Is this a way we don't have to do what Biden wants..."I guarantee We Are Going To Get Rid of Fossil Fuels” and won't cost us $8T for the cost of EVs?

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
"I want you to look into my eyes, I guarantee We Are Going To Get Rid of Fossil Fuels” September 06, 2019, 5:49 PM

So according to the fact below jet contrails
FACTS: What has greater contribution to climate change than than fossil fuel emissions?
A study that looked at aviation's contribution to climate change between 2000 and 2018 concluded that contrails create 57% of the sector's warming impact, significantly more than the CO2 emissions from burning fuel. They do so by trapping heat that would otherwise be released into space.
“We could, in theory, solve this problem for aviation within one or two years,” he says. “80 or 90% is coming from only maybe five to 10% of all flights,” says Durant. “Simply redirecting a small proportion of flights can actually save the majority of the contrail climate impact.”
Jan 12, 2023 https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/contrails-aviation-climate-change-satavia-scn-spc-intl/index.html
So how much CO2 emissions comes from burning fuel?
FACT Fossil fuel combustion (burning) for energy accounted for 73% of total U.S. GHG emissions and for 92% of total U.S. anthropogenic CO2 emissions.
So if reducing at most 10% of all flights causing contrails would reduce the total amount of CO2 impact on global warming which is the prime objective for ridding fossil fuels....

Screen Shot 2023-03-06 at 4.25.57 PM 1.png

The only thing he seems ready to "end" is the US.

Biden is right

The days of fossil fuels are numbered
Not just here but around the world

By the way... how much of the MSM did stories on the effect contrails have on global warming?
I frankly hadn't considered it one day until I saw in the sky which was CLEAR in the morning having at least 6 contrails that slowly broke up and looked like clouds! I then did a google search on Contrails and was amazed to find these facts:
A study that looked at aviation's contribution to climate change between 2000 and 2018 concluded that contrails create 57% of the sector's warming impact, significantly more than the CO2 emissions from burning fuel. They do so by trapping heat that would otherwise be released into space.Jan 12, 2023 https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/contrails-aviation-climate-change-satavia-scn-spc-intl/index.html

So in writing this comment I did another google search on the word "contrails"

The warming effect of contrails is more than half the total climate impact of aircraft. If you take the contrails that are in the atmosphere today, the warming effect of them is more than all the CO2 that has been emitted by aircraft since the dawn of flight

Clouds created by aircraft have a bigger impact than the emissions they emit​

Clouds formed from aviation are high up (10km up in the troposphere), and are very cold,
making them good at stopping heat leaving the Earth and keeping it warm.

So an even deeper question is why are the MSM blaming fossil fuels for all the global warming and not mentioning the simple fix that changing just 10% of the flights would reduce dramatically the contrail emissions.

“80 or 90% is coming from only maybe five to 10% of all flights,” says Durant. “Simply redirecting a small proportion of flights can actually save the majority of the contrail climate impact.”
Jan 12, 2023 https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/contrails-aviation-climate-change-satavia-scn-spc-intl/index.html

"I want you to look into my eyes, I guarantee We Are Going To Get Rid of Fossil Fuels” September 06, 2019, 5:49 PM

So according to the fact below jet contrails
FACTS: What has greater contribution to climate change than than fossil fuel emissions?
A study that looked at aviation's contribution to climate change between 2000 and 2018 concluded that contrails create 57% of the sector's warming impact, significantly more than the CO2 emissions from burning fuel. They do so by trapping heat that would otherwise be released into space.
“We could, in theory, solve this problem for aviation within one or two years,” he says. “80 or 90% is coming from only maybe five to 10% of all flights,” says Durant. “Simply redirecting a small proportion of flights can actually save the majority of the contrail climate impact.”
So how much CO2 emissions comes from burning fuel?
FACT Fossil fuel combustion (burning) for energy accounted for 73% of total U.S. GHG emissions and for 92% of total U.S. anthropogenic CO2 emissions.
So if reducing at most 10% of all flights causing contrails would reduce the total amount of CO2 impact on global warming which is the prime objective for ridding fossil fuels....

View attachment 763171

Resistance is futile.

Forum List

Back