The uncertainty of Trump's situation

yiostheoy

Gold Member
Jun 27, 2016
Today (8/3/2016) there was a lot of commentary on the various news shows particularly on Charley Rose on PBS that the uncertainty of Trump's situation makes it impossible to know if there IS or IS NOT a hidden groundswell in favor of Trump lingering out across the Country. These would be disenfranchised former voters who have stopped voting in 2008 and 2012 as well as many voters who have never voted. In the meantime the GOP is taking a huge chance with Trump and stands to lose senators, representatives, and governors in the races to come in November if they guess wrong.

This two edged sword that cuts both ways for the GOP is unprecedented, although for the GOP Goldwater was in a similar circumstance, as was Mondale for the DEM's. In each of their cases disaster struck in spades.

There is some thought that only Trump's kids might be able to persuade him to drop out of the race, which was mentioned by some commentators on Charlie Rose. However the dilemma is that Trump cannot do that because it is uncertain whether he IS or IS NOT on the verge of as big a victory as everyone now expects his defeat to be after his four day feud with the Gold Star Family of the Khans.

You cannot make this up. If a screenwriter had dreamed this up no producer would ever have believed it to be practical or feasible or marketable as a serious drama.

Right now across the board as well as in most of the swing states, Hillary's approval ratings are approaching 50% while Trump's are under 40%. That is at least a 10 point swing and it overrides any statistical errors.

So it is really hard to know what to do, for Trump, for his kids, for the GOP leadership, and of course for the traditional GOP voters. Trump will sink or swim on nontraditional voters' backs who vote GOP this time.

So at this point in the campaigns with less than 100 days to go, no certainty is possible yet, although I would not call the race for POTUS close either.

So what should Trump do? He is caught in a quandary.

The debates are next. Maybe depending on the ratings after the debates we can all get a better idea?

I hope the looming disaster for Trump does not drive him over the edge and permanently destroy him psychologically. So far he has been able to overcome many setbacks in business but this perfect storm of accumulating strength might be the tsunami that simply wipes him out. It is unprecedented in our history that one man's ego has driven him this far alone out on a limb with no net.

Not only is he out on the limb, he is sawing it off behind him.

5148cb55fad94ca6f0573ec22dc6c3b5.jpg

I hope the looming disaster for Trump does not drive him over the edge and permanently destroy him psychologically. So far he has been able to overcome many setbacks in business but this perfect storm of accumulating strength might be the tsunami that simply wipes him out. It is unprecedented in our history that one man's ego has driven him this far alone out on a limb with no net.
Actually Trump is starting to remind me of Howard Hughes a lot.

And Hughes eventually went wacko too.

I hope Trump's kids watch over him carefully and take care of him.

Then again I doubt he will listen to them either. He holds the keys to their inheritances and he can fire them too, anytime he wants too. They are as much held hostage by him as the GOP is.

His own ego is out of control now.

Last edited:
"hidden groundswell in favor of Trump"

hahaha
Well the common wisdom is that there is none (groundswell for Trump).

But the uncommon circumspection views that there may indeed be.

We just do not know.

Hillary however has been taking off in the polls and is now about 10 percentage points ahead.

And that is more than sampling error can account for.

But we just don't know.

So even though he is far behind and getting further behind, Trump really cannot quit now even if it ruins him financially.

Forum List

Back