The shit is being thrown into the fan.

Keep trying to dodge the republicans total failure while trying to present any meaningful alternative in congress.... keep trying to dodge the absolutely ABYSMAL approval ratings for congressional republicans.

It is fun to watch

Keep trying to dodge the republicans total failure while trying to present any meaningful alternative in congress.... keep trying to dodge the absolutely ABYSMAL approval ratings for congressional republicans.

It is fun to watch

Why do ignore the current ones that came out today'? ANOTHER poll has the
Dems at 23% and their average has DROPPED to 25.5% :clap2:
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/polls/archive/?poll_id=18

Both parties have done little to squat about illegal immigration, and as much as it hurts to say, bush pissed me off, with the vigilantes crap.

A vigilante is someone who takes the law into his owns hands, but if the law is not being enforced, he is not being a vigalante.

Will somebody on either side, just use some common sense.

Ill consider a dem for president if i think he will actually do something about illegal immigration. But i doubt anyone will at this point.

Both parties have done little to squat about illegal immigration, and as much as it hurts to say, bush pissed me off, with the vigilantes crap.

A vigilante is someone who takes the law into his owns hands, but if the law is not being enforced, he is not being a vigalante.

Will somebody on either side, just use some common sense.

Ill consider a dem for president if i think he will actually do something about illegal immigration. But i doubt anyone will at this point.

The current Dem candidates will all do something about illegal immigration. They will give them US citizenship, a government check, and a voter ID card indicating they are Democrats

Ex-C.I.A. Chief, in Book, Assails Cheney on Iraq

WASHINGTON, April 26 — George J. Tenet, the former director of central intelligence, has lashed out against Vice President Dick Cheney and other Bush administration officials in a new book, saying they pushed the country to war in Iraq without ever conducting a “serious debate” about whether Saddam Hussein posed an imminent threat to the United States.

The 549-page book, “At the Center of the Storm,” is to be published by HarperCollins on Monday. By turns accusatory, defensive, and modestly self-critical, it is the first detailed account by a member of the president’s inner circle of the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks, the decision to invade Iraq and the failure to find the unconventional weapons that were a major justification for the war.

“There was never a serious debate that I know of within the administration about the imminence of the Iraqi threat,” Mr. Tenet writes in a devastating judgment that is likely to be debated for many years. Nor, he adds, “was there ever a significant discussion” about the possibility of containing Iraq without an invasion.

...............He gives a detailed account of the episode, which occurred during an Oval Office meeting in December 2002 when the administration was preparing to make public its case for war against Iraq.

During the meeting, the deputy C.I.A. director, John McLaughlin, unveiled a draft of a proposed public presentation that left the group unimpressed. Mr. Tenet recalls that Mr. Bush suggested that they could “add punch” by bringing in lawyers trained to argue cases before a jury.

“I told the president that strengthening the public presentation was a ‘slam dunk,’ a phrase that was later taken completely out of context,” Mr. Tenet writes. “If I had simply said, ‘I’m sure we can do better,’ I wouldn’t be writing this chapter — or maybe even this book.”................

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/04/27/washington/27intel.html?_r=1&hp&oref=slogin

http://www.iht.com/articles/2007/04/27/news/tenet.php

Bump. Seems about selling books, making excuses through sliming others. No surprise, there were reasons many conservatives knew Tenet had to go:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/06/29/AR2007062901947_pf.html

Iraq, al-Qaeda and Tenet's Equivocation

By Christina Shelton
Saturday, June 30, 2007; A21

On Aug. 15, 2002, I presented my part of a composite Pentagon briefing on al-Qaeda and Iraq to George Tenet, then CIA director. In his recent book, "At the Center of the Storm," Tenet wrote that I said in opening remarks that "there is no more debate," "no further analysis is required" and "it is an open-and-shut case."

I never said those things. In fact, I said the covert nature of the relationship between Iraq and al-Qaeda made it difficult to know its full extent; al-Qaeda's security precautions and Iraq's need to cloak its activities with terrorist networks precluded a full appreciation of their relationship. Tenet also got the title of the briefing wrong. It was "Assessing the Relationship Between Iraq and al-Qa'ida," not "Iraq and al-Qa'ida -- Making the Case."

It's notable that on Oct. 7, 2002, Tenet sent a letter to the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence stating that "our understanding of the relationship between Iraq and al-Qa'ida is evolving." He wrote:

· "We have solid reporting of senior level contacts between Iraq and al-Qa'ida going back a decade" and of "the presence in Iraq of al-Qa'ida members, including some that have been in Baghdad."

· "Credible information indicates that Iraq and al-Qa'ida have discussed safe haven and reciprocal nonaggression" and that "al-Qa'ida leaders sought contacts in Iraq who could help them acquire WMD capabilities. The reporting also stated that Iraq has provided training to al-Qa'ida members in the areas of poisons and gases and making conventional bombs."

· "Iraq's increasing support to extremist Palestinians, coupled with growing indications of a relationship with al-Qa'ida, suggest that Baghdad's links to terrorists will increase, even absent US military action."

His first two points reflected the material I used in my presentation. However, when addressing the issue of al-Qaeda and Iraq in his book, Tenet made no reference to this letter. Yet in his book Tenet provided details on activities between al-Qaeda and Iraq in addition to those described in his letter.

It seems to be a popular trend in the government to WAIT until nothing can be done about a problem and then to say "I knew there was a problem"

Exactly. Tenet wrote a book to try and save his reputation. Bush made a mistake honoring him before he left.

Exactly. Tenet wrote a book to try and save his reputation. Bush made a mistake honoring him before he left.

They are friends though, I think thats what Bush gave him the medal for,being there in the shit, helping make decisions. from what Ive heard, they have very similiar personalities.

But I really cant speak, for I do not know either personally.

They are friends though, I think thats what Bush gave him the medal for,being there in the shit, helping make decisions. from what Ive heard, they have very similiar personalities.

But I really cant speak, for I do not know either personally.

It would make sense they would be friends. :rolleyes: I will say one thing for Bush, he's really not an excuse maker.

Why do ignore the current ones that came out today'? ANOTHER poll has the
Dems at 23% and their average has DROPPED to 25.5% :clap2:
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/polls/archive/?poll_id=18

why do you continue to inaccurately portray public opinion ratings for congress as being the public's opinion of democrats? and why do you continue to ignore the polls that DO differentiate between the parties that show that the public thinks that your congressional caucus totally sucks?:rofl:

why do you continue to inaccurately portray public opinion ratings for congress as being the public's opinion of democrats? and why do you continue to ignore the polls that DO differentiate between the parties that show that the public thinks that your congressional caucus totally sucks?:rofl:

I'm not ignoring the differences between public opinion on Rep and Dems. Problem is, both are NOT TRUSTED. Common opinion, THEY BOTH SUCK AND ARE NOT WORTHY OF SUPPORT. You see that as a good thing, I mean that the dems suck in lower percentage, though overwhelmingly suck?

Eh MM, the Dems average number was 27% and it dropped to 25.5%

I am glad to see you are clapping over the drop - most of Amercia is as well

:cool:

If you have the Dems number, you must also have the Republicans.

What was Republicans average number?

One number I do know

Harry Reid has a lower approval number then both Pres Bush and VP Cheney

and as of the last polls I saw, San Fran Nan was lower then Pres Bush

One number I do know

Harry Reid has a lower approval number then both Pres Bush and VP Cheney

and as of the last polls I saw, San Fran Nan was lower then Pres Bush

Was that your answer to the Republicans approval rating?

Why cant you answer a simple question?

What is the Republican approval rating?

Was that your answer to the Republicans approval rating?

Why cant you answer a simple question?

I am pointing out while both parties have a low number, the Dem leaders are lower then the Republican leaders

Bush and Cheney are not going to be on the ballot in 08, so the Dems are in trouble

I am pointing out while both parties have a low number, the Dem leaders are lower then the Republican leaders

Bush and Cheney are not going to be on the ballot in 08, so the Dems are in trouble

Its a simple question man, why are you incapable of answering??

You know the Dems approval numbers, tell me what the Republicans Numbers are?

Its a simple question man, why are you incapable of answering??

You know the Dems approval numbers, tell me what the Republicans Numbers are?

Why don't you tell us then

Dems are not as cocky as they were in Jan when they came to power

Forum List

Back