The Rittenhouse Verdict

Does this verdict encourage vigilantism? Are we going to see more people carrying guns at places of violence and riots, or even peaceful protests? If so, then one might assume there will be shootings and killings; the next time it could be a future kid like Rittenhouse who dies. The case may have turned out the way it should have given the specific facts, but what are the ramifications? More people with more guns.
Hopefully we get THOUSANDS Kyle's with guns protecting the streets. Every single rioter, looter and arsonist in the nation should be shot dead on sight.

Tell me about his moral failings.
1637363022102.png

Isn't that where a gun SHOULD be carried?

I dunno, those are places where you shouldn't even be at IMHO. When the rocks start flying and things are getting out of hand, I think it's time to get your ass outta there. Cuz if your side is carrying and their side is carrying then the chances for carnage kinda go way up. Now, if it's your property and your family then that's different IMHO.

Tulsi got that right. And why your side shouldn't have HARVESTED Brandon. I have no doubt that Tulsi would have not allowed these riots as POTUS.

While she is leftist on views. I think on common issues she would not be bad at all. I also think she would have never left behind our people in Afghanistan. She would have withdrawn but not until every last one was out.
I had more in common with Gabbard than the other Dems in comparing views with her platform. She would have done so much better than Biden’s fiasco of an administration. I cannot imagine a vet knowingly leaving behind troops.

Another would have been Amy Klobuchar having initiated and passed over 100 bills which is quite the feat on the hill.

I hope the verdict encourages BLM to stop rioting, burning cities, bashing private property etc. as well as encourage these Democrat governors to actually protect their own citizens and/or the citizens rise up and recall these Democrat-Marxist so-called representatives. BTW the only one breaking gun laws was the idiot concealed carrying the glock he used to target Rittnhouse...You know, the guy that got his bicep vaporized. Hope HE learned his lesson.

There's always hope I guess. But the way the Left stirs these people up to feel like mistreated victims, I don't think this verdict is going to change that. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised to see more guys like Rittenhouse, armed and probably in a group. He got separated from his group, right? Well, the next time it could be one group of people against another group and everybody is carrying and it becomes Dodge City on Saturday night. More people are gonna die.

The word "moral" keeps getting tossed around incorrectly. Raping children is not moral. Engaging in terrorism is not moral. Looting is not moral.

Trying to PREVENT such actions is not only moral, but highly moral, especially in light of all the immoral politicians who have taken such an active role in enabling these child rapists, arsonists and terrorists.
If politicians had done their job to protect their community against subhuman filth, brave teenagers like Kyle would't have to.

There's always hope I guess. But the way the Left stirs these people up to feel like mistreated victims, I don't think this verdict is going to change that. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised to see more guys like Rittenhouse, armed and probably in a group. He got separated from his group, right? Well, the next time it could be one group of people against another group and everybody is carrying and it becomes Dodge City on Saturday night. More people are gonna die.
Violent people easily justify criminal activity in their own minds and in the minds of their associates. You might be right Task that groups of angry individuals will use this verdict as an excuse to commit future crimes. Without a ready excuse or “reason, angry people who act out their rage use excuses from the past for continuing the violence.

Fear and intimidation should never win in a fight for a just nation. Even MLK Jr. stated that protests are effective when they result in a fearful reaction. Intentionally causing mass fear is as wrong as it can get imo. Anyone who does so is an unstable bully, and it doesn’t matter what size, color, or gender a hostile person is because bullying is what they embrace. There were positive things Martin Luther King Jr. stated, but to say that a peaceful protest involves creating mass fear was wrong then and still wrong. Fear creates and triples hate, but wise readers already knew that.

The disappointing verdict is sure to embolden militant people who seek to take the law into their own hands. It also could increase and complicate self-defense claims if more people carry -- and use -- firearms in the streets. That's a scary prospect.

But further violence in response to the verdict won't help anyone. Our civil society must remain calm -- in Kenosha, in Madison and across the country.

Rittenhouse is no hero, as some of his defenders pretend. He behaved like a vigilante and didn't deserve to walk free, given his recklessness. Yet the law, unfortunately, skews in favor of shooters who claim self-defense. That needs to change.

"If Rittenhouse was justified in his actions, how does that apply if two people openly carry guns and point them at each other? Whose self-defense claim takes priority?"

This is from the Wisconsin local newspaper.
You lost. Justice prevailed

So you're one of the people who believe that it's more moral to be assaulted and possibly killed than to defend yourself. Got it.
No. I’m one of those people who believe it is the job of local, state, and federal law enforcement to deal with mobs and protesters on the streets; not children who should have been at home working on their school projects.
Tell me about his moral failings.
He doesn’t understand how to mind his own business and keep his nose out if other people’s business. That is a MAJOR Moral failing in my mind.

No. I’m one of those people who believe it is the job of local, state, and federal law enforcement to deal with mobs and protesters on the streets; not children who should have been at home working on their school projects.

He doesn’t understand how to mind his own business and keep his nose out if other people’s business. That is a MAJOR Moral failing in my mind.
You dont believe that citizens should help other citizens when they are attacked or their property is being stolen or destroyed? You must be the worst neighbor.

So you're one of the people who believe that it's more moral to be assaulted and possibly killed than to defend yourself. Got it.
Had Kyle even planned to act in an amoral fashion he would have worn his bullet proof vest but instead loaned it to a friend. As he stated when asked about it, “I’m going to help people. I won’t need it”. Case closed right there as far as clean motive, and all footage showed he acted in self-defense.

Bad things happen when good men remain silent and do nothing. Angry mobs should never be rewarded in any way, unless we move into some form of anarchy. Without laws on the books we would have daily chaos and murders for hidden loot. Murders for $5.00 (which have already happened many times over) during “legal” times, can you imagine the increase allowing thugs to do whatever they want? Murders for hire
could be $10.00 per head, given that a goon could take out hundreds within a certain time. Murder for sale could happen for the more desperate goons; thugs still need to eat and could offer seats for people to watch the victims suffer for big money. Kind of like some of the futuristic shows and episodes currently available are depicting.

Forum List

Back