The u.s. Economy/October 2014

to say the economy didn't recover from a recession is dishonest, to say the economy isn't stagnant is also dishonest.

I am confused as to Exactly what is the Truth here. the stock market is Fucking CRAZY High while All Around me.. I see people struggling and Hurting.

I am confused as to Exactly what is the Truth here. the stock market is Fucking CRAZY High while All Around me.. I see people struggling and Hurting.
The one percent own 50 percent of the stocks. The top one percent have seen a robust recovery. The rest have not.

We're being killed by inflation and leveraged debt. If China or Japan call in their notes, we're fucked. Really, the only economic indicator that hits home with the average American, is buying power. What was your income 6 years ago? What is your income today? Has your income kept up with inflation? Does your dollar today buy as much as your dollar did 6 years ago? There's the real measure of the economy.

There is no broad consumer price inflation.

Plus with interest rates so low, investors had to go somewhere besides bonds.

Plus QE.
Plus ZIRP.

Massive carry trades and stocks are about all you can do to make any money these days. It is all artificial as it gets, which is what makes it so terrifying. One jolt, and the whole thing crashes. And this time it will all be Too Big To Save.

Plus with interest rates so low, investors had to go somewhere besides bonds.

Plus QE.
Plus ZIRP.

Massive carry trades and stocks are about all you can do to make any money these days. It is all artificial as it gets, which is what makes it so terrifying. One jolt, and the whole thing crashes. And this time it will all be Too Big To Save.

IMHO we're Fucked.

to say the economy didn't recover from a recession is dishonest, to say the economy isn't stagnant is also dishonest.

The economy is growing about 3% a year, which is decent and not stagnant.

However, aggregate growth over the past 5 years hasn't been great enough to absorb excess capacity in labor markets.

true, poor word choice on my part.

We're now getting over 250k new jobs a month as were needed for full recovery. It's amazing what happens when Pubs cut with the phony crises and total disfunction. If they would allow some investment, there are millions of tech jobs going begging and 30 years of fading infrastructure to be worked on. There will be plenty of jobs, especially when voodoo tax rates and policies are changed so the nonrich have money to spend....

We just have to avoid another GOP administration and another corrupt bubble/bust...

We're now getting over 250k new jobs a month as were needed for full recovery. It's amazing what happens when Pubs cut with the phony crises and total disfunction. If they would allow some investment, there are millions of tech jobs going begging and 30 years of fading infrastructure to be worked on. There will be plenty of jobs, especially when voodoo tax rates and policies are changed so the nonrich have money to spend....

We just have to avoid another GOP administration and another corrupt bubble/bust...

No, 250K is not a component of a full recovery, we need significantly more to reach cruising speed.

I realize you have to put the best face on the number because the President has a (D) after his name, but this has been tepid at best.

I do wonder where all those shovel-ready jobs went to.

No, 250K is not a component of a full recovery, we need significantly more to reach cruising speed.

I realize you have to put the best face on the number because the President has a (D) after his name, but this has been tepid at best.

I do wonder where all those shovel-ready jobs went to.

Shoveling BS is OBunga's #1 Job! :lol:

Forum List

Back