The Reality of Surgical and Medical Abortions

What are the statistics that show that abortions sometimes cause harm to the woman? Mentally and physically.

..... the 2011 British Journal of Psychology meta-study on the mental-health effects is a survey of 22 published studies that combines data on 877,181 participants, presenting a body of peer-reviewed research showing that abortion increases the likelihood of depression, anxiety, alcoholism, drug use, and suicide.

..... 49 studies have demonstrated a statistically significant increase in premature births or low-birth-weight risk in women who had prior induced abortions.

..... a 2015 study of abortion safety in California, based on comprehensive and reliable data from Medicaid billing records rather than surveys, found that medical abortions resulted in four times the complication rate of first-trimester surgical abortions.

..... academic studies dating back to the 1950s show that abortion, particularly late-term, increases the risk of breast cancer. The Melbye et al. study, which appeared in the New England Journal of Medicine in 1997, is the largest and most influential study on the subject (despite its many documented methodological flaws). Even though it is frequently cited by skeptics of the abortion–breast cancer link as evidence that induced abortion doesn’t increase the risk of breast cancer, this study actually does provide strong statistical evidence that abortions performed after 18 weeks’ gestation do increase breast-cancer risk.

..... Abortion-rights groups have shown almost no interest in improving abortion-reporting requirements to allow for better data on abortion-related injuries and deaths. These groups, along with their allies in the mainstream media, typically ignore the growing body of data from foreign academic journals demonstrating the dangers abortion can pose for women’s health.

I posted this article on Twitter and they made sure it would never be seen. I got a notice "Something Went Wrong", which means it was shadow-banned.

Was he, or was he not, a human being? Does whether the government counted him as such in any way reflect the reality of his humanity?
Legally, he wasn't. You aren't a person until a birth certificate is issued.

I don't care about Leave It To Beaver. That is a tired trope.

The fact is my way works 100% of the time. One-hundred-percent. That is reality. Ignore it at your own peril.

Yeah, okay... It's like a lot of solutions that sound great, until you get real people involved.

two scientific review papers find abstinence-only-until-marriage programs and policies in the United States are ineffective because they do not delay sexual initiation or reduce sexual risk behaviors. According to the researchers, these programs also violate adolescent human rights, withhold medically accurate information, stigmatize or exclude many youth, reinforce harmful gender stereotypes, and undermine public health programs. Both papers are published online in the Journal of Adolescent Health.

I support and have raised funds for pro-life clinics
Don't care. Your virtue signaling aside, forcing women to have babies they DIDN'T WANT and then making them beg for charity in front of your imaginary sky friend is beyond cruel.

So I want to "force" woman to give birth, like I want to "force" husbands not to murder their wives, like I want to "force" wives not to murder their husbands, like I want to "force" rapists not to rape, like I want to "force" slaveowners to not be allowed to have slaves, like I want to "force" sex-traffickers to release their victims.

That's nice. Not everyone agrees with our opinion that fetuses are people. Also, such a law would be unenforceable.

My idea of "force" is in reality an adherence to protecting civil rights. Don't confuse the idea of the proper role of government, to protect the civil rights of persons, not violate rights of said persons. That's the difference between the "right wing" and the "left wing."

No, stupid, you would have to create a system of enslaving women to make your policies work. No medical privacy, etc.

Also, in addition to your query on reducing abortions, a very effective tool to do that is ultrasounds, which many pro-life clinics do, such as those in my area. When expectant mothers see the ultrasounds, 80% will not abort. Imagine if Planned Parenthood would show the pregnant woman these images, well... naw, that would cut into their profits. They need victims, they need repeat customers, they need advocates, and truth is very inconvenient.

Oh, look, someone who thinks the "Wand of Shame" works.

For many people, Blacks weren't considered human like Whites. A wrong-headed belief is a wrong-headed belief.

Nope. Nobody ever believed that.

The "color" or immigration status of these women is irrelevant.

Every miscarriage would not have to be investigated. That is a false narrative. If there is ample evidence of a crime, then and only then will action be necessary. And let justice prevail.

Uh, yeah, actually it did. They wouldn't have tried to pull this shit on a white woman and you know it.

How do you NOT investigate every miscarriage? Taking the word of the same OB/GYN who was performing abortions last week that yup, this was totally a miscarriage, trust me!

Every year in the US we have 600K abortions and 200K Miscarriages.

How do you even find out if she was pregnant to start with? Unless her boyfriend or husband informs on her. Do we go through medical records at every OB/GYN? I mean, you fuckwits on the right fought tooth and nail against mask and vaccine mandates, you really expect to be able to enforce an abortion ban?

Forum List

Back