The single most powerful word you can ever say

Blues Man

Diamond Member
Aug 28, 2016
NO

Yet this 2 letter one syllable word is one of the hardest things for people to say.

People think saying yes is what opens possibilities but it's just the opposite.

When you realize your time and energy (physical and mental) are limited then you see that saying no actually is saying yes to the things you care about the most.

I think the conflict arises because most people haven't defined the things that matter to them the most.

NO

Yet this 2 letter one syllable word is one of the hardest things for people to say.

People think saying yes is what opens possibilities but it's just the opposite.

When you realize your time and energy (physical and mental) are limited then you see that saying no actually is saying yes to the things you care about the most.

I think the conflict arises because most people haven't defined the things that matter to them the most.
I have to be honest, i dont find it hard to say no very often. Its usually super easy. :dunno:

Cun... add the hard T, is another more powerful word than "no". It oftentimes elicits a very powerful, and emotional response from its recipient. Especially if the recipient is a woman.

i go berserk when i hear an asswhole like you use a simple 2 sylable word like that to degrade a child or her family.

Doggy is never going to set the intellectual world alight .

But , however top line offensive that word and his opinion are , never forget

Sticks and stones etc etc

Another reason the word "no" isn't particularly powerful, is that it is easy to renege on, and usually without much stigma, or criticism. While "yes" on the other hand oftentimes is representative of a commitment made. So going back on a "yes" is oftentimes heavily criticized.

Are you suggesting that people would go crazy if he did? Doesnt that prove my point?
Depends on what you think power is doesn't?

If you think power is making people angry then you're right.

If you think power is self control then you are not.

Another reason the word "no" isn't particularly powerful, is that it is easy to renege on, and usually without much stigma, or criticism. While "yes" on the other hand oftentimes is representative of a commitment made. So going back on a "yes" is oftentimes heavily criticized.
So because you are weak the word is not powerful?

Depends on what you think power is doesn't?

If you think power is making people angry then you're right.

If you think power is self control then you are not.
I suppose if you break it down into these nuanced categories, that could change things. :dunno:

Cun... add the hard T, is another more powerful word than "no". It oftentimes elicits a very powerful, and emotional response from its recipient. Especially if the recipient is a woman.

Well, we're taking it back. "Looking c*nty" or "serving c*nt" is now a compliment on your clothing/appearance. The way things are going for women--this is the worst time to be a woman in my lifetime--I have no problem with that.

(1) Yes, "NO" is our most powerful word.

(2) Many young ladies would have been much happier if they had said that word to their boyfriends.

(3) Many people standing on the scale today wish that they had said that word when starting to eat that third cookie yesterday.

(4) And starting this week, this 86-year-old has started saying "NO" to replying to threads regarding politics, ethnicities, and wars.

a. With the limited time left to me, I have decided to reply only to less contentious topics -- such as this thread.

Happy Weekend to everyone (regardless of your politics, your gender, your ethnicity or your sexuality).

Forum List

Back