The Republican Party is going to be REALLY interesting to watch for a while

"Trump’s political machine, which has $60 million in a super PAC and an unmatched grassroots fundraising apparatus, is vowing to go aggressively after GOP lawmakers in primaries in the wake of an unprecedented feud between the nation’s two most powerful Republicans."
Two most powerful republicans? Trump and who else?

It's probably not a good thing in some way but I'm still searching for what that could be.
I don't the history of how well candidates perform in generals after rough primaries, but I'd be surprised if we didn't see a lot of it in 2022. Based on history, obviously, the GQP should be looking at some gains...

My crystal ball has been on the fritz since 2016. The real question is which faction is going to get the support of the oligarchs? In the long run the big money will always win out in republican politics.
True, exactly the same with the D Party, but you don’t know it.

Oh he knows it. He just won't admit it. Both parties suck yet he only picks on the Reps.

Read post #17. Instead of bitching about democrats why don't you tell us which right wing faction you are going to join and why they should rule all republicans.

LOL Since I don't belong to either party your post is dumb. No one should rule the Reps. Someone should lead them.

As for your Dem's, their current leader is bat shit crazy along with the whore VP.

I'd say the Dems have more problems then the Reps will ever have.
You belong to the POT/POQ/GOP

Party of Trump
Party of QAnon
Republican Party

Nope.

I support Trump.

Don't give a rats ass about QAnon.

And I'm an Independent.

Your post is funny though.

You Support Jack Ass Biden.

You love Antifa and BLM

And your a Dem idiot.

You sure are a winner. LMAO
If you support tRump you support Q'anon.

And, like many other tRumplings who claim to be, you're about as independent as my thumb.

Q.........BOO!
There's one now.

It's probably not a good thing in some way but I'm still searching for what that could be.
I don't the history of how well candidates perform in generals after rough primaries, but I'd be surprised if we didn't see a lot of it in 2022. Based on history, obviously, the GQP should be looking at some gains...

My crystal ball has been on the fritz since 2016. The real question is which faction is going to get the support of the oligarchs? In the long run the big money will always win out in republican politics.
True, exactly the same with the D Party, but you don’t know it.

Oh he knows it. He just won't admit it. Both parties suck yet he only picks on the Reps.

Read post #17. Instead of bitching about democrats why don't you tell us which right wing faction you are going to join and why they should rule all republicans.

LOL Since I don't belong to either party your post is dumb. No one should rule the Reps. Someone should lead them.

As for your Dem's, their current leader is bat shit crazy along with the whore VP.

I'd say the Dems have more problems then the Reps will ever have.
You belong to the POT/POQ/GOP

Party of Trump
Party of QAnon
Republican Party

Nope.

I support Trump.

Don't give a rats ass about QAnon.

And I'm an Independent.

Your post is funny though.

You Support Jack Ass Biden.

You love Antifa and BLM

And your a Dem idiot.

You sure are a winner. LMAO
If you support tRump you support Q'anon.

And, like many other tRumplings who claim to be, you're about as independent as my thumb.

Q.........BOO!
There's one now.
Fuck Trump and fuck Biden.

See how easy that is?

I bunted. Its all over this board. Look it up yourself.

Ah, poster Claudette, in my opinion, it makes you look bad. To use as the validation of your posted opinions something you read on an internet message board from contributors posting anonymously under fake names.
That's not reputation enhancing. Trust me.

It makes you look like your bluff got called.
You are out of aces.
The cowgirl is all hat, no cows.

Seriously, I'm merely trying to help you; offer you advice on how to present your avatar as an entity to take serious, one with a degree of gravitas.

But, I think you've played your string out on this topic. Your die cast.
So be it.

In the meantime, good luck to you.

LOL I may not have cows but I do have a horse. You seem to think everything you lefties put on this board is true. I feel the same about the righties.

In the meantime. Good luck to you. Won't take you long to figure out you made a mistake voting for Biden. Hell wait till his EO's kick in. Carry on.

"Trump’s political machine, which has $60 million in a super PAC and an unmatched grassroots fundraising apparatus, is vowing to go aggressively after GOP lawmakers in primaries in the wake of an unprecedented feud between the nation’s two most powerful Republicans."
Two most powerful republicans? Trump and who else?
True. There is only Trump. Trump, Trump, Trump. He is the party, and he is everything.

So, what will 2022 look like? Will we see rough inter-party primaries from coast to coast, even where long-standing Republican congressmen are established -- one more traditional Republican, and one Trump-approved Qandidate? How many of those Trump qandidates will win? And if so, how will they do in their general elections?

Further, do we know yet what 2024 will look like? What if the Trump-approved candidates either win or get wiped out? Will that change the dynamic for the party in 2024?

Never a dull moment. All we can do is watch and guess. What do you think may happen?

I suspect we'll get a few more radical nuts in Congress, not because the GOP has become more radical, but because no one pays attention to what goes on in primaries and most of these districts are drawn to favor Republicans to start with. The Republicans will probably also lose some seats they should have won because some nut will win the primary, and their nuttiness will become more apparent in the general election.

The biggest problem is that they will be redrawing all the maps this year, and because between Covid and intentional sabotage of the Census, the numbers probably aren't as accurate as they should be.

So I suspect that you'll see a lot of lunatics get in, the Democrats will probably lose the house and senate, and Biden will be spending the last two or six years of his presidency playing defense.

The bigger question is what happens in 2024.

1) Does Trump run for the GOP nomination again, or does he form a third party.
2) Does the GOP establishment make a spirited defense to keep him off the ticket?
3) Will Biden run for a second term, or will he defer due to his age and Harris will pick up the banner?

It's hard to imagine things settling down in the GQP, and that was before Trump's recent wild tantrum directed at Mitch McConnell -- which (no one seems to be pointing out) had pretty much nothing to do with McConnell's speech after the trial.

So, what will 2022 look like? Will we see rough inter-party primaries from coast to coast, even where long-standing Republican congressmen are established -- one more traditional Republican, and one Trump-approved Qandidate? How many of those Trump qandidates will win? And if so, how will they do in their general elections?

Further, do we know yet what 2024 will look like? What if the Trump-approved candidates either win or get wiped out? Will that change the dynamic for the party in 2024?

Never a dull moment. All we can do is watch and guess. What do you think may happen?

:popcorn:

I disagree. I think the Democratic party will be very interesting to watch. They control Congress and the WH. Already Biden is pulling shit on the border which tax payers won't like and once his EO's all kick in they won't those either.

Should be very interesting to see how the Democratic party handles unhappy voters.

It's hard to imagine things settling down in the GQP, and that was before Trump's recent wild tantrum directed at Mitch McConnell -- which (no one seems to be pointing out) had pretty much nothing to do with McConnell's speech after the trial.

I disagree. I think the Democratic party will be very interesting to watch. They control Congress and the WH. Already Biden is pulling shit on the border which tax payers won't like and once his EO's all kick in they won't those either.

Should be very interesting to see how the Democratic party handles unhappy voters.
Ah, another clairvoyant Trumpster.

Ah, another clairvoyant Trumpster.

LOL Nothing clairvoyant about it. Biden did away with the wall. Handcuffed ICE and is releasing illegals into the country without testing for the Chinese virus. Oh and no wall means more illegals will flood into our country. They cost us billions each year and will cost we tax payer more. Seems more than simple to me.

Oh and if you have taken a look at his EO's I think you will find there Isn't much in them for America or the American tax payer.

You seem to think everything you lefties put on this board is true.

Ah, good morning, ma'am.

Let's first address some old business that you are ---seemingly --- trying hard to sidestep.

And that is your assertions that BLM/ANTIFA invaded the Capitol on January 6th, and not the Trumpcult and the jackass-patriot nutters.

I think you are wrong and have asked you to vet your assertions. You dodge. Or, you say you know it is true because you read it on an internet message board where it was posted by anonymous posters using fake names. Claudette, that kind of 'sourcing' doesn't speak well for your level of education. I do not mean that pejoratively. It just is what it is.

I still say, unless and until you prove your assertion .......well I say that you are deadsolidperfectly off-base about who participated in the January Trump Insurrection.

So lets do two: You say the police opened the doors for all the insurrectionists.
Which is a puzzler. One of those moments where reasonable and observant adults go.....WTF?!

I mean by that, watch some TV coverage of how the police stood in entryways battling the TrumpCultists and patriot-jackasses. Battling 'em.....and being savagely beaten in the process.
Then, you, the poster Claudette, comes on this venue and asserts the police "let" 'em all in.

Again, poster, you asserted it.
You prove it.
Batter up, gurlfriend.

Lastly (go for three?). You presumptuously assert my avatar is a "leftie".

Ummm, nope.
The 'left' won't have me as I'm too conservative.
The 'right' won't have me as I'm too liberal.
I happily describe my poor avatar as ..... a 'skeptical optimist'.

And, pray tell, what about you poster Claudette?
........please please do not tell us you are one of the 'jackass-patriots'.
You aren't are you?

Please stop wondering why NOBODY decent and even half sane takes you whack-jobs seriously.
Most decent Republicans did not fall for the fake claim of the shrill liars of Trumpery (Gaetz, Palin, Ingraham, Hannity, etc.) that it had not been the Loser's goons but "antifa" that had mounted a deadly insurrection against the U.S. Congress to prevent its certifying the former guy's loss, as achieved by the American electorate in a clear expression of the will of the People at their first opportunity to officially register their sentiments of four years.

As we know know, Trump's Big Lie, rejected by Republican governors, Republican secretaries of state, other Republican election officials, Republican judges, and Trump's own Justice Department and cyber-security director, was enthusiastically embraced by q-anon, proud boys, boogaloo, oath keepers, three percenters, neo-nazis, and other white supremacist Trumpers, many of whom have been apprehended and confessed to doing their Loser's bidding, coming to Washington to prevent a peaceful and lawful transfer of power at the Loser's invitation.

As a consequence of the Loser's assault upon American democracy, the Republican Party will be going through an arduous delousing process for quite some time. Let's hope it can re-establish its integrity for the sake of the nation.

... Democrats have become the party of the educated metropolitan class. There will always be a lot of Americans who do not share the interests or values of that class and they tend to vote Republican...
The party has the potential to be something truly good for America: a multiracial working- class coalition, a party that serves the interest of all those who don’t fit in with the definition of the good life that is promulgated by the meritocracy. It’s to be a champion for those who didn’t complete college, don’t want to leave their hometown for the big city, do have a set of traditional values centered around their faith...
[T]he G.O.P. has to displace the cultural circus with actual policymaking. Trumpism is a media strategy, not a political philosophy; it’s a bid to win endless attention and stoke enmity.
Republicans will beat Trumpism not by confronting it directly but by focusing on policymaking, by becoming a regular party once again. As Senator Ben Sasse put it, it’s to make the Republican Party about more than one dude.
As one simple index of the GOP's recovery, I suggest that the extent to which it can jettison its q-anon, proud boys, boogaloo, oath keepers, three percenters, neo-nazis, and other white-supremacists will define its success.

Retaining that Trumpy pantload will seriously impede its progress.

The Republicans will probably also lose some seats they should have won because some nut will win the primary, and their nuttiness will become more apparent in the general election.

That is exactly what happened some years back in some districts that put on the ballot a TeaParty nutter.
And it was one of the reasons the TeaParty sort of imploded. Their most vocal, most prominent personalities were their nuttiest.

Please stop wondering why NOBODY decent and even half sane takes you whack-jobs seriously.

Haven't we done this on another thread, poster Loser?
I'm pretty sure there's been a discussion on another thread about the irony of some anonymous poster claiming others aren't taken seriously because they think Don Trump was bigly responsible for the January 6th Insurrection.....and then.....the poster Loser uses as an avatar a glorified and heroic illustration of the army deserter and traitor, Bob Lee.
And surrounds him with flags of the sedition he was a leader of, and which killed over 600,000 Americans, crippled Lord knows how many more, wrecked millions of families.
And with that, the poster Loser comes on here and attempts to criticize those who think the Trump Insurrection on January 6th was wrong.

Ironical?
I love this bar.

You seem to think everything you lefties put on this board is true.

Ah, good morning, ma'am.

Let's first address some old business that you are ---seemingly --- trying hard to sidestep.

And that is your assertions that BLM/ANTIFA invaded the Capitol on January 6th, and not the Trumpcult and the jackass-patriot nutters.

I think you are wrong and have asked you to vet your assertions. You dodge. Or, you say you know it is true because you read it on an internet message board where it was posted by anonymous posters using fake names. Claudette, that kind of 'sourcing' doesn't speak well for your level of education. I do not mean that pejoratively. It just is what it is.

I still say, unless and until you prove your assertion .......well I say that you are deadsolidperfectly off-base about who participated in the January Trump Insurrection.

So lets do two: You say the police opened the doors for all the insurrectionists.
Which is a puzzler. One of those moments where reasonable and observant adults go.....WTF?!

I mean by that, watch some TV coverage of how the police stood in entryways battling the TrumpCultists and patriot-jackasses. Battling 'em.....and being savagely beaten in the process.
Then, you, the poster Claudette, comes on this venue and asserts the police "let" 'em all in.

Again, poster, you asserted it.
You prove it.
Batter up, gurlfriend.

Lastly (go for three?). You presumptuously assert my avatar is a "leftie".

Ummm, nope.
The 'left' won't have me as I'm too conservative.
The 'right' won't have me as I'm too liberal.
I happily describe my poor avatar as ..... a 'skeptical optimist'.

And, pray tell, what about you poster Claudette?
........please please do not tell us you are one of the 'jackass-patriots'.
You aren't are you?

Well they did invade. In fact Capital police officers have been suspended and are under investigation for just that.

If you aren't a leftie you sure sound like one. If not, my apologies.

Well I am an American Nationalist if that answers your question.

If not, can't say it will bother me. LOL

I think the new Trumpist/fascist wing in the party is the dominant force, and that the traditional conservatives are still there, in force, but are cowed into silence by the Marjorie Tayler Greene wing of Trumpists, where the more radical and offensive ideas carry the day.
I think the traditional conservatives are probably the dominant force in numbers, but the voters want the Trumpist/fascists to be the dominant influence, and the traditionalists remain silent, as they want to keep their job and not risk the wrath of Dear Leader.

Sad to see this once proud party devolve into this, all because of one man.

Well from what I saw the Capital police opened the gates and doors and let them all in.
Well they did invade. In fact Capital police officers have been suspended and are under investigation for just that.

So, by the above can we presume you are sticking with your assertion that the Trump Insurrection on Janaury 6th was an operation led by members of ANTIFA and BLM, as you've asserted earlier?
That it was a 'false-flag' operation?

And are you sticking with your assertion that the Capitol police let all of the insurrectionists into the building? Even in light of the multitude of videos showing those police in a desperate struggle at entranceways?

And are you, poster, asserting that nutters from QAnaon, 3Percenters, Proud Boys, Oathkeepers, MAGA-cult, et al, were NOT the overwhelming participants in the breach of the Capitol building and grounds?

Just what are you asserting poster Claudette?

I think the new Trumpist/fascist wing in the party is the dominant force, and that the traditional conservatives are still there, in force, but are cowed into silence by the Marjorie Tayler Greene wing of Trumpists, where the more radical and offensive ideas carry the day.
I think the traditional conservatives are probably the dominant force in numbers, but the voters want the Trumpist/fascists to be the dominant influence, and the traditionalists remain silent, as they want to keep their job and not risk the wrath of Dear Leader.

Sad to see this once proud party devolve into this, all because of one man.
Yeah, that's where they are right now. Literally a historic time.

New Topics

Forum List

Back