Think im getting too old for massive bathroom remodels.

These jobs were typically years long. Guaranteed money flow even through winter which sucks
But gov jobs, are still relatively “commercial”. Res jobs even when they pay wil have customers, or their wives adding, or changing shit up, that fucks up scheduling I have planned six months out; because trophy McFake tits decided she wants this now because of her friends, or some shit she saw on HGTV…

Started a new bathroom yesterday. Holy hell I feel like the walking dead after 2 days on a demolition hammer.
View attachment 792714View attachment 792715View attachment 792716View attachment 792717View attachment 792718View attachment 792719View attachment 792720View attachment 792721View attachment 792722View attachment 792723
They set the damn tub in 6 inches of concrete instead of a proper mud bed.
The headers are all wrong.
The tile on the wall is ⅝" porcelain and the 10' walls are solid concrete over the studs floor to ceiling.
The shower pan is set in 2 layers of concrete instead of proper floor mud.
The fucking columns are solid stone and have ZERO fucking support under the tub deck which is also 2" of concrete so I can't rip out the rest of the tub deck till I Jerry Rig some temporary support.

The worst part is this is a regular customers personal home so I don't wanna jack the price for fear of losing the 3 flips a year I do for them. And they flip ¾ million on up houses.
I did upcharge to rip out the headers so I can put in one solid one all the way across.

I'm physically DEAD
Aleve and booze. Your liver will be dead.

No, I mean like pneumatics and big electric floor scrappers for tile
See

20230608_084604.jpg

Your career is very intriguing!!
You should be very proud
I absolutely love my job and most of my customers are amazing people. But it is starting to have an impact on my body. Tough days (demo etc) I have hip pain. Days where I spend a lot of time on my knees (under floor plumbing, pouring & finishing concrete & tile/stone setting) my feet get incredibly sore/cramped from being knelt on. Gotta get back to my steel toed shoes for better support but they're so fucking uncomfortable

I absolutely love my job and most of my customers are amazing people. But it is starting to have an impact on my body. Tough days (demo etc) I have hip pain. Days where I spend a lot of time on my knees (under floor plumbing, pouring & finishing concrete & tile/stone setting) my feet get incredibly sore/cramped from being knelt on. Gotta get back to my steel toed shoes for better support but they're so fucking uncomfortable

Last month , I opened a cabinet drawer
And it broke off !!
Had zero clue how to fix it ?
Damn S is like 4 Dimension chess!!
Something broke off !!

Had to call out an expert lol
Cost hundreds .

Still scared to open any drawers

God damn life is complex

Last month , I opened a cabinet drawer
And it broke off !!
Had zero clue how to fix it ?