The Thread of Extremes

ChemEngineer

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2019
There are so many examples of extremes that we can explore and share them in a very long, ongoing thread.
The other day, I was having after tennis rolls with my friends as we do every morning and the subject of Minnesota came up.
It is the Land of 10,000 Lakes.
I flew over Canada years ago and was amazed to see so very many lakes shimmering below me. Certain that there were many more than
just 10,000, I hazarded a guess much larger than that. Then I looked it up on Bing.com

I offer $20 to any honest person who doesn't look it up and writes down here the answer plus or minus 10%.
No cheating. Only look it up after you have written down your answer.

My next post on Extremes will be the Most Profound Question and the Stupidest Question you can possibly ask, in your humble opinion. But first, answer the above and try to win $20.

Cat in the Hat.jpg

Nine views so far and not one of you has offered up a guess as to the number of Canada's lakes, for a quick twenty.
You can win but you can't lose. I mean, except for looking kind of dumb when the answer is posted. Except for that.
But everybody is dumb when you learn what the correct number is. I certainly was. It's amazing.

Lefties are always crowing at how smart they are. Why hasn't one of them popped off a brilliant guess, hmmmm? (ho ho ho)

Nine views so far and not one of you has offered up a guess as to the number of Canada's lakes, for a quick twenty.
You can win but you can't lose. I mean, except for looking kind of dumb when the answer is posted. Except for that.
But everybody is dumb when you learn what the correct number is. I certainly was. It's amazing.

Lefties are always crowing at how smart they are. Why hasn't one of them popped off a brilliant guess, hmmmm? (ho ho ho)

do you mean that the MAGAts all answered it correctly considering there are Zero correct answers so far. Wow, and you say someone else is stupid.

About 14,000 in MN (I live here)...but no idea how many in canada.

I went fishing deep in canada once...flew in on a plane that landed on water to an island full of cabins (showwalters). The lake was endless with many many islands! It was a blast!

I'm guessing and saw the 25000 estimate who said not even CLOSE, but I always thought somewhere in the vicinity of a million.

I won't look it up.

Greg

Over thirty-five views and a million is a good guess, but the number of lakes in Canada is 8,780,000.

This is more lakes than in all the other countries combined. THAT is extreme.

Forum List

Back