Zone1 There really is no such thing as " My body ....my choice ".....

justoffal

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2013
Technically speaking there really is no such thing as “ my body …my choice “ it’s nothing more than a fantasy, a day dream to make people believe that they are actually totally independent….which is another misconception ( no pun intended but hey).

Gravity says you have no choice…doubt what I say? Jump off of a high roof and test it out. Can you choose to boycott oxygen? I mean after all that evil gas is the reason why we produce so much Co2…why don’t you refuse to take in any Oxygen? It’s a worthy cause right? It’s my body and I say NO MORE OXYGEN! It’s my choice!!

Can you choose to defecate on your neighbor’s lawn? Sure you can….but can you do it with Impunity? After all it’s your body no? So have at it and try that line on the police officers that show up. Soooo…..what is this “My Choice” stuff? Does it apply to vaccines? Does it apply to abortions?

When does the option to choose become an issue? We have the argument that a fetus is not a person but there is no person alive today who was not first a fetus… yeah maybe Michelle Obama…not sure but she’s just different. So the actual and intrinsic truth here is that you cannot have a person without a fetus and I maintain that the reverse is also therefore true…you cannot have a fetus without also having a person.

So yeah….I guess that’s the big argument here. But to me it’s pretty clear. Can anyone think of any examples of anything at all as complicated as the human genome outside of the human body? I doubt it. That complete set of instructions embodied in the fetus is unique just like every finger print is unique.

So to the women who decide to ignore the fact that a life is in the womb and not just a chunk of fancy looking meat I say that you are ignorant of the greater social aspects of who you are and where you came from and what your moral and ethical obligations are.

I probably have some reservations about forcing a rape victim to give birth but that would be a totally different issue…more for the legal pages than here.
I also understand the termination of a pregnancy where the fetus has been determined to be fatally deficient and totally incapable of life outside the womb.
But for the idiot females who get pregnant just to have an abortion for the sake of it.

You deserve the death penalty IMO.

JO

Plan B should be selling like hotcakes. . There would be no surprise pregnancies. Win win win. Imagine if every unintended pregnancy never happened. Noore abortions and no unwanted kids. A perfect scenario.

Technically speaking there really is no such thing as “ my body …my choice “ it’s nothing more than a fantasy, a day dream to make people believe that they are actually totally independent….which is another misconception ( no pun intended but hey).

Gravity says you have no choice…doubt what I say? Jump off of a high roof and test it out. Can you choose to boycott oxygen? I mean after all that evil gas is the reason why we produce so much Co2…why don’t you refuse to take in any Oxygen? It’s a worthy cause right? It’s my body and I say NO MORE OXYGEN! It’s my choice!!

Can you choose to defecate on your neighbor’s lawn? Sure you can….but can you do it with Impunity? After all it’s your body no? So have at it and try that line on the police officers that show up. Soooo…..what is this “My Choice” stuff? Does it apply to vaccines? Does it apply to abortions?

When does the option to choose become an issue? We have the argument that a fetus is not a person but there is no person alive today who was not first a fetus… yeah maybe Michelle Obama…not sure but she’s just different. So the actual and intrinsic truth here is that you cannot have a person without a fetus and I maintain that the reverse is also therefore true…you cannot have a fetus without also having a person.

So yeah….I guess that’s the big argument here. But to me it’s pretty clear. Can anyone think of any examples of anything at all as complicated as the human genome outside of the human body? I doubt it. That complete set of instructions embodied in the fetus is unique just like every finger print is unique.

So to the women who decide to ignore the fact that a life is in the womb and not just a chunk of fancy looking meat I say that you are ignorant of the greater social aspects of who you are and where you came from and what your moral and ethical obligations are.

I probably have some reservations about forcing a rape victim to give birth but that would be a totally different issue…more for the legal pages than here.
I also understand the termination of a pregnancy where the fetus has been determined to be fatally deficient and totally incapable of life outside the womb.
But for the idiot females who get pregnant just to have an abortion for the sake of it.

JO
"
I also understand the termination of a pregnancy where the fetus has been determined to be fatally deficient and totally incapable of life outside the womb." So you're Pro-Abortion. Good for you.

JO

"
I also understand the termination of a pregnancy where the fetus has been determined to be fatally deficient and totally incapable of life outside the womb." So you're Pro-Abortion. Good for you.

How can forcing a proven rape victim to carry out the pregnancy be justified?

I don’t support birth control, but I won’t try to force govt and non-believers to conform to it. Women have massive resources and options to not get pregnant.

Meanwhile, “My body my choice” is fine, but the fetus isn’t the woman’s body, it has its own DNA, so the fetus would say “My Body, my right to life”

My body my choice exists for the vaccines, but not abortion under normal circumstances. Since it isn't the woman's body at all as many have pointed out before.

JO

LOLOL!!!

:auiqs.jpg:

Plan B should be selling like hotcakes. . There would be no surprise pregnancies. Win win win. Imagine if every unintended pregnancy never happened. Noore abortions and no unwanted kids. A perfect scenario.
No such thing as surprise pregnancy. All pregnancies first require copulation. That’s where the choice lies.

No such thing as surprise pregnancy. All pregnancies first require copulation. That’s where the choice lies.

Yeah, it's like how can you have sex and be surprised like you didn't know that a baby was a consequence when older school children know this? :confused-84:

How do you justify the killing of a baby?

Will the abortion magically make that rape go away?

True, as I believe in adoption not abortion, but that's a whole different issue than just aborting the baby just because you don't want it,.. as in murder. Along with life threatening situations even though if it were my life or my child's, I'd choose my child's in a heartbeat.

I guess then force the birth and then take the kid and put it into foster care. Good enough.

Or put him or her up for adoption.

JO
But if the government establishes emergency public safety measures in the middle of a deadly pandemic, like requiring everyone to wear a mask in public venues and in crowded areas, that's automatically a violation of your bodily sovereignty, forcing you to wear a mask on your face when you don't want to? The irony.

Forcing women to remain pregnant is OK, even if they lose their jobs, don't have access to healthcare..etc, have to suffer the pains of pregnancy for nine months, all of that is irrelevant to you, but if the government makes you wear a mask in public in the middle of a nationwide, deadly pandemic, you and other conservatives go bonkers.

Yes, you and I at a certain stage in our existence, were single-celled life, then zygotes, then embryos, then an early, undeveloped, fetus, yes yes indeed. We were infants, toddlers, young children, adolescents, young adults, adults, middle-aged..etc. Yes yes yes, that's true. Nonetheless, before I became a "me" or "I", or possessed sentience, personality, identity, and awareness, what existed wasn't actually me. It was the precursor to me, the cause of me, but not me. Got it? A potential me is not me. The woman that conceived the zygote, the embryo, and the fetus, was the actual human being and person, not the zygote, embryo or fetus that eventually became me. My mother had the prerogative not to allow what preceded and caused me, to actualize itself in her body, at her expense. She had sovereignty over the situation, including her body. She chose to allow what preceded me biologically to actualize me. To develop and become a human being, born from her body.

It's up to the woman to decide that, she's the actual human being and member of society, with the human rights and freedom to choose what to do with her pregnancy. especially early in gestation. No one should force women to remain pregnant, if we have the medical technology to eliminate her pregnancy and eliminate the prenatal development and birth of unwanted human beings.

Last edited:
But if the government establishes emergency public safety measures in the middle of a deadly pandemic, like requiring everyone to wear a mask in public venues and in crowded areas, that's automatically a violation of your bodily sovereignty, forcing you to wear a mask on your face when you don't want to? The irony.

Forcing women to remain pregnant is OK, even if they lose their jobs, don't have access to healthcare..etc, have to suffer the pains of pregnancy for nine months, all of that is irrelevant to you, but if the government makes you wear a mask in public in the middle of a nationwide, deadly pandemic, you and other conservatives go bonkers.

Yes, you and I at a certain stage in our existence, were single-celled life, then zygotes, then embryos, then an early, undeveloped, fetus, yes yes indeed. We were infants, toddlers, young children, adolescents, young adults, adults, middle-aged..etc. Yes yes yes, that's true. Nonetheless, before I became a "me" or "I", or possessed sentience, personality, identity, and awareness, what existed wasn't actually me. It was the precursor to me, the cause of me, but not me. Got it? A potential me is not me. The woman that conceived the zygote, the embryo, and the fetus, was the actual human being and person, not the zygote, embryo or fetus that eventually became me. My mother had the prerogative not to allow what preceded and caused me, to actualize itself in her body, at her expense. She had sovereignty over the situation, including her body. She chose to allow what preceded me biologically to actualize me. To develop and become a human being, born from her body.

It's up to the woman to decide that, she's the actual human being and member of society, with the human rights and freedom to choose what to do with her pregnancy. especially early in gestation. No one should force women to remain pregnant, if we have the medical technology to eliminate her pregnancy and eliminate the prenatal development and birth of unwanted human beings.
Who forced her to become pregnant? Or is that not a convenient question?

Forum List

Back