The Wokesters have a hold of the Presbyterian church

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
Oh, aren't they just so virtuous?! :puke:

Presbyterians agree to divest from fossil fuel companies

The Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) has opted to pull investments from five energy corporations, joining other faith-based groups in targeting fossil-fuel companies over what they say are failures to address climate change.

The denomination’s General Assembly, meeting online, voted overwhelmingly this week for a resolution targeting Chevron, ExxonMobil, Marathon Petroleum, Phillips 66, and Valero Energy for divestment.

Presbyterian officials have in recent years sought to persuade several fossil fuel companies to take steps to reduce greenhouse gases. The resolution said these efforts “did not produce enough substantial change or movement” by the five corporations now targeted for divestment.

Well we methodist have been woker awhile I suppose but the conservatives still like to rig the conference by counting dead members to be able to rig the doctrine the same way they do the GOP caucuses. Ebb. Flow.

Because God isn't invested in fossil fuels. So if the church body leans in one direction it's no business of ours. ONLY that church.

Do you care? Please explain why this matters to you.

It doesn't matter to me, I think they're just trying to grab a headline with their virtue signaling. IMO they'll be hypocrites unless each member that agrees with this decision disassociates themselves from the use of fossil fuel. Yeah, that's not going to happen.

My wife's involved in the United Methodist church. They're going through the same BS with the wokesters in the church. They want to embrace social justice, same sex marriage, interfaith dialog and all that other stuff but the conservative half of the members don't want to go that way. The two sides have been negotiating but the liberal side ended up with the better part of the deal. Now if the more conservative churches divest themselves, they leave with nothing. That, in spite of the fact that the wokesters are going against the UMC Book of Discipline.

My wife's involved in the United Methodist church. They're going through the same BS with the wokesters in the church. They want to embrace social justice, same sex marriage, interfaith dialog and all that other stuff but the conservative half of the members don't want to go that way. The two sides have been negotiating but the liberal side ended up with the better part of the deal. Now if the more conservative churches divest themselves, they leave with nothing. That, in spite of the fact that the wokesters are going against the UMC Book of Discipline.

If I'm a member of a church and they start doing shit like this, I would simply leave.

"Liberal Protestantism, in its determined policy of accommodation with the secular world, has succeeded in making itself dispensable." That was the judgment of Thomas C. Reeves in The Empty Church: The Suicide of Liberal Protestantism, published in 1996. Fast-forward another fourteen years and it becomes increasingly clear that liberal Protestantism continues its suicide -- with even greater theological accommodations to the secular worldview.

If I'm a member of a church and they start doing shit like this, I would simply leave.

I've told her that before. She has a lot of time and effort invested in that one church. I don't, so it would be easy for me to tell them to fuckoff.

wj0agbd776a91.jpg

The Protestant churches have been sick for a long time. The sickness started when Martin Luther said he could commit adultery 1000 times and still be justified. The sickness started when King Henry VIII started his own Protestant church so he could give himself a divorce. The sickness continued when King James of the King James Bible executed Catholic priests for celebrating Mass.

The Protestant churches have been sick for a long time. The sickness started when Martin Luther said he could commit adultery 1000 times and still be justified. The sickness started when King Henry VIII started his own Protestant church so he could give himself a divorce. The sickness continued when King James of the King James Bible executed Catholic priests for celebrating Mass.

When did Martin Luther say that?

Forum List

Back