The war drums against your Social Security and Medicare benefits are faint but real.

Ray9

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2016
Fifty years ago, when a lot of people I knew were drinking beer by the case, smoking weed every day, putting powder up their noses like tomorrow would never come, and inhaling Big Macs like oxygen, I was that guy running ten miles a day. I was a dues-paying member of the Steel Workers Union for twenty years and then went to work for local industry for another thirty. In those days US companies offered pensions as a lure for worker loyalty and I earned pensions from the Steel Workers as well as the non-unionized company I worked for.

Oddly, the local company I joined assigned a person to train me that was peddling cocaine right out of the back of his car in the parking lot and the top management of the company were his biggest customers. I needed the job and was raising a family, so I rolled with it. By the way, most of the users and sellers of the fairy dust are long dead. I retired a few years ago with my pensions and Social Security benefits which are quite generous since I toiled for decades at fifty hours a week. The result of my personal health choice puts me in an uncomfortable position. My mind still works clearly, and I can see that Congress is going to target people in my age group as expensive, worthless eaters.

Congress is not made up of a citizen government as the founders intended. It is composed of elite, insular, and elevated leadership that regards you and I as write offs to keep themselves rich. They are banking on the fact that you and I are too old, too weak, too alcoholic, and too drug-addled, to fight back against a government that has failed the country in ways too numerous to count. The war drums against us are faint but real. Sen Ron Johnson, a Republican, is floating the idea that Social Security and Medicare should be moved to discretionary spending which means that they could say “let them eat cake” as we are ushered into nursing homes to swallow our faces intubated on tubes and needles.

After Congress presided over the theft of our last election, they now need money to pay for things like the bad choices of others to borrow money to go to college indoctrination centers. If you allow this to stand, blame yourself.

Last edited:
I can't figure out how to edit the header. Never mind, it got magically fixed.

Last edited:
Fifty years ago, when a lot of people I knew were drinking beer by the case, smoking weed every day, putting powder up their noses like tomorrow would never come, and inhaling Big Macs like oxygen, I was that guy running ten miles a day. I was a dues-paying member of the Steel Workers Union for twenty years and then went to work for local industry for another thirty. In those days US companies offered pensions as a lure for worker loyalty and I earned pensions from the Steel Workers as well as the non-unionized company I worked for.

Oddly, the local company I joined assigned a person to train me that was peddling cocaine right out of the back of his car in the parking lot and the top management of the company were his biggest customers. I needed the job as and was raising a family, so I rolled with it. By the way, most of the users and sellers of the fairy dust are long dead. I retired a few years ago with my pensions and Social Security benefits which are quite generous since I toiled for decades at fifty hours a week. The result of my personal health choice puts me in an uncomfortable position. My mind still works clearly, and I can see that Congress is going to target people in my age group as expensive, worthless eaters.

Congress is not made up of a citizen government as the founders intended. It is composed of elite, insular, and elevated leadership that regards you and I as write offs to keep themselves rich. They are banking on the fact that you and I are too old, too weak, too alcoholic, and too drug-addled, to fight back against a government that has failed the country in ways too numerous to count. The war drums against us are faint but real. Sen Ron Johnson, a Republican, is floating the idea that Social Security and Medicare should be moved to discretionary spending which means that they could say “let them eat cake” as we are ushered into nursing homes to swallow our faces intubated on tubes and needles.

After Congress presided over the theft of our last election, they now need money to pay for things like the bad choices of others to borrow money to go to college indoctrination centers. If you allow this to stand, blame yourself.

Political suicide.

NOT going to happen.

Oddly, the local company I joined assigned a person to train me that was peddling cocaine right out of the back of his car in the parking lot and the top management of the company were his biggest customers. I needed the job and was raising a family, so I rolled with it. By the way, most of the users and sellers of the fairy dust are long dead. I retired a few years ago with my pensions and Social Security benefits which are quite generous since I toiled for decades at fifty hours a week. The result of my personal health choice puts me in an uncomfortable position. My mind still works clearly, and I can see that Congress is going to target people in my age group as expensive, worthless eaters.

So what are you going to do about it?

I can't figure out how to edit the header.
What would you change the title to? It looks okay to me.

I agree that the Feds need to make SS & Medicare more secure.
Currently Medicare will be bankrupt in 2026 unless it is fixed.

SS wil be insolvent in 2034 paying only 70% of promised benefits unless fixed.

Dumb old Joe has long opposed SS, just don’t tell democrats. He does greatly support the MIC and corporate welfare.

I have always worked under the assumption social security will not be there when I retire. While my better half just puts in the amount toward her 401K that gets her the match and then invests in the lowest risk (and returns) funds she can find, I have been doing max contributions to mine for about a decade. Of course I will drop dead a week after I retire LOL so it should work out well for the family. I also carry $1.5M-ish in life insurances with an extra $1M for accidental death, so if I don't make it, the money will still be there. Have our funeral plots and vaults already paid for although cremation is perfectly fine for me too. Basically, I am set either way to the extent we can be.

Sometime in the the 1990's we all got called to a big company meeting where it was announced that the the pension program was ending. I am an old steelworker and a longtime factory technition not a corporate lawyer, but I cannot understand how hundreds that were hired with the promise of a standard pension were denied those pensions. The promised pensions were a contract. How did they get around that?

I and some others got gradfathered into the pension program, but many were handed a 401k that is linked to the stock market. How did they get away with that?

Might as well add Rick Scott.

Social Security in the US is NOT on any chopping block. You can see this most clearly as every time Democrats are going to or LOSE an election they say the same thing....it's a scare tactic and frankly quite disgusting. Your biggest enemy to your lifestyle is inflation, but you can thank Nixon for giving you a buffer. (Automatic increases in line with inflation).

(PS; this is obvious from even over here).

Greg

I'm not saying every democrat, but a few democrats want to tax every roll of toilet paper $2.00.

SS is SOLVENT .

I'm not saying every democrat, but a few democrats want to tax every roll of toilet paper $2.00.

Proposed federal sales tax of 30% by the GOP…..cosponsored by 23 gop congressmen.

You want to fk up the economy GOP ?

SS is SOLVENT .
LIAR.
The SS Trustees are calling you a liar too.
The last 11 Trustees Reports have indicated that Social Security's Old-Age, Survivors, and Disability Insurance (OASDI) Trust Fund reserves would become depleted between 2033 and 2035 under the intermediate set of assumptions provided in each report.

Proposed federal sales tax of 30% by the GOP…..cosponsored by 23 gop congressmen.

You want to fk up the economy GOP ?
We're on the same side on this one. The stupid bastards wonder why they lose elections to brain damaged democrats.

LIAR.
The SS Trustees are calling you a liar too.
The last 11 Trustees Reports have indicated that Social Security's Old-Age, Survivors, and Disability Insurance (OASDI) Trust Fund reserves would become depleted between 2033 and 2035 under the intermediate set of assumptions provided in each report.
You are a dip shit. You don’t know the difference between IS NOW and 10 years from now. You’re a fraud.

We're on the same side on this one. The stupid bastards wonder why they lose elections to brain damaged democrats.
And yet, you still have your head up their ass. Why is that, ear muffs not warm enough ?

Forum List

Back