The Republican Party is going to be REALLY interesting to watch for a while

It's probably not a good thing in some way but I'm still searching for what that could be.
I don't the history of how well candidates perform in generals after rough primaries, but I'd be surprised if we didn't see a lot of it in 2022. Based on history, obviously, the GQP should be looking at some gains...

My crystal ball has been on the fritz since 2016. The real question is which faction is going to get the support of the oligarchs? In the long run the big money will always win out in republican politics.
True, exactly the same with the D Party, but you don’t know it.

Oh he knows it. He just won't admit it. Both parties suck yet he only picks on the Reps.

It's probably not a good thing in some way but I'm still searching for what that could be.
I don't the history of how well candidates perform in generals after rough primaries, but I'd be surprised if we didn't see a lot of it in 2022. Based on history, obviously, the GQP should be looking at some gains...

My crystal ball has been on the fritz since 2016. The real question is which faction is going to get the support of the oligarchs? In the long run the big money will always win out in republican politics.

Oh he knows it. He just won't admit it. Both parties suck yet he only picks on the Reps.
No, the democrat party is far superior.

They have censored all media, they indoctrinate children in our schools, etc., in short, they are the only ones uniting the country. Everyone else is an insurgent, radical, extremist, Nazi.

Read post #17. Instead of bitching about democrats why don't you tell us which right wing faction you are going to join and why they should rule all republicans.

Read post #17. Instead of bitching about democrats why don't you tell us which right wing faction you are going to join and why they should rule all republicans.

LOL Since I don't belong to either party your post is dumb. No one should rule the Reps. Someone should lead them.

As for your Dem's, their current leader is bat shit crazy along with the whore VP.

I'd say the Dems have more problems then the Reps will ever have.

It's hard to imagine things settling down in the GQP, and that was before Trump's recent wild tantrum directed at Mitch McConnell -- which (no one seems to be pointing out) had pretty much nothing to do with McConnell's speech after the trial.

So, what will 2022 look like? Will we see rough inter-party primaries from coast to coast, even where long-standing Republican congressmen are established -- one more traditional Republican, and one Trump-approved Qandidate? How many of those Trump qandidates will win? And if so, how will they do in their general elections?

Further, do we know yet what 2024 will look like? What if the Trump-approved candidates either win or get wiped out? Will that change the dynamic for the party in 2024?

Never a dull moment. All we can do is watch and guess. What do you think may happen?

:popcorn:

I would say before the events that followed after the November 2020 election, Republicans had a good chance of making gains and taking back the House and possibly increasing their numbers in the Senate in 2022. For some odd reason, the down ballot Republicans in the Senate survived and they even picked up seats in the House. Then, Trump lost the election, screamed fraud for two months and proceeded to carve a path of destruction that would have made Sherman envious. He costs the Republican party the Senate (GA runoffs) and then two months of his legal and tweeting temper tantrums and spreading of the conspiracy theory manure results in a violent insurrection at the Capitol where he goads in followers to attempt to take the election by force. That effectively wipes out all the momentum that came from November 3rd.

Right now, I don't see any short term hope for the Republican party. Let's set aside that the present iteration of "conservatism" that Republicans have espoused for the last four decades has been a complete failure (policy wise) and has only survived because they've gotten rust belt and southern voters to vote against their own best interests. Now, they've let a carnival barker split them in half. Allowed him to run amok, set the narrative and bolster it with constant conspiracy theories and playing upon more than three decades of perceived grievances. They are slowly driving the moderates away. There will be a lot of people who voted for Trump that will be turned off by the extremism too. Put that together and neither Trump nor the Republicans have enough of a majority to overcome the Democrats.

Now I realize that Democrats are perfectly capable of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory but I think this time, they'll get a big assist from Republicans. Mitch can try to "ignore" Trump all he wants. It ain't gonna happen. Trump is a force of being. The only way he'll be silenced is if he goes to prison. Personally, I think the destruction of the Republican party is long overdue. Ever since that serial philanderer Newt Gingrich and his Republican Revolution breezed into town in 1994, it's been a long, slow downhill slide into the loony bin for Republicans. I'm going to sit back and enjoy the crash. :)

You gotta love all those who voted for Biden and then down ballot Republicans. At least 10 million. Fascinating. That was very rare in the nations entire history until 2020.

Last edited:

It's hard to imagine things settling down in the GQP, and that was before Trump's recent wild tantrum directed at Mitch McConnell -- which (no one seems to be pointing out) had pretty much nothing to do with McConnell's speech after the trial.

So, what will 2022 look like? Will we see rough inter-party primaries from coast to coast, even where long-standing Republican congressmen are established -- one more traditional Republican, and one Trump-approved Qandidate? How many of those Trump qandidates will win? And if so, how will they do in their general elections?

Further, do we know yet what 2024 will look like? What if the Trump-approved candidates either win or get wiped out? Will that change the dynamic for the party in 2024?

Never a dull moment. All we can do is watch and guess. What do you think may happen?

Q.....BOO!

Meh, we'll clean house in the Republican party while Dems are responsible for EVERYTHING right now it's all on them. Go ahead Dems you own all the problems :auiqs.jpg:

Of course I know it but I'll take what I can get. I'm not in love with any American political faction precisely because of big money politics. Sadly it seems there is little chance of changing that. The best we can hope for is to get a better class of plutocrats. It sucks balls but that's the way it is for the foreseeable future.

Funny, the French said much of the same thing about the British and the Revolutionary Colonists. Both were Aristocrats but the Colony had a better class.

Of course I know it but I'll take what I can get. I'm not in love with any American political faction precisely because of big money politics. Sadly it seems there is little chance of changing that. The best we can hope for is to get a better class of plutocrats. It sucks balls but that's the way it is for the foreseeable future.
One can easily make the argument that the D Party is far worse than the R Party. It’s a party based on fraud. It claims to be for the working class, while screwing the working class. It also has the MSM protecting it So while the MSM does all it can to criticize the Rs and Trump, it will silence any in it’s ranks who criticize Joe and the D Party. The billionaires and big corporations have total control of the party.

You’ll be waiting a long time for a better class of politicians. It’s over.

LOL Since I don't belong to either party your post is dumb. No one should rule the Reps. Someone should lead them.

As for your Dem's, their current leader is bat shit crazy along with the whore VP.

I'd say the Dems have more problems then the Reps will ever have.
Of course you would say that. None of you are ready to address what happens after Trump.

Dan Crenshaw will unify the party and you will choke on your popcorn.

One can easily make the argument that the D Party is far worse than the R Party. It’s a party based on fraud. It claims to be for the working class, while screwing the working class. It also has the MSM protecting it So while the MSM does all it can to criticize the Rs and Trump, it will silence any in it’s ranks who criticize Joe and the D Party. The billionaires and big corporations have total control of the party.

At the moment the big political question in America is what the republicans are going to do about Trump and the deplorables. It is also the topic at hand.

In addition to the actual dollars is the appearance of where the money is going. That has positive/negative effects, as well.

And no, it sure as hell shouldn't be that way, but we refuse to change the system under which these people operate.
Money equals power in this world. Sad but true. There is a plutocracy in every country in the world. The best countries are the ones that have made authoritarianism unprofitable.
What frustrates me is that we just don't care enough to change the system.

"Rational Anericans know the election was.stolen."

They do?
How was it stolen? Where? Which states? Which precincts?
How do you know?

I don't mean to put the poster on the spot, however, over 60 courts considered suits, motions, appeals, etc. from a team of Don Trump's 'elite strike force' of lawyers.
60+ courts rejected their arguments for a whole variety of reasons, including untruthfulness.
And empaneled in those 60+ courts were many conservative judges voted in by Republicans, or appointed by Republicans, including appointed by Don Trump himself.

The man appointed by Don Trump himself to oversee the election security, Chris Krebs, said it was the most secure election in U.S. history.

The man appointed by Don Trump himself to lead the Department of Justice, Bill Barr, directed his AG's throughout the U.S. to look into election fraud. And Barr famously said......no fraud that would change the results of any election.

And yet, we still see these crackpot ninnys with some barstool theory on a "stolen election".

I say....'bring it'!

If one knows it was stolen then march down to the local DA office, or Sherriff's office, or FBI office.......and show the proof. Register a complaint.

To not bring to authorities proof of election fraud one knows in their heart is true......well then, I say those folks who don't do that are un-American. Traitors. Chickens. Bluffers, blowhards, buffoons, fools, or small-bore liars.

They think they know the election was stolen yet don't do anything about it except whine and come on message boards and say stuff they are too afraid, or too incompetent or too unintelligent ---- to put their money where their mouth is.

Other than that, I'm pretty neutral on it all.

At the moment the big political question in America is what the republicans are going to do about Trump and the deplorables. It is also the topic at hand.
No. That’s not the big question, but people like you think it is. It’s the establishment’s narrative of division and you fell for it. Biden and the Ds have total control, but will do nothing different. They will continue the national security state, enriching the rich, and fomenting division. You should be focused on them. They are far more dangerous.

Forum List

Back