This is new, Trump attacks Fox News

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

Just watched Mike Wallace wannabe, Chris Wallace, on @FoxNews. I am now convinced that he is even worse than Sleepy Eyes Chuck Todd of Meet the Press(please!), or the people over at Deface the Nation. What the hell is happening to @FoxNews. It’s a whole new ballgame over there!
12:49 PM - Apr 12, 2020

Another Fox News host fired back at Trump after the President's immature tweet concerning Chris Wallace, host of "Fox News Sunday."

Jedediah Bila, weekend co-host of "Fox & Friends," criticized Trump for his "3rd grade name-calling," adding that Wallace "is doing his job."

"Enough with the 3rd grade name-calling. Chris is doing his job. The news should not be any president’s friend, ally, or buddy. If it bothered you when Obama complained about Fox News, but you’re silent on this complete nonsense, then just stop," she tweeted Sunday afternoon.

"Fox and Friends" is euphemistically called the "Donald Trump Show." Via phone talk, Trump often appears on "Fox and Friends" and he takes advice from the show's guests and its commentary.

The network had no idea what set Trump off.

Many are convinced that Trump is losing it. His leadership in the coronavirus pandemic is highly questionable, and nearly every poll in the country has him losing his reelection. Worse not even his supporters can defend him, and Republican leaders in Congress largely ignore him and are strangely silent about his conduct during this national emergency.

Trump is forced to be his own spokesman.

Trump is very much aware of all this, and, at times, he lashes out blindly. His tweet concerning Wallace provides an excellent example of his mental dysfunction. Wallace, "Fox and Friends," and Fox News are his friends.

The weeknight crew on FOX is bringing in the ratings. On weekends they might as well be MSNBC.
Fox week night crew is not getting ratings from me since I switched to OAN. I like hannity, but whever I see him on TV, I know it's time to switch over to OAN for Liz Wheeler who makes better use of the hour.
Liz is one of my favorites.

Is this all a joke to Trump?

I couldn't take it anymore. I had to quit watching. I have been following Presidential press conferences for over fifty years. Trump's press conference today was a pathetic display of paranoia, narcissism, falsehood, and self-promotion that included attacks on the free press.

"Social distancing aimed at stopping the spread of the coronavirus could have saved lives if they’d been started earlier," according to the nation’s top infectious disease expert, Dr. Anthony Fauci.

That comment earned Fauci a tweet from Trump that ended with the hashtag, "Time to FireFauci." Trump explained the message was a retweet and that it doesn't matter. Failing to understand that he sent the message to his dwindling number of adoring admirers, Trump said the tweet was "somebody's opinion." "I'm not firing him. I think he is a wonderful guy."

Trump put in his claim to be emperor. He described his authority as commander in chief as “total.” “The president of the United States calls the shots.”

@realDonaldTrump

Tell the Democrat Governors that “Mutiny On The Bounty” was one of my all time favorite movies. A good old fashioned mutiny every now and then is an exciting and invigorating thing to watch, especially when the mutineers need so much from the Captain. Too easy!
7:57 AM - Apr 14, 2020

“I like to allow governors to make decisions because from a constitutional standpoint, that’s the way it should be done,” Trump said.

USA Today reports, "President Donald Trump embraced a less confrontational tone with the nation's governors Tuesday, asserting he wouldn't "force" states to reopen during the coronavirus pandemic a day after he claimed he had "absolute authority" to do so.

China lied to the WHO. Trump blames the WHO and he cut funding to the health organization in the midst of a world-wide pandemic.

In the press conference today, Trump told the American people that the Chinese government has paid billions into the U.S. treasury. No one, not even his aides, have any idea what he is talking about, again, illustrating Trump lives in his own little world where reality and truth are not welcome, only his fantasies.

Speaking of which, in response to Trump's Presidential demand, his name will appear on the memo line of the printed stimulus checks that will soon go out to millions of Americans.

Also today, Trump threatened to shut down both chambers of Congress to allow him to fill vacancies in his administration without Senate approval.

Undoubtedly, McConnell rues the day the Senate failed to remove Trump from office when they had the chance. Republican leadership in Congress is totally silent on Trump's leadership in this national crisis.

If I weren't crying in despair that this woeful man is our President, I would be laughing my fool head off.
Awww poor little TDSer...
:boo_hoo14:

China lied to the WHO. Trump blames the WHO and he cut funding to the health organization in the midst of a world-wide pandemic.

In the press conference today, Trump told the American people that the Chinese government has paid billions into the U.S. treasury. No one, not even his aides, have any idea what he is talking about, again, illustrating Trump lives in his own little world where reality and truth are not welcome, only his fantasies.

Speaking of which, in response to Trump's Presidential demand, his name will appear on the memo line of the printed stimulus checks that will soon go out to millions of Americans.

Also today, Trump threatened to shut down both chambers of Congress to allow him to fill vacancies in his administration without Senate approval.
Trump's fans avoid Trump at all costs.

Can anyone blame them?

Fox News is now run by Murdoch's kids, educated at elite schools, inherited lots of cash, always had huge allowances, etc., much like the Kennedys, so yes, they're going to indulge their Daddy Issues and it will be reflected in their network agendas. They just want to be loved .... by assorted deviants and sociopaths and Boomer Burb Brat Nation.

Wallace really went after Trump on Sunday but he made a fool out of himself doing it...Wallace kept bringing up a story that had already been shown to be BS....I was screaming at my TV until I finally shut it off....FOX news on weekends is no different than CNN....

The 2016 elections proved all the Sunday hacks were just partisan pieces of Shi'ites. I quit watching them then, no point in hearing fake news over and over and over again, we have Democrats here on this forum for the spam waves.

Easy

Trump considers Fox News to be his personal propaganda arm and gets upset when they stray from his agenda
Trump is right. Fox has plenty of hosts who seem anxious to question his every move. Wallace, Cavuto, Juan Williams, Charlie Gasparino and Howard Kurtz are a few. Fox is losing it's mojo.

in response to Trump's Presidential demand, his name will appear on the memo line of the printed stimulus checks that will soon go out to millions of Americans.

Undoubtedly, McConnell rues the day the Senate failed to remove Trump from office when they had the chance. Republican leadership in Congress is totally silent on Trump's leadership in this national crisis.

If I weren't crying in despair that this woeful man is our President, I would be laughing my fool head off.

To understand Trump one has to realize that Trump still thinks of himself as a reality television host, and he is the star of daytime melodramas. As such, Trump knows his show must move from one exciting sub-plot to another exciting sub-plot then another and another.

The worst part about all this is that the networks -- thinking they are doing so in the public interest -- are obliging Trump by giving him daily programing. They think something useful will be learned about the pandemic, but the "reality" is, Trump is allowed to carry on with his idea of programing.

The "reality" is, in less than four days, Trump attacked the Trump Network, er, sorry, Fox News.

Next, Trump threatened to fire his chief medical advisor because he told the truth. Then he said Fauci was "wonderful", and he wasn't going to fire him. Trump said his tweet to his fans was someone else's opinion.

Then Trump got in a fight with the country's governors and compared it to the mutiny on the Bounty. Then he backed down. The next day, he reasserted himself by saying "we will do whatever we want, but won't."

Next, because China lied to the WHO, Trump cut U.S. funding to the World Health Organization during a world-wide pandemic that has claimed over 142,600 lives.

Stimulus checks are going out to millions of Americans. Trump insisted that his name be placed on the memo line of those checks.

Then he threatened to close down Congress.

All of this in less than four days.

Trump considers his show a great success. His followers agree. Those Americans remain totally silent through all this.

First, Trump described his authority as commander in chief as “total.” “The president of the United States calls the shots,” he said.

Today, Trump unveiled new guidelines, telling governors in the afternoon telephone call it was their decision on when and how to reopen in a phased withdrawal from current restrictions.

"You are going to call your own shots," Trump said.

Trump was grandstanding again. Big surprise there. His guidelines are based on a single assumption. That, collectively, the governors are as stupid as he is. Since the governors will be in charge, and there are 50 different sets of circumstances, the various states governors will be relying on their own guidelines, not Trump's.

Also, by definition, it will be a phased withdrawal, since each state governor will be deciding on the rate of relaxing the harsh restrictions in accordance with his state's needs.

Instead of trying to look important, Trump should make every attempt to be important and provide what this nation needs to conquer this pandemic.

The first step, quit wasting his and the nation's time on daily, meaningless, self-serving, campaign-like press conferences. Americans are weary of the gratuitous self-congratulations.

It would be like Trump to continue with them just to piss people off.

Yesterday, Trump stressed working in tandem with the various state governors. Today he fomented revolts in states with Democratic governors. I am assuming you agree with Trump's tactic.

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

LIBERATE MICHIGAN!
8:22 AM - Apr 17, 2020
Twitter Ads info and privacy

64.8K people are talking about this

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

LIBERATE MINNESOTA!
8:21 AM - Apr 17, 2020

52.7K people are talking about this

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

LIBERATE VIRGINIA, and save your great 2nd Amendment. It is under siege!
8:25 AM - Apr 17, 2020

73.6K people are talking about this

Washington state Governor Jay Inslee said Trump was unhinged. By endangering people's lives in Minnesota, Michigan, and Virginia, Trump's leadership in this national crisis is in serious question, and he is violating his own guidelines set down yesterday.

Matters are getting bleak for Trump when a state governor says he is "unhinged."

"... save your great 2nd Amendment. It is under siege!" What the hell is he talking about? Wow! He really is losing it.

A Twitter spokesperson said the president’s tweets didn’t violate the site’s policies against content that poses a risk to health or well-being around the coronavirus outbreak.

The use of "liberate" in the tweets is too vague to be actionable, according to the Twitter spokesperson.

In Trump'''s '''LIBERATE''' tweets, extremists see a call to arms

NBC News also reports, "The Minnesota protest followed several others in different states including Ohio, New York, North Carolina, Kentucky and Michigan, in which demonstrators have demanded governors end shutdowns enacted to stop the spread of the coronavirus.

"The protests have been a unifier of anti-government and conspiracy-minded subcultures, bringing anti-vaccination activists, anti-government militia groups, religious fundamentalists and white supremacists together at state capitols."

Trump's tweets would indicate that the President supports these protests. Senator Tim Kaine of Virginia asked why Trump was trying to incite division in the middle of pandemic.

The answer is one for the books. Pence said that the President was an effective communicator and was not going to stop talking to the American people.
lmfao.gif
icon_rolleyes.gif

Wow! Trump and Pence are at the head of our government. Who voted for these clowns?

Once again, Trump is proving to be his own worst enemy.

Gallup has recorded its sharpest approval rating dip to date since President Trump took office, currently standing at 43%, per recently released polling.

What's happening: The decline comes as about 65% of Americans say that Trump was too slow to take major steps to handle the threat of the coronavirus in the U.S., Pew Research found in a survey published Thursday.

Where it stands: American's approval of Trump's presidency has dropped six percentage points since March 24, shortly after he advised people to self-isolate for 15 days to slow the spread of the virus and signed an emergency relief package.

Gallup's March 24 poll measured Trump's approval rating days before the U.S. led the world in coronavirus cases.

Gallup: Trump'''s approval rating makes its steepest drop amid coronavirus crisis - Axios

Yesterday, Trump stressed working in tandem with the various state governors. Today he fomented revolts in states with Democratic governors. I am assuming you agree with Trump's tactic.

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

LIBERATE MICHIGAN!
8:22 AM - Apr 17, 2020

64.8K people are talking about this

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

LIBERATE MINNESOTA!
8:21 AM - Apr 17, 2020

52.7K people are talking about this

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

LIBERATE VIRGINIA, and save your great 2nd Amendment. It is under siege!
8:25 AM - Apr 17, 2020

73.6K people are talking about this

Washington state Governor Jay Inslee said Trump was unhinged. By endangering people's lives in Minnesota, Michigan, and Virginia, Trump's leadership in this national crisis is in serious question, and he is violating his own guidelines set down yesterday.

Matters are getting bleak for Trump when a state governor says he is "unhinged."

"... save your great 2nd Amendment. It is under siege!" What the hell is he talking about? Wow! He really is losing it.

The revolts were already fomented.

In one day Georgia had 790 new cases and 52 new deaths. United States Coronavirus: 791,625 Cases and 42,458 Deaths - Worldometer

CNN reports, "Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp announced Monday that certain businesses in the state would be able to reopen this week in a "small step forward" out of the social distancing measures meant to mitigate the novel coronavirus pandemic.

"Kemp, a Republican, said specifically that fitness centers, bowling alleys, body art studios, barbers, hair and nail salons, and massage therapy businesses can reopen as early Friday, April 24. Theaters and restaurants will be allowed to open on Monday, April 27 while bars and night clubs will remain closed for now, Kemp added."

Notably, no local ordinance can restrict the openings, which will be implemented statewide.

Kemp is the same governor who said a few days ago that he didn't know that people who were asymptomatic could pass the virus on to others. The sixth grader next door knew that.

This is the same guy who ran for governor while controlling the vote as secretary of state. Only in Georgia.

Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp. a Republican, announced Monday that fitness centers, bowling alleys, body art studios, barbers, hair and nail salons, and massage therapy businesses can reopen as early Friday, April 24. Theaters and restaurants will be allowed to open on Monday, April 27.

South Carolina allowed retail shops ranging from department stores to flea markets to reopen Monday afternoon, shortly after its governor, Henry McMaster, a Republican, signed an executive order reversing some of the closings he ordered earlier this month.

Tennessee’s stay-at-home order will expire April 30, allowing most businesses there to reopen on May 1, Gov. Bill Lee said. Lee is a Republican.

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis gave municipalities the go-ahead to reopen their beaches during a news conference Friday. DeSantis is a Republican.

In one day Georgia had 790 new cases of the coronavirus and 52 deaths.

In one day Florida had 823 new cases of the coronavirus and 49 deaths.

South Carolina has had 4,439 cases of the virus and 124 deaths. Tennessee 7,238 and 152 deaths.

United States Coronavirus: 792,735 Cases and 42,507 Deaths - Worldometer

These four states are all in Trump country. It would appear that the Democrats will have far less fear of Republican voters in November.

The Post writes, "When we last updated our database of President Trump’s false or misleading claims, it was on Jan. 19, the end of his third year as president. The next day, the first confirmed case of the novel coronavirus was reported in the United States. So, with this update through April 3, we’ve added a new category — coronavirus — that already has more than 350 items.

"As of April 3, Trump’s 1,170th day in office, our database shows that he has made 18,000 false or misleading claims. That’s an average of more than 15 claims a day, though since our last update 75 days ago, he’s been averaging just over 23 claims a day. That’s slightly higher than the 22 a day he recorded in 2019." https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...ims-1170-days/

Little wonder why Americans can't trust a damn thing Trump says. He just makes things up, whatever is convenient to the argument he is making at the time. Trump calls it "truthful hyperbole," and he is proud of his ability to lie and exaggerate for his fans. He even admits it.

Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp. a Republican, announced Monday that fitness centers, bowling alleys, body art studios, barbers, hair and nail salons, and massage therapy businesses can reopen as early Friday, April 24. Theaters and restaurants will be allowed to open on Monday, April 27.

South Carolina allowed retail shops ranging from department stores to flea markets to reopen Monday afternoon, shortly after its governor, Henry McMaster, a Republican, signed an executive order reversing some of the closings he ordered earlier this month.

Tennessee’s stay-at-home order will expire April 30, allowing most businesses there to reopen on May 1, Gov. Bill Lee said. Lee is a Republican.

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis gave municipalities the go-ahead to reopen their beaches during a news conference Friday. DeSantis is a Republican.

I missed one state, and a big one at that.

Gov. Greg Abbott announced initial steps to reopen the Texas economy this week, including loosening surgery restrictions at medical facilities, allowing all retail stores to provide product pickups and reopening state parks.

Abbot is also a Republican.

It is entirely likely that there will be a lot less Republican voters in November.

Gov. Greg Abbott, a Republican, announced initial steps to reopen the Texas economy this week, including loosening surgery restrictions at medical facilities, allowing all retail stores to provide product pickups and reopening state parks.

It is entirely likely that there will be a lot less Republican voters in November.

Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp said that Georgia was in line with Trump's guidelines to reopen the economy. Like any good Trump Republican, he is lying. On April 4, Georgia had 1,099 new cases. On April 20, Georgia had 1,098 cases.

Clearly, Georgia and South Carolina, along with Tennessee, Florida, and Texas, are Republican states that are violating Trump own guidelines. Today, Trump was asked about that and he replied that the governors of Georgia and South Carolina were "very capable and they know what they are doing." Even though Kemp and McMaster were violating his principles, Trump was proud of them.

What kind of a President is this?

A poor one, I know.

Also one who can't control his own party. Republican state and Congressional leaders largely ignore Trump.

Trump continues to do the country a huge favor by conducting these press conferences and making a complete fool of himself.

Today, he continued his practice of not allowing reporters to finish their questions and talking over them. He is revealing a weakness, a lack of confidence. He is afraid of the complete questions, and he often asserts his bully approach to reporters as his advisors grimace at the lack of professionalism and decorum.

Trump stated he was proud of Republican governors who were defying his guidelines for reopening the states by saying they were great, and they were "very capable and knew what they were doing" to the chagrin of his campaign managers.

Once again, to the chagrin of his campaign managers, Trump gave his wholehearted support to protesters who were rebelling against the orders of state governors who were following his guidelines.

With some notable exceptions the press conference was much like all the others, a gathering of the mutual admiration society, congratulating each other on the great job they are doing. To the chagrin of Trump's campaign managers, this is getting quite sickening.

Trump can't seem to get it in his head that American are not interested in the nuts and bolts of fighting this pandemic. We don't need to hear the drone of medical experts as they explain the complexities of their efforts. Americans are interested in one thing: Results.

That is a concept Trump will never understand. Or, he wants to set the record for consecutive days of press conferences by a President or any world leader just to piss everyone off.

Much to the chagrin of his campaign managers.

Why Trump insists on making himself a target is a mystery to his supporters who are fighting for his reelection. It is entirely possible that Trump is bored with it all and doesn't want to be reelected.

That would explain a lot, and, if true, Americans will be happy to oblige.

Gov. Greg Abbott, a Republican, announced initial steps to reopen the Texas economy this week, including loosening surgery restrictions at medical facilities, allowing all retail stores to provide product pickups and reopening state parks.

Au contraire, I believe nationwide you will see more Republican voters than even Gawd has ever seen.

Forum List

Back