The Terrible Truth About Cannabis:...20-year Study...demolishes Claims That Smoking Pot Is Harmless

hmm my older brother got hooked on weed when he ws about 14 and was never the same again. caused him to be extremely paranoid especialy later in life. constantly accused people of saying things they didnt, thought people were plotting against him, thought there were bugs in the walls, we ended up fighting battles over nothing. It was definatley the marijuana in his case. It was like night and day once he started smoking it, but at the time I didnt realize what it was. I basicaly lost my brother over that shit. I know other people who smoke it and have no problems, but the potential is there for a chemical imbalance
are you saying people are plotting against him? the whole point of this life is to plot against one another and enslave them so you can sit on the beach or penthouse of life. isn't it? I know. I'm paranoid from smoking.

Wait you think second hand THC will cause debilitating anxiety issues? You are more likely to get cancer from second hand tobacco then any anxiety issues from second hand cannabis.

And yes maybe I do come across as angry, that might be because i haven't smoked in 4 months. Wife is pregnant and if she can't smoke then I can't either.

No worries....I'm 67 and saw the beginning of it with white kids. I tried it and sometimes I liked it and sometimes I didn't. The shit we were smoking was nowhere near the potency of what's around today. When I was sent to Vietnam I saw guys smoking the local weed and Thai sticks....that doesn't work out in indian country....we considered it unprofessional and dangerous out on patrol. A lot of draftees got their asses killed due to slow reflexes, bad judgement, and paranoia due to the weed. I didn't drink there either....nothing that would dull my reaction time. I got home alive and that was due in part to that. On the bird home I drank a quart of whisky between the RVN and Okinawa.

I can't wait until all the assholes have died and pot becomes legal.
Do you think pot users have the right to inject THC into others's bodies. That's what happens when they smoke in the presence of other people. Do people have the right to put cyanide in your Tylenol? What if they insisted that it would cause no harm to you and that your apprehension is just a result of ignorant propaganda?
you are just a tad paranoid....

Get ready folks, in the coming years you're going to be smelling the stink of pot everywhere.

Where I live after several years of medical marijuana being legal, you walk down just about any street, and the stink will eventually rear it's ugly head.
medical pot has been here longer than where you are but yet its not that way here.....why is that?....

Did he look like this?

I always get a kick out of potheads using the Refer Madness movie as part of their arguments for legalizing !
Can't you come up with something new for gods sake ?

hey i have been in pot threads with you before DD....you say a lot of the same shit too...so do a lot of people....the reason these threads dont seem to solve anything....

Get ready folks, in the coming years you're going to be smelling the stink of pot everywhere.

Where I live after several years of medical marijuana being legal, you walk down just about any street, and the stink will eventually rear it's ugly head.
medical pot has been here longer than where you are but yet its not that way here.....why is that?....

The government is doing all it can to outlaw tobacco smoke, but the government seems fine with marijuana smoke.

Could it be tobacco does not warp the mind but marijuana does, and the government prefers people with warped minds?

In the authoritarian mind, the best thing about pot being illegal is that the drug dog can always be commanded to pretend it detects pot, thus giving the government a reason to search. And the nice officer can always pretend that the fragments of the lawn you tracked in on your shoes were really marijuana fragments, which gives him justification to confiscate and keep your car. Plus, if they're really against you, they can simply drop that little baggie into your car. It's a statist's dream, giving overwhelming power to the government.

The worst of marijuana is that so many people think it is harmless and give it to their children, or at least allow their children to have it. Long term use results in psychosis or schizophrenia. But people think it's harmless.
yea sure they do Katz.....i knew lots of people who smoked pot and had kids and did not do it anywhere around their kids or anyone elses....once again....talk about the far and few in between.......

The government is doing all it can to outlaw tobacco smoke, but the government seems fine with marijuana smoke.

Could it be tobacco does not warp the mind but marijuana does, and the government prefers people with warped minds?
and that has what to do with what i said?.....

As a conservative I hate the republican stance on weed.

Let the Government stay out of my life, I don't need them to tell me what i can and cannot put into my body, talk about big brother at its most basic level.

The only thing this war on drugs leads to is higher prison rates and wasted money.

Let america smoke it up. anyone who wants to smoke, already does. It's not like legalizing it going to cause a dramatic increase in cannabis consumption. All it will do is hurt the black market, lower prison populations, and create additional tax revenue.
That's sure not the way it's worked in my state. Medical pot is legal in my state, and over the last several years little by little you smell it everywhere now. There's no doubt that it is being used much more now as compared to when it was illegal.

where did the bill cosby crap go again? I love that uncle tom who got rich off his playing the "ignorant dum nigga" for years being laughed at because he played a role against his so called black brothers and now he wants to save them from themselves after getting rich mocking himself and his people. he doesn't realize the damage he's already done to their image and pride over the years as he raked in the dough doing so. typical hypocrite.

Let the Government stay out of my life, I don't need them to tell me what i can and cannot put into my body, talk about big brother at its most basic level.

The only thing this war on drugs leads to is higher prison rates and wasted money.

Let america smoke it up. anyone who wants to smoke, already does. It's not like legalizing it going to cause a dramatic increase in cannabis consumption. All it will do is hurt the black market, lower prison populations, and create additional tax revenue.
That's sure not the way it's worked in my state. Medical pot is legal in my state, and over the last several years little by little you smell it everywhere now. There's no doubt that it is being used much more now as compared to when it was illegal.

How you arrived at that conclusion from what you typed amazes me. How can you say there is no doubt its being used more if you didnt know how much it was used in the first place? You do realized that making it legal allowed people to do it in the open and thats why you smell it more right?

Are there really people out there who think pot is going to ruin America?

Or...are there just people out there who think opposing the legalization of pot is the "conservative" thing to do?

And turn us into FRANCE. Nobody needs another excuse not to get off their ass and do something. This nation was built on brains and endurance. Reefer destroys both.....the only drug worth anything is caffeine. :coffee:

Probably one of the most driven individuals and prolific songwriters, Sir Paul McCartney, is a well known smoker of cannabis.......everyone is different, most aren't bothered at all from the casual use of it. I smoked daily for 35 years, taking breaks whenever I felt a need to qualify for drug tests when applying for jobs. I quit 7 years ago to get a job that I am subject to drug tests at all times, I haven't touched it since. When I made the decision to go to work at this company I stopped immediately without any problems.......no withdrawal, no mental or physical problems. I do drink wine more often than I did before and smoke a small cigar most days but all of the bullshit mentioned in this "study" ......no.....none of it is true for me or anyone else I have known that smoked pot. I was self employed for many years producing course guides for golf courses. I would typically spend 12 hours a day in a golf cart drawing intricate plan views of golf holes, measure layups and carry yardages and take photographs that would go into the books we would produce...... I smoked a few hits whenever I wanted to to maintain my level of concentration on the job at hand...... It gave me a clarity and interest that I wouldn't have had without it. I also drank plenty of coffee and listened to jazz or talk radio while I did my job. The illustrators that used the information I provided to illustrate the golf holes, without ever seeing them, fought over the reference material I provided over others that did the same job.
Every person is different, doses are different, quality of the pot is different, maturity levels are different....... those of you that claim to have no vices surely do other things that are equally obnoxious or dangerous. Driving down the rode, I see ridiculous amounts of addicts everyday. They claim they can handle it, drive while using it and never abuse it and yet I see them and they are at least as dangerous as alcohol users and much more dangerous than a person smoking pot......cell phone addicts are awful and should be banned from operating a motor vehicle while under their influence.

Israeli researchers have been studying cannabis for over 50 years. Unlike most pharmaceuticals, it's benefits FAR exceed its' risks. You can die from drinking too much water (water intoxication et al.) even the OP article conceeds you can't overdose from cannabis.

What risk or fate could be worse than psychosis or schizophrenia?

Israeli researchers have been studying cannabis for over 50 years. Unlike most pharmaceuticals, it's benefits FAR exceed its' risks. You can die from drinking too much water (water intoxication et al.) even the OP article conceeds you can't overdose from cannabis.

What risk or fate could be worse than psychosis or schizophrenia?
and how often does that happen?
Are there really people out there who think pot is going to ruin America?

Or...are there just people out there who think opposing the legalization of pot is the "conservative" thing to do?
yes....Katz.....just ask her.....

Forum List

Back