Zone1 There really is no such thing as " My body ....my choice ".....

Technically speaking there really is no such thing as “ my body …my choice “ it’s nothing more than a fantasy, a day dream to make people believe that they are actually totally independent….which is another misconception ( no pun intended but hey).

Gravity says you have no choice…doubt what I say? Jump off of a high roof and test it out. Can you choose to boycott oxygen? I mean after all that evil gas is the reason why we produce so much Co2…why don’t you refuse to take in any Oxygen? It’s a worthy cause right? It’s my body and I say NO MORE OXYGEN! It’s my choice!!

Can you choose to defecate on your neighbor’s lawn? Sure you can….but can you do it with Impunity? After all it’s your body no? So have at it and try that line on the police officers that show up. Soooo…..what is this “My Choice” stuff? Does it apply to vaccines? Does it apply to abortions?

When does the option to choose become an issue? We have the argument that a fetus is not a person but there is no person alive today who was not first a fetus… yeah maybe Michelle Obama…not sure but she’s just different. So the actual and intrinsic truth here is that you cannot have a person without a fetus and I maintain that the reverse is also therefore true…you cannot have a fetus without also having a person.

So yeah….I guess that’s the big argument here. But to me it’s pretty clear. Can anyone think of any examples of anything at all as complicated as the human genome outside of the human body? I doubt it. That complete set of instructions embodied in the fetus is unique just like every finger print is unique.

So to the women who decide to ignore the fact that a life is in the womb and not just a chunk of fancy looking meat I say that you are ignorant of the greater social aspects of who you are and where you came from and what your moral and ethical obligations are.

I probably have some reservations about forcing a rape victim to give birth but that would be a totally different issue…more for the legal pages than here.
I also understand the termination of a pregnancy where the fetus has been determined to be fatally deficient and totally incapable of life outside the womb.
But for the idiot females who get pregnant just to have an abortion for the sake of it.

You deserve the death penalty IMO.

JO
You analogies are poor at best.

People can choose whether they live or die we call that suicide
You are trying to equate involuntary processes like breathing with behavior we can control
You are trying to equate external forces like gravity with behavior we can control

And FYI every single living thing on this planet has DNA

If the fetus is her body then it should be her DNA. it’s not.
Where did I mention any fetus?

And why wouldn't the woman have control over what's inside her body that is basically a parasite and can pose a danger to her health?

“My body, my choice” has always been irrelevant to abortion, your kid’s body is not your body nor is your kid your property. I thought we established this with one civil war and the 13th Amendment but it’s clear the Democrats need a repeat asskicking to get the point.

And of course, with their vaccine mandate nonsense, they made it clear they could not care less about “BoDiLy AuToNoMy.”

And why wouldn't the woman have control over what's inside her body that is basically a parasite and can pose a danger to her health?
Disgusting hatemongering and ignorant of scientific fact. This is dehumanizing language at odds with scientific reality, like the bigots who have compared black folks to more primitive primates or Jews to rats.

Mammalian embryology is not parasitism. The Homo sapiens and the other Homo sapiens are the same species.

The kid poses no danger and can take no actions. They are helpless and resting exactly where their parents put them. Any danger of pregnancy is self-inflicted and consented to when the sex was consented to.

Why would you drive to work when it could cause accidents that can kill you?

Naturally, women are built to give birth. Statistically there’s nothing bad or wrong about it besides the extremely tough symptoms. Of course, and I hope I’m wrong, but I’m assuming you’ll sprint to the ultra rare occurrences that hold no statistical significance.

Meanwhile, the definition of what is considered a human being is philosophical and biological question, and we as humans we ought to have the moral obligation to protect the lives of the most vulnerable from extermination.

Disgusting hatemongering and ignorant of scientific fact. This is dehumanizing language at odds with scientific reality, like the bigots who have compared black folks to more primitive primates or Jews to rats.

Mammalian embryology is not parasitism. The Homo sapiens and the other Homo sapiens are the same species.

The kid poses no danger and can take no actions. They are helpless and resting exactly where their parents put them. Any danger of pregnancy is self-inflicted and consented to when the sex was consented to.
The US maternal mortality rate in 2020 was 24 per 100000 live births

That's higher than the murder rate

So yes pregnancy itself poses mortal risk to a woman.

And why can't a woman decide if her own body will support the body of another?

Why would you drive to work when it could cause accidents that can kill you?

Naturally, women are built to give birth. Statistically there’s nothing bad or wrong about it besides the extremely tough symptoms. Of course, and I hope I’m wrong, but I’m assuming you’ll sprint to the ultra rare occurrences that hold no statistical significance.

Meanwhile, the definition of what is considered a human being is philosophical and biological question, and we as humans we ought to have the moral obligation to protect the lives of the most vulnerable from extermination.
I don't use words like "bad" or "wrong" as they are subjective.

But even in this day and age the maternal mortality rate as defined by the CDC is not insignificant so childbirth does pose risks to a woman.

Meanwhile, when do these "zealots" shut down abortion clinics? Does it happen often?

You don't realize that in many, many states now there are often fewer than a handful of remaining abortion clinics open?

You should watch the news more.

That's not how biology works, an odd thing to say. Care to elaborate?
PRECISELY.

You make my point.

Thanks.

QED.

The US maternal mortality rate in 2020 was 24 per 100000 live births

Irrelevant and doesn’t address your scientifically false statement, which stands corrected and needs to be retracted.
So yes pregnancy itself poses mortal risk to a woman.
Absurd histrionics and hyperbole. Moreover, irrelevant even if true - as the risk was consented to when the sex was consented to.

And why can't a woman decide if her own body will support the body of another?
The time to decide that would be before doing the thing that makes kids. If you make kids, take care of your kids, and don’t be a deadbeat, let alone a monster.

Absurd histrionics and hyperbole.

Not really. It's a known fact. Giving birth, while quite common, has historically been rather dangerous for the woman. Yes, modern med makes it safER but it's still a danger.

Moreover, irrelevant even if true - as the risk was consented to when the sex was consented to.

I think we now know what your pillow talk is like...

The time to decide that would be before doing the thing that makes kids.

When you have created perfect humans who don't make stupid decisions, then by all means feel free to impose whatever rules you like and expect them to be adhered to.

Real world solutions often have to take into account how many people will make IMPERFECT decisions.

If you make kids, take care of your kids, and don’t be a deadbeat, let alone a monster.

Then before we start dealing with ABORTION let us go after, hammer and tongs, those men who abandon their children every single day. Let us throw THEM in prison, make THEM pay using the full force and power of the US government.

Then before we start dealing with ABORTION let us go after, hammer and tongs, those men who abandon their children every single day. Let us throw THEM in prison, make THEM pay using the full force and power of the US government.
Amazing you haven’t heard of court ordered child support.

Please crawl out from under a rock and read about it.

Forum List

Back