The Terrible Truth About Cannabis:...20-year Study...demolishes Claims That Smoking Pot Is Harmless

Legalize, regulate, and tax ALL drugs.

I propose

Background checks and 7 day waiting lists before you can purchase.
Taxes so high that basically no one can afford to purchase
If you purchase, use, or sell drugs you must register with the government
NO open carry of drugs

Lets start there
With these restrictions the drug dealers on the street would still be in business.
Of course you are being sarcastic towards the anti gun people.

Background check and waiting period to look for what? Drug offense or trafficking convictions?

Am for total legalization, but not waiting periods. :)

Can die on the spot drinking too much liquor, by comparison, few recreational drugs are that lethal yet we have ready booze availability everywhere, advertizing on tv (note you can ad booze on tv, but not smoking which you can't die from from regular use,) and the wonderful pharm companies drugs spend half their ad-time detailing all the harmful side effects, more often than not, including fatal ones.

But ya, it's cannabis that's bad.

The conundrum with drugs...there's a strong connection between mental illness and drug use..but does the drug use cause the mental illness, or do people self medicate because they're mentally ill?

A little of both, probably.

Everything in moderation. If your use causes any problems, you should cut back. If you choose not to, you have a problem.

How many die every year in just the US from alcohol-related causes including alcohol ingestion itself, drunk driving, alcohol-related addicition and illnesses? Tens or hundreds of thousands.

How many die from cannabis? None. Zero. Zilch.

Cannabis is a clear and present danger only to pharmaceutical companies and the for-profit medical system.

Also, that we allow, encourage, and glamourize alcohol when it causes aggressive behaviour, violence, and no end of problems (which benefits the government, the for-profit prison industry ensuring a steady flow of expensive to incarcerate and house residents, and law enforcement and the courts, while demonizing, banning, and waging a pointless 'war on drugs' on cannabis who makes people mellow, passive, and peaceful is equally telling.

Alocohol's a money-maker for social control groups. Cannabis is a money-looser for these groups. Don't need as many prisons or police if everyone's at home watching Spongebob stoned out of their minds. :)

I live in Potland...the hippies out here want to mow down the forests, and replace them with marijuana grows.

Insane.

How many die every year in just the US from alcohol-related causes including alcohol ingestion itself, drunk driving, alcohol-related addicition and illnesses? Tens or hundreds of thousands.

How many die from cannabis? None. Zero. Zilch.

Cannabis is a clear and present danger only to pharmaceutical companies and the for-profit medical system.

Also, that we allow, encourage, and glamourize alcohol when it causes aggressive behaviour, violence, and no end of problems (which benefits the government, the for-profit prison industry ensuring a steady flow of expensive to incarcerate and house residents, and law enforcement and the courts, while demonizing, banning, and waging a pointless 'war on drugs' on cannabis who makes people mellow, passive, and peaceful is equally telling.

Alocohol's a money-maker for social control groups. Cannabis is a money-looser for these groups. Don't need as many prisons or police if everyone's at home watching Spongebob stoned out of their minds. :)

Relax and light up a doob. To each his own.

Get ready folks, in the coming years you're going to be smelling the stink of pot everywhere.

Where I live after several years of medical marijuana being legal, you walk down just about any street, and the stink will eventually rear it's ugly head.
You mean it should be illegal because it stinks?

It would be if up to me, but since this sick fuck of a society we now live in, it's going to eventually be legal everywhere. Once it is, you're going to smelling the stink everywhere, and you're going to be dealing with smoke.

It would be if up to me, but since this sick fuck of a society we now live in, it's going to eventually be legal everywhere. Once it is, you're going to smelling the stink everywhere, and you're going to be dealing with smoke.

Hopefully people will vaporize it instead of smoking it. That way it's almost completely safe and won't smell much.

I'll go for the edibles. Zero health risks.

hmm my older brother got hooked on weed when he ws about 14 and was never the same again. caused him to be extremely paranoid especialy later in life. constantly accused people of saying things they didnt, thought people were plotting against him, thought there were bugs in the walls, we ended up fighting battles over nothing. It was definatley the marijuana in his case. It was like night and day once he started smoking it, but at the time I didnt realize what it was. I basicaly lost my brother over that shit. I know other people who smoke it and have no problems, but the potential is there for a chemical imbalance
And the potential is equally real for those who are allergic to bee-stings to die if they are stung. And if you ever see someone carried out of a Chinese restaurant it's probably because that person is allergic to MSG. And on and on.

I used marijuana on a fairly regular basis during the 1970s when it was decriminalized in New York City. So did my wife and so did a number of our friends, which included responsible professionals. When Ronald Reagan made it a serious crime in 1982 we chose to quit rather then endure the problems and potential consequences of the insane war on drugs.

I can report from personal experience that while marijuana might be psychologically addictive for those who manifest addictive personality syndrome it has no such effect on ordinary individuals.

I believe in freedom and liberty. You should be free to make poor choices such as drink yourself to death, smoke pot until you can't function, kill yourself any way you want to, etc.

Keep the government out of my life as much as possible.

hmm my older brother got hooked on weed when he ws about 14 and was never the same again. caused him to be extremely paranoid especialy later in life. constantly accused people of saying things they didnt, thought people were plotting against him, thought there were bugs in the walls, we ended up fighting battles over nothing. It was definatley the marijuana in his case. It was like night and day once he started smoking it, but at the time I didnt realize what it was. I basicaly lost my brother over that shit. I know other people who smoke it and have no problems, but the potential is there for a chemical imbalance
And the potential is equally real for those who are allergic to bee-stings to die if they are stung. And if you ever see someone carried out of a Chinese restaurant it's probably because that person is allergic to MSG. And on and on.

I used marijuana on a fairly regular basis during the 1970s when it was decriminalized in New York City. So did my wife and so did a number of our friends, which included responsible professionals. When Ronald Reagan made it a serious crime in 1982 we chose to quit rather then endure the problems and potential consequences of the insane war on drugs.

I can report from personal experience that while marijuana might be psychologically addictive for those who manifest addictive personality syndrome it has no such effect on ordinary individuals.

Very true. I smoked a ton of pot, snorted a mountain of cocaine, and drank gallons upon gallons of alcohol and dropped them all to nothing, except occasional drinks, many years ago. True story.

• One in six teenagers who regularly smoke the drug become dependent
  • It doubles risk of developing psychotic disorders, including schizophrenia
  • Heavy use in adolescence appears to impair intellectual development
  • Driving after smoking cannabis doubles risk of having a car crash
  • Study's author said: 'If cannabis is not addictive then neither is heroin'
I don't know about the "one in six" hyperbole, but it is true that using marijuana -- or any other intoxicant, especially including alcohol, will impair the intellectual development of adolescents.

I'm also not convinced about the risk of car crash being doubled. But being high on marijuana will detract from one's ability to drive safely. The principal effect of marijuana is tranquil relaxation, which is not advisable when driving in heavy traffic. Maximum alertness is.

But the author's statement that cannabis is as addictive as heroin reflects ignorance bordering on stupidity. If marijuana were at all addictive the streets of America would be flooded with nodding junkies.

First, I don't use grass and have never used any "illegal drugs."

But, as far as I'm concerned, if someone wants to poison themselves - go right ahead!

A personal story --> my parents and their friends were in show business during the '20s, '30s, and '40s. Back then, most of the big stars used everything from grass, to coke, to heroin. It was not unusual to toke up before a gig and then to come down afterwards.

My dad drank like a fish and smoke 2 to 3 packs of cigarette per day. In the end, he barely knew where he was and died of lung disease. {My mom was killed in an airplane crash while still somewhat young}

My uncle told me many, many stories about those days and it seemed all musicians, actors/actresses, and artists used the stuff - most claiming it was for inspiration.

If history is an example - it certainly worked as some great music and films came from those years.

I also lost a brother to reefer.....turned him into a lazy bum without ethics....living off anybody who'd keep a roof over his head....when confronted he'd give you the silent treatment for months on end. Lost another brother to the bottle but at least he supported himself. I've tried both, neither did me any good. Now clean and sober for several years, I need ginkgo biloba to keep my memory functioning.
blush_zpseea8b0c2.png

I can't wait until all the assholes have died and pot becomes legal.
Do you think pot users have the right to inject THC into others's bodies. That's what happens when they smoke in the presence of other people. Do people have the right to put cyanide in your Tylenol? What if they insisted that it would cause no harm to you and that your apprehension is just a result of ignorant propaganda?
You would really be having to breath in a lot of smoke to have THC injected into your body. Just do not stand close to people smoking marijuana. This is easy enough because it is not legal most places and is not smoked in public.
Unfortunately most users have become emboldened by the legalization and many people see it as an acknowledgment that it is safe. It's not safe for everyone and I refuse to be held hostage by ignorance. When a pot smoker is severely injured as a result of self defense maybe some eyes will be opened.

Forum List

Back