The Stone Cold Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.
"It was never the case that a white asset-based middle class simply emerged. Rather, it was government policy, and to some extent literal government giveaways, that provided whites the finance, education, land and infrastructure to accumulate and pass down wealth."

Here’s why black families have struggled for decades to gain wealth

Let me continue with the stone cold truth

Remembering Mary Turner

In May of 1918, Hampton Smith, a 31 year old White plantation owner in Brooks County, Georgia was shot and killed by one of his Black workers named Sydney Johnson. Hampton Smith was known for abusing and beating his workers to the point few people in the area would work for him. To solve this labor shortage, Smith turned to the debt peonage system of the day and found a ready labor pool. He used that system by bailing people out of jail, people typically arrested for petty offenses, and having them work off their debt (the bail money) to him on his plantation. Nineteen year old Sydney Johnson, arrested for "rolling dice" and fined thirty dollars, was one such unfortunate person.

After a few days of work on Smith's plantation, and shortly after being refused his earned wages and beaten by Smith for not working while he was sick, Sidney Johnson shot and killed Hampton Smith. What ensued after the shooting was a mob driven manhunt for Johnson and others thought to be involved in his decision to kill Hampton Smith. That manhunt lasted for more than a week and resulted in the deaths of at least 13 people with some historical accounts suggesting a higher number of persons killed. One of the people killed was a woman named Mary Turner.

Thirty three year-old Mary Turner (m.n. Hattie Graham), 8 months pregnant at the time and whose husband had been killed in this "lynching rampage" on Sunday, May 19th, publicly objected to her husband's murder. She also had the audacity to threaten to swear out warrants for those responsible. Those "unwise remarks," as the area papers put it, enraged locals. Consequently, Mary Turner fled for her life only to be caught and taken to a place called Folsom's Bridge on the Brooks and Lowndes Counties' shared border. To punish her, at Folsom's Bridge the mob tied Mary Turner by her ankles, hung her upside down from a tree, poured gasoline on her and burned off her clothes. One member of the mob then cut her stomach open and her unborn child dropped to the ground where it was reportedly stomped on and crushed by a member of the mob. Her body was then riddled with gunfire from the mob. Later that night she and her baby were buried ten feet away from where they were murdered. The makeshift grave was marked with only a "whiskey bottle" with a "cigar" stuffed in its neck.

Remembering Mary Turner

Please do not lie about the long history of white violence.

After slavery ended: Whites went on a killing spree, then the SCOTUS effectively killed the 13th, 14th and 15th amendments. Blacks had no legal protection from white terrorism occurring in the south. After the brutal murder of Turner and her unborn child, blacks decided to leave the south because they heard that a black person could get a job, make decent money and be able to afford nice things.

Blacks actually believed whites would let them move away.

1.5 million blacks moved north and as whites started watching blacks leave, they had to find some way to stop it. And so they started.

Whites used violence to force blacks from their property via the terrorism of whitecapping, where blacks were literally run out of town and their possessions stolen.

Peonage-debt slavery put on black sharecroppers in the form of the company store. White landowners cheated blacks out of money and if they complained, they could be lynched.

Blacks trying to leave were denied the ability to board trains heading north and in some places a black person holding a train ticket was a crime. Labor recruiters from the north were charged huge fees if they wanted to purchase recruiting licenses. So in short, black were denied the right to move and to equally participate in the capitalist system.

And this did not just apply to the south.

Last edited:
You state that Jensen was NOT going to give the white student points for being white.

But the basis of White Privilege is that assumption that a White Jensen WILL give the white students points for being white.

You are turning Jensen's words into something irrelevant to his piece and your premise here focuses on something totally absent from Jensen's commentary. Please stop your Dem tactics.

Jensen did not create this scholarship to give the White student any points. As in, points that the White student clearly has already --thanks to his White privilege.

Jensen did not create this scholarship to give the White student any points. He created it to, explain, the points which White Privilege has gifted the student's American life with.

Now, please stop making stuff up. And please do not reply back until you've decided to discuss what is actually there and not what you have imagined about Jensen's words.

You state that Jensen was NOT going to give the white student points for being white.

But the basis of White Privilege is that assumption that a White Jensen WILL give the white students points for being white.

You are turning Jensen's words into something irrelevant to his piece and your premise here focuses on something totally absent from Jensen's commentary. Please stop your Dem tactics.

I am judging Jensen's words, by his actions, and how they contradict his words.

He is not giving the white student special treatment or consideration because they share white skin.

His actions refute his words.

He is not giving the white student special treatment or consideration because they share white skin.

Stop, just making up stuff.

You are turning Jensen's words into something irrelevant to his piece and your premise here focuses on something totally absent from Jensen's commentary.
Jensen did not create this scholarship to give the White student any points. As in, points that the White student clearly has already --thanks to his White privilege. Jensen created it to, explain, the points which White Privilege has gifted the student's American life with.

You are turning Jensen's words into something irrelevant to his piece and your premise here focuses on something totally absent from Jensen's commentary.
Jensen did not create this scholarship to give the White student any points. As in, points that the White student clearly has already --thanks to his White privilege. Jensen created it to, explain, the points which White Privilege has gifted the student's American life with.

And in doing so he is not giving the white student any special consideration based on their shared white skin.

Thus, refuting his conclusion with his own actions.

And in doing so he is not giving the white student any special consideration based on their shared white skin.

Please, stop just making up stuff.

Please, stop just making up stuff.

Of course Jensen did not "create this scholarship to give the White Student any points".

Why would he even want to do that? Because of their shared white skin? MMMMMM?

Instead he "created this scholarship" to scourge the White Student, despite their shared white skin.

It must be exhausting for you, to miss my point, when I am so good at making it.

It's now time to look at the cold, hard, graphic reality of what racism by whites has entailed. The information used in this thread will come from the book, "White Rage," by Dr. Carol Anderson.

White Rage: The Unspoken Truth of Our Racial Divide
National Book Critics Circle Award Winner
New York Times Bestseller
A New York Times Notable Book of the Year
A Washington Post Notable Nonfiction Book of the Year
A Boston Globe Best Book of 2016
A Chicago Review of Books Best Nonfiction Book of 2016

From the end of the Civil War to our combustible present, an acclaimed historian reframes the conversation about race, chronicling the powerful forces opposed to black progress in America.

Since 1865 and the passage of the Thirteenth Amendment, every time African Americans have made advances towards full participation in our democracy, white reaction has fueled a deliberate, relentless rollback of their gains. The end of the Civil War and Reconstruction was greeted with the Black Codes and Jim Crow; the Supreme Court’s landmark 1954 Brown v. Board of Education decision was met with the shutting down of public schools throughout the South; the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and Voting Rights Act of 1965 triggered a coded response, the so-called Southern Strategy and the War on Drugs that disenfranchised millions of African Americans.

White Rage — Carol Anderson

Starting with my next post, you will be shown in graphic detail the steps whites took to deprive blacks of equal rights and freedom after slavery ended up until our lifetimes. The root cause of the problems blacks face is white racism. That's a fact and it's time people faced that fact.

973202258-tumblr_nkamg2vYZC1tfx1mao1_1280.jpg
White conservatives opposed to black progress in America – it’s important to acknowledge that fact; not ‘all whites.’

All white conservatives or you just trying to deflect attention from the liberals that opposed black progress in America?

I hate self serving statements with only parts of truth in them.

Of course Jensen did not "create this scholarship to give the White Student any points".
...It must be exhausting for you, to miss my point, when I am so good at making it.

Jensen created this scholarship to, explain, the points which White Privilege has gifted the student's American life with.

Therefore it is exhausting only to, you, as you keep making a point that has nothing to do with Jensen's scholarship. You did something really bizarre here, by making Jensen scholarship into what you wanted it be ---instead of you accepting what Jensen created it as.

That's a lowdown, deceitful tactic which the Dems taught you.

...It must be exhausting for you, to miss my point, when I am so good at making it.

Jensen created this scholarship to, explain, the points which White Privilege has gifted the student's American life with.

Therefore it is exhausting only to, you, as you keep making a point that has nothing to do with Jensen's scholarship. You did something really bizarre here, by making Jensen scholarship into what you wanted it be ---instead of you accepting what Jensen created it as.

That's a lowdown, deceitful tactic which the Dems taught you.

I accept what he did. I am pointing out that he did that, with no special consideration for the White Student in question.

INdeed, he was fairly hostile and dismissive, of the white student, despite their shared white skin.

Thus, with his own actions, disproving the point he was trying to argue.

It's now time to look at the cold, hard, graphic reality of what racism by whites has entailed. The information used in this thread will come from the book, "White Rage," by Dr. Carol Anderson.

From the end of the Civil War to our combustible present, an acclaimed historian reframes the conversation about race, chronicling the powerful forces opposed to black progress in America.

Since 1865 and the passage of the Thirteenth Amendment, every time African Americans have made advances towards full participation in our democracy, white reaction has fueled a deliberate, relentless rollback of their gains. The end of the Civil War and Reconstruction was greeted with the Black Codes and Jim Crow; the Supreme Court’s landmark 1954 Brown v. Board of Education decision was met with the shutting down of public schools throughout the South; the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and Voting Rights Act of 1965 triggered a coded response, the so-called Southern Strategy and the War on Drugs that disenfranchised millions of African Americans.

Starting with my next post, you will be shown in graphic detail the steps whites took to deprive blacks of equal rights and freedom after slavery ended up until our lifetimes. The root cause of the problems blacks face is white racism. That's a fact and it's time people faced that fact.

White conservatives opposed to black progress in America – it’s important to acknowledge that fact; not ‘all whites.’

All white conservatives or you just trying to deflect attention from the liberals that opposed black progress in America?

Ask C. Clayton Jones that question because he's the one who made the comment.

He did. It is odd that you felt the need to reply, without saying anything.

I want to thank you again, though, for finally explaining to white liberals, that their liberalism will not save them from your pay back.

It has been so annoying to talk to these morons, who gloat about what will happen, when we go minority majority, and they say the stupidest shit, as though it is going to be what THEY want, when they will have no say.

It is very brave of you to do so, just as Rockwell is starting his move. I also want to say, that I agree with you, on where he plans to take his argument, eventually.

I assume that you have some plan to take him to task for his agenda, in the light of your admissions on future payback.

I am very much looking forward to seeing it. THe debate promises to be epic.

Best of luck!

I did, that's why it was quoted.

I got it on my alerts.

I got it on my alerts.

Sorry, not my issue. I was asking Jones and his quote was directly above my answer, so take it up with the USMB, not me.

I am pointing out that he did that, with no special consideration for the White Student in question.

You are clueless and lacking cognizance for, reality, since you failed to see that Jensen gave no special consideration to the student because Jensen's focus was to explain why the student already receives more special considerations in life than all other Races of Americans ---thanks to White Privilege.

Then too, I bet your pro-Racist mind thinks it is so, so unfair to not give more special consideration to us Whitefolk who already have more special consideration than all other citizens. Actually, you might be too anti-Equality to ever comprehend the reality which Jensen lays out.

, he was fairly hostile

Where? Which words were hostile and how did you rationalize that they were hostile?

I am pointing out that he did that, with no special consideration for the White Student in question.

You are clueless and lacking cognizance for, reality, since you failed to see that Jensen gave no special consideration to the student because Jensen's focus was to explain why the student already receives more special considerations in life than all other Races of Americans ---thanks to White Privilege.

Then too, I bet your pro-Racist mind thinks it is so, so unfair to not give more special consideration to us Whitefolk who already have more special consideration than all other citizens. Actually, you might be too anti-Equality to ever comprehend the reality which Jensen lays out.

, he was fairly hostile

Where? Which words were hostile and how did you rationalize that they were hostile?

1. The reality the Jensen claims is that the white student receives special considerations. The reality that Jensen DEMONSTRATES, is that the white student, does not receive special consideration.

2. YOur race baiting accusations are noted, as further evidence of what people like you and Jensen think of anyone that does not agree with your positions on race. You are hostile to them, and make up shit in your hate filled heads and then accuse other people of shit you just made up. If you have any power, such as an Admissions officer at an University, you will hold those people accountable for your made up hallucinations.

3. It is also worth noting, that academic studies have demonstrated that people like Jensen, and yourself, do discriminate against white students and in favor of black students, in university admissions.

Now we continue with the stone cold truth.

So after slavery, blacks were being killed by whites with no crimes charged, the SCOTUS basicallt repealed the 13th, 14th and 15th amendments. After a barbaric act by whites, southern blacks felt they had to go north. Southern business and government leaders enacted laws in order to stop free people from going where they could earn a decent living. But even under the threat of jail or death, millions of blacks headed north where they knew they'd be treated right.

Not so fast IM2!

As blacks went north they found that the only difference between a southern white and a northern one was geography. When blacks went north, so did lynchings. They are recorded as race riots, but that's disingenuous considering what happened.

East St. Louis riots

The East St. Louis riots or East St. Louis massacres were a series of outbreaks of labor- and race-related violence by people that caused the deaths of an estimated 40–250 African Americans in late May and early July 1917. Another 6,000 blacks were left homeless,[1] and the rioting and vandalism cost approximately $400,000 ($7,982,000 in 2020) in property damage.[1] The events took place in and near East St. Louis, Illinois, an industrial city on the east bank of the Mississippi River, directly opposite the city of St. Louis, Missouri. The July 1917 episode in particular was marked by white-led violence throughout the city. The riots have been described as the worst case of labor-related violence in 20th-century American history,[2] and among the worst race riots in U.S. history.

East St. Louis riots - Wikipedia

Chicago race riot of 1919

The Chicago race riot of 1919 was a violent racial conflict provoked by white Americans against black Americans that began on the South Side of Chicago, Illinois on July 27, and ended on August 3, 1919.[1][2] During the riot, thirty-eight people died (23 black and 15 white).[3] Over the week, injuries attributed to the episodic confrontations stood at 537, with two-thirds of the injured being black and one-third white, while the approximately 1,000 to 2,000 who lost their homes were mostly black.[4] It is considered the worst of the nearly 25 riots in the United States during the "Red Summer" of 1919, so named because of the racial and labor related violence and fatalities across the nation.[5] The combination of prolonged arson, looting, and murder made it one of the worst race riots in the history of Illinois.[6]

In early 1919, the sociopolitical atmosphere of Chicago around and near its rapidly growing black community was one of ethnic tension caused by competition among new groups, an economic slump, and the social changes engendered by World War I. With the Great Migration, thousands of African Americans from the American South had settled next to neighborhoods of European immigrants on Chicago's South Side, near jobs in the stockyards, meatpacking plants, and industry. Meanwhile, the Irish had been established earlier, and fiercely defended their territory and political power against all newcomers.[7][8] Post-World War I tensions caused inter-community frictions, especially in the competitive labor and housing markets.[9] Overcrowding and increased African American resistance against racism, especially by war veterans contributed to the visible racial frictions.[5] Also, a combination of ethnic gangs and police neglect strained the racial relationships.[9]

The turmoil came to a boil during a summer heat wave with the death of Eugene Williams, an African-American youth who inadvertently drifted into a white swimming area at an informally segregated beach near 29th Street.[10] Tensions between groups arose in a melee that blew up into days of unrest.[5] Black neighbors near white areas were attacked, white gangs went into black neighborhoods, and black workers seeking to get to and from employment were attacked. Meanwhile some blacks organized to resist and protect, and some whites sought to lend aid to blacks, while the police department often turned a blind eye or worse.

Chicago race riot of 1919 - Wikipedia

Race Riot of 1919 in Omaha-The Lynching of Will Brown

The Omaha Race Riot occurred in Omaha, Nebraska, on September 28–29, 1919. The race riot resulted in the brutal lynching of Will Brown, a black worker; the death of two white men; the attempted hanging of themayor Edward Parsons Smith; and a public rampage by thousands of whites who set fire to the Douglas County Courthouse in downtown Omaha. It followed more than 20 race riots that occurred in major industrial cities of the United States during the Red Summer of 1919.

Omaha_courthouse_lynching.jpg

Will Brown is lynched, and his body mutilated and burned by a white crowd.

Race Riot of 1919 in Omaha-The Lynching of Will Brown – Originalpeople.org

Washington, D.C. Race Riot (1919)

The race riot in Washington, D.C. was one of more than twenty that took place during the “Red Summer” of 1919. Lasting a total of only four days, this short-lived riot was more accurately described as a “race war” taking place in the nation’s capital.

On Saturday night, July 19, 1919, in a downtown bar, a group of white veterans sparked a rumor regarding the arrest, questioning, and release of a black man suspected by the Metropolitan Police Department of sexually assaulting a white woman. The victim was also the wife of a Navy man. The rumor traveled throughout the saloons and pool halls of downtown Washington, angering the several soldiers, sailors, and marines taking their weekend liberty, including many veterans of World War I.

Later that Saturday night, a mob of veterans headed toward Southwest D.C. to a predominantly black, poverty-stricken neighborhood with clubs, lead pipes, and pieces of lumber in hand. The veterans brutally beat all African Americans they encountered. African Americans were seized from their cars and from sidewalks and beaten without reason or mercy by white veterans, still in uniform, drawing little to no police attention.

On Sunday, July 20, the violence continued to grow, in part because the seven-hundred-member Metropolitan Police Department failed to intervene. African Americans continued to face brutal beatings in the streets of Washington, at the Center Market on Seventh Street NW, and even in front of the White House.

Washington, D.C. Race Riot (1919) •

These are but 4 of more than twenty "riots" that took place during the “Red Summer” of 1919.

Blacks peacefully moved north in order to get the same thing white Immigrants had and this is just some of what happened. But hey, everybody had it hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back