Zone1 There is a punishment (we hope not an eternal one) for not listening to Christ's Church

Catholics say that no one can be saved outside the Church.
No. Catholics do not say that. In fact, Catholics don't often use the word "saved".

Catholics note that God has an everlasting covenant with Jews. Catholics note that non-Catholic Christians remain members of the Body of Christ, but note their understanding of Catholicism is incomplete. As Bishop Sheen said,

“There are not one hundred people in the United States who hate The Catholic Church, but there are millions who hate what they wrongly perceive the Catholic Church to be.”​

NomadicS, you are not helping with that wrong perception.

Non-Catholic Christians often put their faith in "Saved" meaning they believe, so over and done.

Catholics believe that that the rift between God and mankind has been bridged, through Christ we have been redeemed and the Way of Salvation (the narrow way) has been opened. By the Grace of God, we are now prompted by the Spirit of God to discern the will of God and to follow it, always in obedience to God, turning towards God and away from sin.

Non-Catholic Christians seem to view this as "working one's way to heaven", whereas Catholics see it as sanctifying/purifying the soul/spirit so that we can indeed be the best version of ourselves that God intended and calls us to become. This is why Catholics value the Sacrament of Reconciliation (Confession) because we often miss doing 'best' and hear out loud Christ's words of assurance: Your sins are forgiven. Go and sin no more.

Non-Catholic Christians insist they do not need to hear these words, and what they do wrong is a private matter between them and God, and unlike Catholics, do not believe their sins also affect their community. Therefore, they do not need to hear the community forgiving them either.

there can only be one right answer to the question.
True

Does everyone know what the right answer is?

would it do any good for some schmuck like me to say what the answer is, when no one listens to schmucks? aka Catholics?

No. Catholics do not say that. In fact, Catholics don't often use the word "saved".

Catholics note that God has an everlasting covenant with Jews. Catholics note that non-Catholic Christians remain members of the Body of Christ, but note their understanding of Catholicism is incomplete. As Bishop Sheen said,

“There are not one hundred people in the United States who hate The Catholic Church, but there are millions who hate what they wrongly perceive the Catholic Church to be.”​

NomadicS, you are not helping with that wrong perception.

I have read this far... may read the rest later but likely will forget because I am forgetful, overwhelmed, etc...

In a way both of us are correct. It is just another of those seemingly complicated issues that cannot be resolved to many people's satisfaction due to all the horrible divisions in the body of Christ.

But the canonized saints (I don't speak of those "canonized" after 1958) always taught that there is no salvation outside the Church. Someone, not sure whether canonized? made the point that God is capable (and we all agree) of saving someone who is ignorant of the Church or not in 100% communion therewith. But if that person is saved, he or she is still saved through the auspices of CHRIST's CHURCH---the (true) Catholic Church (NOT the one in the Vatican, which ceased being truly Catholic 65 years ago)

True

would it do any good for some schmuck like me to say what the answer is, when no one listens to schmucks? aka Catholics?

I think the person with the right answer should just post it online and then everyone would know. That would be helpful.

True

So you think YOU have the right answer?

What if you're wrong?

Or can you not even contemplate that in your arrogance?

Cultists desperately trying to show they are not Gullibles . But they are .

So if you are practicing the wrong religion what happens ?
Jesus said---Enter through the narrow gate( a single religion) for cramped is the road that leads off into life, FEW are the ones finding it. For MANY ( mislead) have entered the broad and spacious path that leads off into destruction.

Jesus said---Enter through the narrow gate( a single religion) for cramped is the road that leads off into life, FEW are the ones finding it. For MANY ( mislead) have entered the broad and spacious path that leads off into destruction.

And what if your religion is the wrong religion?

Most religious people are too arrogant to think they might be wrong.

If the right salesman comes along we are all vulnerable of being convinced. None of us are safe from our own gullibility.
I always said Jesus was the single most successful venture capitalist that ever lived.

He pitched an idea 2000 years ago and people still give billions of dollars of their money to buy it.

And what if your religion is the wrong religion?

Most religious people are too arrogant to think they might be wrong.
I have studied religions, and i have studied Jesus carefully, i have studied true God worship history-The results= The teachings of Jesus in every translation on earth and true God worship history back the JW religion all the way.

I have studied religions, and i have studied Jesus carefully, i have studied true God worship history-The results= The teachings of Jesus in every translation on earth and true God worship history back the JW religion all the way.
That doesn't guarantee you are practicing the correct religion.

But then again Christians , Jews and Muslims all think they are worshipping the same god but it's plain to see that they don't,

Religions are created by humans not gods. If there were really only one god and only one way to worship that one god I would think that one god would have made it very clear on the things it required to appease its ego.

Last edited:
That doesn't guarantee you are practicing the correct religion.

But then again Christians , Jews and Muslims all think they are worshipping the same god but it's plain to see that they don't,

Religions are created by humans not gods. If there were really only one god and only one way to worship that one god I would think that one god would have made it very clear on the things it required to appease its ego.
He did make it clear--Dogmas have it twisted. Altered bible versions back the twisted dogmas.

No. Catholics do not say that.

No, you are wrong. True Catholics believed and taught this... until 1958 when the Vatican was taken over by anti-Christs (and even after 1958 because His Church survived the loss of the Vatican).

You should not be following such persons who violently take over the Vatican

Saints and popes have taught extra ecclessia nulla salus for centuries

No, you are wrong. True Catholics believed and taught this... until 1958 when the Vatican was taken over by anti-Christs (and even after 1958 because His Church survived the loss of the Vatican).

You should not be following such persons who violently take over the Vatican

Saints and popes have taught extra ecclessia nulla salus for centuries
Jesus was NEVER with Catholicism-They are this-2Thess 2:3-Theson of destruction( peredition)= the foretold great apostasy( includes all the trinity religions) who are her branches.

He did make it clear--Dogmas have it twisted. Altered bible versions back the twisted dogmas.
humans wrote all the religious texts for the religions they created so there is no correct one anyway.

Forum List

Back