This Is A Program I Won't Be Watching

Okay, I'm not racist but Annie is a white little girl with red hair. This isn't about race anymore, it's about trying to appease to everybody. It's not like this little girl can't get other acting jobs for being black. She's young Nala from The Lion King show and color doesn't matter there. Yeah, I realize that I might be called a bigot for this, but this role wasn't written for her. What's next a male or a transgender Annie? Give me a break! :rolleyes:

They already did a black Annie movie in 2014. Are they so hard up they need to remake remakes now?

They already did a black Annie movie in 2014. Are they so hard up they need to remake remakes now?
Thanks, I forgot about that remake 2014. I guess a lot of others did also. Some performers do a role or a song so well it belongs to them and anyone else doing it just won't measure up. Its like having some one male or female doing the song ''The First Time I ever saw your face'' by Roberta Flack. No other persons version will measure up because her version is perfection.

Thanks, I forgot about that remake 2014. I guess a lot of others did also. Some performers do a role or a song so well it belongs to them and anyone else doing it just won't measure up. Its like having some one male or female doing the song ''The First Time I ever saw your face'' by Roberta Flack. No other persons version will measure up because her version is perfection.
Kind of like all of the other remakes they have done. Does anyone really remember the remake of Dirty Dancing or The Net? No…because they were horrible. I didn’t even bother watching Annie, but I remember seeing the previews while at the theatre to see something else. Didn’t look that great.

I stopped watching TV for the same reasons many years ago. I found I can watch what I want, when I want, for free, online. So I got rid of my tv and my cable. I got a bigger monitor/flat screen and internet. Been doing that for about 20 years now, or more. Have never regretted my decision.

I've watched very few new shows, as they turn my stomach. I usually watch shows I grew up with or shows that aren't filled with sex, drugs, racism, and murder.
Broadcast TV has been turned to pure shit. Most, if not all, new shows seem to be made for a black audience. And they can have them. It makes it feel like we're living in some fucking African shithole.

Even commercials are nearly all filled with black actors. I now hit the mute button and do other things until I'm sure all of the ads have ended.

I also watch some older movies and westerns. Thank Gawd some bright white guys invented DVDs, tapes and so on. The new shows are all crap.

Okay, I'm not racist but Annie is a white little girl with red hair. This isn't about race anymore, it's about trying to appease to everybody. It's not like this little girl can't get other acting jobs for being black. She's young Nala from The Lion King show and color doesn't matter there. Yeah, I realize that I might be called a bigot for this, but this role wasn't written for her. What's next a male or a transgender Annie? Give me a break! :rolleyes:

I don't really mind if they portray characters in different races. That is call creative license. That doesn't really bother me.

What does bother me is when people try to creat a race issue when there is not one. There is nothing on earth pisses me off more than that.

If anyone wants to see the claws come out, start throwing around the race issue when there is not one. That's when I really go hard. If I am going to be accused of it, I'm gonna get my pound of flesh.

Every show on Apple TV has a male gay couple and a female gay couple.
They are creating a false 35-65% representation rate and cramming it into a hole built for 2% of the population.

It is also become a contest between writers to see who can out woke all the others, to the point where to entire story plot is subdued into a mere subplot supporting the general woke theme. The entertainment value is completely distroyed.

Lmao!!!

"Not that I'm racist but I'm.not gonna watch this because they made the lead a black person."

Of course that's not racist. I bet you even have a black friend.
Were blacks racist when they complained about not getting enough parts on tv and movies?

Libs adopted that cause with gusto and now 12% of the population represents at least 50% of the color in advertising

Yes white people are being scripted out of pop culture and its not healthy for America

Were blacks racist when they complained about not getting enough parts on tv and movies?

Libs adopted that cause with gusto and now 12% of the population represents at least 50% of the color in advertising

Yes white people are being scripted out of pop culture and its not healthy for America
Pop culture follows the demographic..hence 'Pop'. the demographic is skewing younger and darker...thus so is entertainment and advertising.
Many here choose to see a nefarious cultural or political agenda, when what is really responsible is money, as always. What sells is what is seen.

To put it in the terms of today..older white people are not trending well, these days. Shrinking market, ya know?
I think that choosing to use this fact to bolster a white victimhood mentality....is a fool's game.

They are creating a false 35-65% representation rate and cramming it into a hole built for 2% of the population.

It is also become a contest between writers to see who can out woke all the others, to the point where to entire story plot is subdued into a mere subplot supporting the general woke theme. The entertainment value is completely distroyed.
That's NCIS Hawaii. Only a vehicle for woke propaganda. No wonder stations like Me, Cozi and Decades are so popular.

Pop culture follows the demographic..hence 'Pop'. the demographic is skewing younger and darker...thus so is entertainment and advertising.
Many here choose to see a nefarious cultural or political agenda, when what is really responsible is money, as always. What sells is what is seen.

To put it in the terms of today..older white people are not trending well, these days. Shrinking market, ya know?
I think that choosing to use this fact to bolster a white victimhood mentality....is a fool's game.
Not in this case. Media is trying to manipulate the culture. It's remaking the culture into what it wants it to be. There is no clamoring among preschoolers to have transgendered teletubbies.

They're doing the same with "The Wonder Years"...

I'm more than willing to experiment with the race, the sexual orientation, and the hotness of Annie...

View attachment 542865
This is what Aileen Quinn, who played Annie in 1982, looks like grown up.

1632409471208.png

So America, for no particular reason, decided that white was out, and all black or mixed race couples are in?

I dont think do

That required years of lib brainwashing
Well, I choose to call it Cultural progress--a moving out of the dark ages, where economic unfairness and a color based tier system ensured an advantage for one group..at the expense of all the others. Now you think that it's just so unfair...seemingly not getting it--the poignant irony in your stance~
You know..and I do think you know...that your world-view is in the minority. For many of us..the appeal of tribalism has waned. Right now people ARE going overboard..as some go to great lengths to over-correct--or at least make few bux. Most people are not in that category--they're just living life.

Well, I choose to call it Cultural progress--a moving out of the dark ages, where economic unfairness and a color based tier system ensured an advantage for one group..
If blacks were now represented at 13% the same as their population you could call that progress

But what we have is a counter revolution

Forum List

Back