the Russians just escalated the nuklear threat !

You ever hear of Russian disinformation?
lol you can sure take a beating

Adm. John Aquilino, the commander, disclosed in House testimony Tuesday that the drone torpedo, dubbed Poseidon by the Russians, will be carried on a massive new special-purpose submarine called the Belgorod that will be deployed this year. In addition to the Belgorod, the Russian military is adding at least one Dolgorukiy II-class nuclear ballistic missile submarine to the two Dolgorukiy I missile submarines already in the Pacific Fleet.

The four-star admiral did not say whether the Belgorod would be deployed with Russian forces in the Atlantic or the Pacific, but the Belgorod is said to be one of the most worrying new strategic systems because of the introduction of the Poseidon.

Imp, Animal Rockhead Boring knows everything, just ask him.

When you look to verify what he said is true however, that is when you find out how full of crap he is. He likes to sound like an "expert", but he's about as much of an "expert" as most of the talking heads on the news are "experts". They know just enough to convince people who don't know that they MIGHT be right. The rest of us however, know what a buffoon he is.

When you look to verify what he said is true however, that is when you find out how full of crap he is. He likes to sound like an "expert", but he's about as much of an "expert" as most of the talking heads on the news are "experts". They know just enough to convince people who don't know that they MIGHT be right. The rest of us however, know what a buffoon he is.
he doesn't seem to understand modern military technology.

he doesn't seem to understand modern military technology.

He thinks he does, just ask him, he'll tell you how smart and well versed he is.

Hell...................I was in the Navy for over 20 years, served on both surface and with aviation, as well as held a lot of different collateral billets, and I know for a fact that I don't know much about how the military operates nowadays, but there are some things that I do. I was shocked as hell to find out that around 3 years after I'd retired, my job no longer existed, and had been combined with a couple of others. But, because of some of the places I'd been stationed, I knew it would happen eventually.

And, because of the way I had seen technology develop over those 20 years I was in, I know there has gotta be some stuff that I couldn't have even thought possible in existence now, especially since I've been retired for around 20 years now and have long been out of the game.

Well, let's see! Are you a graduate of the Navy's Guided Missile School, Nuclear Weapons School, Anti-submarine Warfare School, Propulsion Engineering School, and Tactical Action Officer School?

No? Well, I am, shit for brains! I absolutely have no idea what I am talking about! Dumbass!

He thinks he does, just ask him, he'll tell you how smart and well versed he is.

Hell...................I was in the Navy for over 20 years, served on both surface and with aviation, as well as held a lot of different collateral billets, and I know for a fact that I don't know much about how the military operates nowadays, but there are some things that I do. I was shocked as hell to find out that around 3 years after I'd retired, my job no longer existed, and had been combined with a couple of others. But, because of some of the places I'd been stationed, I knew it would happen eventually.

And, because of the way I had seen technology develop over those 20 years I was in, I know there has gotta be some stuff that I couldn't have even thought possible in existence now, especially since I've been retired for around 20 years now and have long been out of the game.
when I was in the military what we considered new technology is super outdated now.

Well, let's see! Are you a graduate of the Navy's Guided Missile School, Nuclear Weapons School, Anti-submarine Warfare School, Propulsion Engineering School, and Tactical Action Officer School?

No? Well, I am, shit for brains! I absolutely have no idea what I am talking about! Dumbass!
son it's obvious you know next to nothing about modern military technology. things have changed since the Moniter and Merrimack back in your navy days.

Being a graduate of all those schools sounds like a load of bullshit to me, as most of those schools are 6 to 18 months long EACH, and I don't think you were important enough for the Navy to send you to all of them.

Being a graduate of all those schools sounds like a load of bullshit to me, as most of those schools are 6 to 18 months long EACH, and I don't think you were important enough for the Navy to send you to all of them.
in his mind he's also a jet setting millionaire sitting on his yacht with his big titted wife. when in reality it's a Jon boat with his old lady Bobbi Sue sharing a warm beer and a can of skoal.

lol you can sure take a beating

Adm. John Aquilino, the commander, disclosed in House testimony Tuesday that the drone torpedo, dubbed Poseidon by the Russians, will be carried on a massive new special-purpose submarine called the Belgorod that will be deployed this year. In addition to the Belgorod, the Russian military is adding at least one Dolgorukiy II-class nuclear ballistic missile submarine to the two Dolgorukiy I missile submarines already in the Pacific Fleet.

The four-star admiral did not say whether the Belgorod would be deployed with Russian forces in the Atlantic or the Pacific, but the Belgorod is said to be one of the most worrying new strategic systems because of the introduction of the Poseidon.

The links you have provided disagree with each other. This link says the max speed is 100 knots. That is 115 mph. That's the speed which allows many aircraft to take off, The more correct estimate would be 100 kilometers per hour, which is about 62 mph which is still pretty fast, but quite possible.

The links you have provided disagree with each other. This link says the max speed is 100 knots. That is 115 mph. That's the speed which allows many aircraft to take off, The more correct estimate would be 100 kilometers per hour, which is about 62 mph which is still pretty fast, but quite possible.
you obviously didn't read any information provided.

Water isn't air, and torpedoes aren't aircraft. There are differences.

The British Spearfish torpedo designed to counter high-speed Russian submarines, such as the Alfa-class submarine, is reputed to have a speed in excess of 70 knots (130 km/h). The Russian rocket-powered supercavitating torpedo VA-111 Shkval is reportedly capable of speed in excess of 200 knots (370 km/h). German press reports of an underwater anti-torpedo missile named Barracuda that allegedly reaches 430 knots (800 km/h). The United States Navy has contracted with the General Dynamics Electric Boat Division to support development of the Underwater Express, an undersea transport capable of controllable speeds up to 100 knots (185 km/h) through supercavitation.

in his mind he's also a jet setting millionaire sitting on his yacht with his big titted wife. when in reality it's a Jon boat with his old lady Bobbi Sue sharing a warm beer and a can of skoal.
Can't stay on topic? You want to try and insult me. Good luck!

FYI, I live with my beautiful, big-titted wife of 39 years in a very nice home just outside a sprawling Army post. I would drink horse piss than beer and Skoal is the dirt they put fishing worms in at the bait shop.

BikerSailor is pissed at me because I destroy him on all topics Navy since he was what we called a "tit-less WAVE" and never served on a combatant ship. He is well known homosexual also that stayed in the closet before "Don't ask, don't tell". The "Biker" in his username refers to bicycles not motorcycles. That is just further confirmation that he is a faggot.

Now, can we get back to exploring both of your ignorance of the topic?

Water isn't air, and torpedoes aren't aircraft. There are differences.

The British Spearfish torpedo designed to counter high-speed Russian submarines, such as the Alfa-class submarine, is reputed to have a speed in excess of 70 knots (130 km/h). The Russian rocket-powered supercavitating torpedo VA-111 Shkval is reportedly capable of speed in excess of 200 knots (370 km/h). German press reports of an underwater anti-torpedo missile named Barracuda that allegedly reaches 430 knots (800 km/h). The United States Navy has contracted with the General Dynamics Electric Boat Division to support development of the Underwater Express, an undersea transport capable of controllable speeds up to 100 knots (185 km/h) through supercavitation.
OK, shit for brains! Do you not know the difference in a defensive rocket-powered torpedo and an offensive conventionally powered torpedo?

Answer a few questions without Google and show me how sharp you are!

What is the fuel source for a US Mark 48 torpedo and why it a bad thing?

Does sound travel faster in a solid, liquid, or air?

What happens to sound waves as they travel through deep water?

What is a convergence zone?

From your post linked above, tell me why supercavitation is not a good thing.

What is the fuel source for a US Mark 48 torpedo and why it a bad thing?

Forum List

Back