The RSR Polls.

Superlative

Mar 13, 2007
The questions are straight forward and the reults are broken down by party

No wonder you don't like it

There is no way to spin the results

Dems do not think a victory in Iraq is important - not a newsflash

Please feel free to answer these survey questions, RSR obviously feels they are fair and in no way Partisan.

As usual he feels Dems just cant handle the truth.

http://www.ibdeditorials.com/Polls.aspx?id=264036858199701

1. How important is Victory in Iraq?

2. How hopeful are you that the US will succeed in Iraq?

3. Who would you like to see the president rely on for advice on the conduct of war?

A Congress
B Field commanders?

4.Which of the following must be a higher priority for the US?

A. Winning in Iraq?
B. Immediate Troop withdrawal?

5. Would you agree the War is lost in Iraq

6. Would you agree the US is fighting a global war on Terror?

7. Would you agree that any proposal to repeal congressional authorization for the Iraq war, sends the wrong message to the troops?

8.Would you agree that setting a deadline for troop withdrawal is seeting a deadline for failure?

9. How important is stabilizing the situation in Iraq before we begin withdrawing the troops?

I find hiding behind these skewed polls is useless to say the least.

What is classified as victory?

Why wouldnt I be hopeful? and what am I hopeful they succeed at exactly?

3. Who would you like to see the president rely on for advice on the conduct of war? A Congress or B Field commanders?

Well in the beginning he didnt rely on Field commanders, and now he doesnt want rely on congress,

He seems to not listen to anyone who disagrees

shouldnt he at least be listening to someone?

A. Winning in Iraq? B. Immediate Troop withdrawal?

What are we going to win? Free Oil?

Who loses if we withdraw the troops? Oh, riiight, The Iraqis, I get it. Or do the troops lose? Can you repeat the question?

War? I thought this was an occupation? Can we actually lose one of those? Is this about how we look? Wont it be the Iraqi's who actually lose?

How do you fight a global war on terror exactly? Im not sure if the US is fighting terror any more than they are creating more people desperate enough to use terror as a weapon.

7. Would you agree that any proposal to repeal congressional authorization for the Iraq war, sends the wrong message to the troops?

I think we should send some kind of message, other than partisan bickering.
I feel that is most disheartening message to the troops is being left with no strategy, other than, "be patient", just sit in the heart of enemy territory living in fear of the next terrorist attack, while the guys in charge bicker about money and not discuss a plan of action.

8.Would you agree that setting a deadline for troop withdrawal is seeting a deadline for failure?

You cant set a deadline without a plan. Once we have one of those, maybe you should ask that question.

9. How important is stabilizing the situation in Iraq before we begin withdrawing the troops?

Its the only thing that is important.

Please feel free to answer these survey questions, RSR obviously feels they are fair and in no way Partisan.

3. Who would you like to see the president rely on for advice on the conduct of war?

A Congress
B Field commanders?

A. Winning in Iraq?

I have to agree. The wording of the questions seems kind of "leading." That's what we call a "push poll," whose results would always be suspect.

What is classified as victory?

Why wouldnt I be hopeful? and what am I hopeful they succeed at exactly?

3. Who would you like to see the president rely on for advice on the conduct of war? A Congress or B Field commanders?

Well in the beginning he didnt rely on Field commanders, and now he doesnt want rely on congress,

He seems to not listen to anyone who disagrees

shouldnt he at least be listening to someone?

A. Winning in Iraq? B. Immediate Troop withdrawal?

What are we going to win? Free Oil?

Who loses if we withdraw the troops? Oh, riiight, The Iraqis, I get it. Or do the troops lose? Can you repeat the question?

War? I thought this was an occupation? Can we actually lose one of those? Is this about how we look? Wont it be the Iraqi's who actually lose?

How do you fight a global war on terror exactly? Im not sure if the US is fighting terror any more than they are creating more people desperate enough to use terror as a weapon.

I think we should send some kind of message, other than partisan bickering.
I feel that is most disheartening message to the troops is being left with no strategy, other than, "be patient", just sit in the heart of enemy territory living in fear of the next terrorist attack, while the guys in charge bicker about money and not discuss a plan of action.

You cant set a deadline without a plan. Once we have one of those, maybe you should ask that question.

Its the only thing that is important.

Number one is unimportant, what IS important is that Iraq can provide Border security and internal security before we leave.

Number two, I notice you can't just answer the question. I am HOPEFUL we stay till the mission is accomplished and that would be that Iraq can provide border and internal security.

Number three your answer is a bald face lie. Provide some evidence of this. As to my Answer , Military matters should be left to Military commanders and political matters left to Civilian leaders. It is Congress that decides to pay for war. However when the people in charge won't even listen to the Commanders on the ground I would suggest those Civilians are failing their DUTY and RESPONSIBILITY. Remind me, what did the democrats do on the previous vote? Did they find an hour to be briefed by the Commander that flew there to do just that? or did they snub him and ignore him in a rush to make a political jab at the President?

Four... neither of those are important. Since no one can agree what a win is it is moot. Troops should not leave until the MILITARY mission is a success. The ability of the Iraqis to secure their borders and provide internal security. And then MILITARY Commanders should be making MILITARY decisions on what is and is not needed to accomplish the mission with in the restraints of what is available.

Five.. I would agree that the Press and the Liberals WANT the US to believe it is lost and is unwinnable. They do NOT want the military goals to be accomplished, not because it can not be done, but because if the Military succeeds Bush may get credit.

Six is a no brainer.... of course we are fighting a WORLD WIDE WAR ON TERROR.

Seven... NO, it is not the troops place to worry about what the Civilian leadership decides. The problem is the political games being played. If we leave we leave. The troops are going to leave someday and I am sure some won't like staying or leaving any time.

Eight... I have no problem with a deadline that is NOT broadcast to our enemies or anyone that has no security reason to know it. Any PUBLIC deadline that says by x date we leave PERIOD is a recipe for disaster.

Nine ... Yes this is the only thing that matters... making Iraqi Troops and Police capable of providing security for that country, then we can leave.

We have won the battle, but it is important to realize that we can not win by forcing democracy on this theocratic nation.

I am confident in one more year of tranisional democracy failure, then one full year of redeployment. So yes, I am confident that eventually we will succeed by leaving.

A Congress
B Field commanders?

By far, Congress. It is written in the constitution of the united states that congress and the president have equal power in conducting war. Congress gave the president power to conduct the war, not field commanders. Therefore congress can take it away. Field commanders jobs are to complete missions, not restore democracy into the infastructure of religious war infested Iraq.

A. Winning in Iraq?

Again, everyone thinks the war can be won militarily. I completely dissagree, we have won militarily....now we are babysitting. We must leave immediately.

No believe It was won, if won means forcing democracy onto a nation whos people reject it and eachother. We have won in our conquest to dominate small countrys with no relation to terrorism and 9-11 before we went in.

I absolutely dissagree with the war on terror. It is not a war on terror it is a war of choice, based on failed intelligence that led to the benefit of only certain people in this administration and in Big oil comapnys. Our focus should have been on Osama from the very start to the very end.

No, I believe the troops are used as political puppets. Conservatives love to pretend they are on their side, when in actuality, they dont talk to the troops and if they did, the dont ask dont tell policy would not allow troops to speak their true feelings. Its easy to use the troops.

This is a made up catch phrase. If we set a deadline, this will push Iraq to do something and do it now. Failure is Iraqi officials for not pulling together, and further dividing their nation, its now our failure its their failure that we helped create, so we cant take full credit for that because they have always been divided.

It would be important if it could be done. It cant though, not without a better plan, or at least benchmarks.

I agree, but they can be answered with logic .

There you go

It depends on what "victory" means. Does it mean disarming Saddam of his terrible stockpiles of WMD's and punishing him for his connections to 9/11? Does it mean beaming like a proud parent as a multicultural jeffersonian democracy blossoms on the banks of the Euphrates with our gentle tutelage? Does it mean convincing sunnis and shiites to put aside centuries of hatred, link arms and sing a chorus of Kumbaya in the middle of George Bush Memorial Square in downtown Baghdad? The definition of victory has evolved as Bush's house-of-cards-like foreign policy has crumbled. I say, when the Iraqis can put trained troops in the field that are equal in number to that "handful of deadenders in their final throes", that should be good enough for Americans to say sayonara and tell the Iraqis that we are fucking DONE shedding OUR blood for THEIR freedoms.

Very Hopeful.... but hope in one hand and shit in the other and see which one fills up faster.

Do I predict "success"? no....unless Bush redefines "success" yet again to the point where "success" means "no thermonuclear explosions in Badhdad or Anbar" or something equally achievable

A Congress
B Field commanders?

B.

A. Winning in Iraq?

see question #1 and #2 above.

we won the war...we lost the occupation and we did that because we sent our military to do what diplomats should have done all along. Militaries are not designed to be peacekeeping forces and public relations ombudsmen...they are designed to destroy the enemy and capture territory. We did that part. Time to let the diplomats and administration PR types do the rest and get our troops out of the middle of a shooting gallery.

no. but I would agree that we OUGHT to be instead of fucking around in Iraq.

no. the "troops" go and do what the suits in DC tell them to do and they do it until told to stop. The only cogent message we send our troops is: "your mission is _________. go do it."
8.Would you agree that setting a deadline for troop withdrawal is setting a deadline for failure?

absolutely not. Setting a deadline puts the Iraqis on notice that they need to start standing up because they KNOW when they will have to be fully erect.

not our problem. Most of the Iraqi troops have been in training longer than the American first enlistment soldiers dying for their country.... play time is over...time to get to work Abdul

Victory is extremely important. Even more important is defining "victory". If victory is a stable Iraq and no American presence, then victory is of the utmost importance.

The war is in the hands of politicians. That is never a good sign.

A Congress
B Field commanders?

Generals on the ground. Period. Enough of the politicians and bureaucrats in Washington.

A. Winning in Iraq?

Winning, with victory defined above.

No.

Yes. But we will not succeed unless we figure out new strategies. Our previous war "strategy" will not work.

No. The war should have been declared a war by Congress in the first place. Any withholding of funds would be the wrong message sent to the troops.

Yes. I want to see a checklist based on benchmarks for success.

The most important aspect of the entire war. Nothing is more important.

A Congress
B Field commanders?

A. Winning in Iraq?

Are you upset the poll shows Dems are defeatests and do not care about victory in Iraq?

I have a novel suggestion RSR: why don't you go up to post #6 in this thread and refute or argue against each individual point that I made? Let's see if it is possible for you to carry your OWN water and hold your own in a discussion. this will be fun.

I have a novel suggestion RSR: why don't you go up to post #6 in this thread and refute or argue against each individual point that I made? Let's see if it is possible for you to carry your OWN water and hold your own in a discussion. this will be fun.

Been there and done that on many other threads

You want to change the subject - how the poll shows Dems do not want to win in Iraq and want to surrender

Been there and done that on many other threads

You want to change the subject - how the poll shows Dems do not want to win in Iraq and want to surrender

WHAT??? you have NEVER used your own words to argue any thread with me. And I am not changing the subject of this thread....my post above is absolutely on point with the subject of this thread. I answered every question that your poll put forward. I answered every question in great detail....IN MY OWN WORDS.... I am daring you to respond to each and every point I made in post #6 above -which are all answers to a poll that YOU posted on this site.

The record here is CLEAR about how wants to change the subject. It's you, little boy..... go run away again.... this is earlier than most mornings! :badgrin:

WHAT??? you have NEVER used your own words to argue any thread with me. And I am not changing the subject of this thread....my post above is absolutely on point with the subject of this thread. I answered every question that your poll put forward. I answered every question in great detail....IN MY OWN WORDS.... I am daring you to respond to each and every point I made in post #6 above -which are all answers to a poll that YOU posted on this site.

The record here is CLEAR about how wants to change the subject. It's you, little boy..... go run away again.... this is earlier than most mornings! :badgrin:

You simply spin, lie, and ignore the facts I post that prove you wrong

You were beaten up so babdly yesterday, I am surprised you came back today for more

address these points. quit running away.

It depends on what "victory" means. Does it mean disarming Saddam of his terrible stockpiles of WMD's and punishing him for his connections to 9/11? Does it mean beaming like a proud parent as a multicultural jeffersonian democracy blossoms on the banks of the Euphrates with our gentle tutelage? Does it mean convincing sunnis and shiites to put aside centuries of hatred, link arms and sing a chorus of Kumbaya in the middle of George Bush Memorial Square in downtown Baghdad? The definition of victory has evolved as Bush's house-of-cards-like foreign policy has crumbled. I say, when the Iraqis can put trained troops in the field that are equal in number to that "handful of deadenders in their final throes", that should be good enough for Americans to say sayonara and tell the Iraqis that we are fucking DONE shedding OUR blood for THEIR freedoms.

Very Hopeful.... but hope in one hand and shit in the other and see which one fills up faster.

Do I predict "success"? no....unless Bush redefines "success" yet again to the point where "success" means "no thermonuclear explosions in Badhdad or Anbar" or something equally achievable

A Congress
B Field commanders?

B.

A. Winning in Iraq?

see question #1 and #2 above.

we won the war...we lost the occupation and we did that because we sent our military to do what diplomats should have done all along. Militaries are not designed to be peacekeeping forces and public relations ombudsmen...they are designed to destroy the enemy and capture territory. We did that part. Time to let the diplomats and administration PR types do the rest and get our troops out of the middle of a shooting gallery.

no. but I would agree that we OUGHT to be instead of fucking around in Iraq.

no. the "troops" go and do what the suits in DC tell them to do and they do it until told to stop. The only cogent message we send our troops is: "your mission is _________. go do it."
8.Would you agree that setting a deadline for troop withdrawal is setting a deadline for failure?

absolutely not. Setting a deadline puts the Iraqis on notice that they need to start standing up because they KNOW when they will have to be fully erect.

not our problem. Most of the Iraqi troops have been in training longer than the American first enlistment soldiers dying for their country.... play time is over...time to get to work Abdul

as I said been there and done that

You keep trying to stray off topic to try and cut your losses

no...this is a brand new thread. the thread was started by superlative and asked posters to give their own answers to the questions from the poll you cut and pasted yesterday. I did that.... just as the lead post in this thread suggested. I am asking you to stay on topic here and to actually debate me on each of those answers....explaining where I am incorrect...explaining where my logic is flawed, explaining where I might have used a false premise.... proposing counter-arguments...making your own points....that IS the topic of THIS thread. Now.... I suggest that you should try to answer those points of mine which are ON TOPIC ...or run away. take your pick...but we both know what you will do, don't we?:rofl:

no...this is a brand new thread. the thread was started by superlative and asked posters to give their own answers to the questions from the poll you cut and pasted yesterday. I did that.... just as the lead post in this thread suggested. I am asking you to stay on topic here and to actually debate me on each of those answers....explaining where I am incorrect...explaining where my logic is flawed, explaining where I might have used a false premise.... proposing counter-arguments...making your own points....that IS the topic of THIS thread. Now.... I suggest that you should try to answer those points of mine which are ON TOPIC ...or run away. take your pick...but we both know what you will do, don't we?:rofl:

With questions "borrowed" from my thread

With questions "borrowed" from my thread

absolutely. the questions came directly from a webpage that reported the results of a poll.... the nine questions from your cut and pasted webpage were lifted onto this thread.... and superaltive asked poster give their own answers to those questions. I did that. I ask you - again - to actually debate me on each of those answers....explaining where I am incorrect... explaining where my logic is flawed, explaining where I might have used a false premise.... proposing counter-arguments...making your own points....that IS the topic of THIS thread.

absolutely. the questions came directly from a webpage that reported the results of a poll.... the nine questions from your cut and pasted webpage were lifted onto this thread.... and superaltive asked poster give their own answers to those questions. I did that. I ask you - again - to actually debate me on each of those answers....explaining where I am incorrect... explaining where my logic is flawed, explaining where I might have used a false premise.... proposing counter-arguments...making your own points....that IS the topic of THIS thread.

Been there and done that MM

Even after questions are answered you keep asking them

Been there and done that MM

Even after questions are answered you keep asking them

Been there, done that? How could you? You just posted the poll yesterday.... superlative just brought the questions from your poll over to this thread last night and I just answered them later last night. YOU have never addressed any of those points before.

quit dodging.
quit spinning.
quit running.

:eusa_naughty:

Been there, done that? How could you? You just posted the poll yesterday.... superlative just brought the questions from your poll over to this thread last night and I just answered them later last night. YOU have never addressed any of those points before.

quit dodging.
quit spinning.
quit running.

:eusa_naughty:

The questions have been asked in the past - and answered

New Topics

Forum List

Back