two doctors. He was also wrong when he denied he had asked the medical experts to "check" the idea of disinfectant injections (see statement); and he was looking at them at the time. And he did not mention hands during his Thursday remarks.

Little wonder why he walked out of today's briefing after reading a prepared statement. The man is a coward and he got caught. Under the circumstances, he had no desire to face the American people and reporters with inquisitive minds.

Somebody should tell this man to stop making himself a daily target before a national television audience with the networks looking in.

But we know that won't happen. He doesn't listen.

In rare moment I was wrong about that. For the first time in his life, Trump listened to his advisors. How long will this sensible decision last? His record says, not long.

Politico reports, "President Donald Trump skipped his daily coronavirus briefing on Saturday, amid concerns among Republicans and White House advisers that his near-constant presence on television is diminishing his standing and could sabotage his reelection campaign.

Trump, who has been criticized for a series of missteps in his handling of the coronavirus crisis, has seen public approval of his performance during the pandemic drop in recent weeks and his poll numbers slip in key battleground states. Some aides are urging him to shorten his lengthy daily briefing and leave medical advice to the experts."

After more than a month of near-daily White House coronavirus press briefings, there was no briefing on Saturday and it was not yet known if one will take place Sunday.

Of course Trump blamed the "fake news" and reporters, not his moronic remark about injecting disinfectant into the lungs, when he wrote on Twitter that the briefings are “not worth the time & effort”.

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

What is the purpose of having White House News Conferences when the Lamestream Media asks nothing but hostile questions, & then refuses to report the truth or facts accurately. They get record ratings, & the American people get nothing but Fake News. Not worth the time & effort!
3:01 PM - Apr 25, 2020

47.3K people are talking about this

Trump, who has been criticized for a series of missteps in his handling of the coronavirus crisis, has seen public approval of his performance during the pandemic drop in recent weeks and his poll numbers slip in key battleground states. Some aides are urging him to shorten his lengthy daily briefing and leave medical advice to the experts. Politico

White House advisors are hiding a very significant fact from the American people. From a mental health standpoint, the President is a very sick man.

Even his supporters know it. They are pretty much keeping their distance from him.

Originally Posted by Sandy Shanks View Post

About two weeks ago Trump appointed Pence to be in charge of the Covid-19 White House medical team. What a joke that has become. Trump cannot share the limelight with anyone. So, for the past two weeks it is Trump who conducts the press conferences, and Pence stands behind him. The worst part about all this is Trump is doing most of the talking on the pandemic, not the medical experts, and he is making a complete fool of himself. He has no idea what he is talking about.

Trump has this nasty habit of interrupting reporters from CNN, ABC, CBS, NBC, and others. Using the over-talking method, he won't let them finish their questions. This is a sign of weakness and vulnerability. He doesn't want the television audience to hear their questions.

That was written over a month ago, on March 24. A month later, Trump is finally grasping the obvious.

Well, at least we can all hope. Most Americans are quite tired of seeing their incompetent President make a complete fool o himself on daily basis for two hours or more.

NBC News gives us that hope. It reports, "As his aides and allies increasingly worry that President Donald Trump's lengthy appearances at his daily briefings on the coronavirus pandemic may may backfire politically, the White House is considering scaling them back.

"It follows widespread mockery and an immediate and universal backlash from the medical community after the president suggested Thursday evening that people might be able to inject household cleaning items or disinfectants to deter the respiratory illness."

I will say it again. The White House is hiding something very important from the American people. Our President is not a well man. Anyone suggesting that disinfectant be injected into the human body has a very serious mental problem. No one, not even Trump, could be that stupid. Multiply that a thousand fold when it is the President on national television giving medical advice to his loyal flock that believe everything he says, as his fans prove every day on this forum.

“There’s a possibility that the assault of the virus on our nation next winter will actually be even more difficult than the one we just went through,” CDC Director Robert Redfield said in an interview with The Washington Post. “And when I’ve said this to others, they kind of put their head back, they don’t understand what I mean.”

“We’re going to have the flu epidemic and the coronavirus epidemic at the same time,” he said.

At the press conference today Trump lashed out at the media report.

“I do want to mention, Dr. Robert Redfield was totally misquoted in the media about the fall season and the virus. Totally misquoted. I spoke to him and he said it was ridiculous,” Trump said.

At the press conference today, Redfield confirmed that he had been quoted accurately in the DC paper. “I’m accurately quoted in The Washington Post,” Redfield said.

CDC chief 'misquoted' on 'fall coronavirus outbreak': Trump

Redfield totally embarrassed himself as he tried to un-ring the bell. He used the term, "worse," then attributed it to the Post. Then he split hairs between "worse" and "being more difficult."

Trump embarrassed himself even more by blaming CNN, not the Post.

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

CDC Director was totally misquoted by Fake News @CNN on Covid 19. He will be putting out a statement.
7:17 AM - Apr 22, 2020

38.6K people are talking about this

Does Trump even know how stupid he looks sometimes?

Total silence from Trump's fans. Can anyone blame them? I'd be embarrassed, too, if I had supported this idiot.
Do you know the bad news for you?

Nobody talks about Joe Biden but because his sexual assault, otherwise he is not worthy at all to be mentioned in the news.

So, this November your candidate is Donald Trump , like it or not.

Last edited:
Trump must have been sarcastic when he tweeted:

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

What is the purpose of having White House News Conferences when the Lamestream Media asks nothing but hostile questions, & then refuses to report the truth or facts accurately. They get record ratings, & the American people get nothing but Fake News. Not worth the time & effort!
3:01 PM - Apr 25, 2020

150K people are talking about this

Trump held an off again, on again press conference today. By his standards, he did quite well. There were his usual lies, exaggerations, insults to reporters, but he didn't give any medical advice. 1,007,162 cases and 56,595 deaths late, the President finally offered on some guidelines on testing and fighting this pandemic.

However, he did allow the CEO's of some of America's largest retail corporations to advertise their wares free of charge.

Overall, it was a great political rally.

It is positively amazing how stupid some people can be. I am going to quote this source to prove I am not making this up.

KANSAS CITY, Mo. — The number of cases of people ingesting a chemical solution has increased, Kansas Department of Health and Environment Secretary Dr. Lee Norman said Monday.

Norman said he received the information from Dr. Stephen Thornton, a toxicologist and emergency medicine specialist at the University of Kansas Medical Center.

Thornton told Norman he’d seen an increase of more than 40% in cleaning chemical cases.

That included a man over the weekend who drank a product “because of the advice that he received,” Norman said.

Norman said the department is “doing what we can to counter-message against that kind of remedy.”

KDHE secretary: More than 40% increase in cleaning chemical ingestion cases

I wonder how many of these people voted for Trump.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

Trump wants as little responsibility as possible in the fight against the coronavirus pandemic. His intentions are made clear by the White House plan revealed yesterday that place the burden on the states to fight the pandemic with the federal government playing a minor role.

The White House said the federal government should act as the "supplier of last resort" for the tests as it works with states to ramp up a testing regime that health experts say is necessary before a national reopening.

States should "develop testing plans and rapid response programs" and "maximize the use of all available testing platforms and venues," according to the White House blueprint.

States are also instructed to "identify and overcome barriers to efficient testing," including "misallocation of supplies" and "logistical failures." In other words, if someone screws up, it isn't Trump's fault.

The private sector should "develop new technologies" and "accelerate production of tests and materials," according to the document. The federal government is helping by ordering private companies to accelerate the production of needed supplies.

Allow me an appropriate metaphor. This is like asking New York, California, Florida, and the other states to fight off the Nazis and Japanese warlords during WWII.

"As of April 3, Trump’s 1,170th day in office, our database shows that he has made 18,000 false or misleading claims. That’s an average of more than 15 claims a day, though since our last update 75 days ago, he’s been averaging just over 23 claims a day. That’s slightly higher than the 22 a day he recorded in 2019." https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...ims-1170-days/

Little wonder why Americans can't trust a damn thing Trump says. He just makes things up, whatever is convenient to the argument he is making at the time. Trump calls it "truthful hyperbole," and he is proud of his ability to lie and exaggerate for his fans. He even admits it.

CNN reports, "Trump on Monday again claimed the United States was "lapping the world on testing."

"Per capita testing rates in the US remain behind other nations and health officials still warn there isn't enough testing for states to safely reopen."

Good thing I am a person who relies solely on the truth. Trump supporters are allowing me to say anything I want with no questions asked. This is true on other threads as well.

I'm guessing they have given up. Good thing. Trump is one sorry President as my postings have shown.

Clearly, Georgia and South Carolina, along with Tennessee, Florida, and Texas, are Republican states that are violating Trump own guidelines. Today, Trump was asked about that and he replied that the governors of Georgia and South Carolina were "very capable and they know what they are doing." Even though Kemp and McMaster were violating his principles, Trump was proud of them.

Trump continues to do the country a huge favor by conducting these press conferences and making a complete fool of himself.

Today, he continued his practice of not allowing reporters to finish their questions and talking over them. He is revealing a weakness, a lack of confidence. He is afraid of the complete questions, and he often asserts his bully approach to reporters as his advisors grimace at the lack of professionalism and decorum.

Trump has no core beliefs. His position on the issues depends entirely on the audience he is facing. That was evident again today, but it has been true throughout his Presidency. He likes to have it both ways. He thinks that is clever, not realizing he looks like a fool with continuous conflicting statements.

Today, on the south lawn of the White House, facing a friendly crowd, and referring to the southern states under Republican leadership, Trump said, "We’re opening again, Mike [Pence]. It’s starting to move. A lot of states are in great shape and they’re starting to move it along."

In a tweet to his adoring admirers, Trump wrote, "States are safely coming back. Our Country is starting to OPEN FOR BUSINESS again."

In the press conference today, facing inquiring reporters and a savvy American audience, the man of 18,000 lies openly told the American people that he had spoken to Governor Kemp of Georgia and told him that he disagreed with what Kemp was doing.

Noting the discrepancy and the awkwardness caused by his statements and tweet earlier in the day, Trump quickly rambled on to the Blue Angels, Pence's pilot son, July 4th, parades, and great shows. For the longest time Trump would not allow anyone else to speak. It was quite embarrassing.

I also noticed the discrepancy between "open" and "open" and I'm sure everyone else did too.
Are you mentally ill or mentally retarded?

I also noticed the discrepancy between "open" and "open" and I'm sure everyone else did too.
Are you mentally ill or mentally retarded?

Huh?

Forum List

Back