The Reality of Surgical and Medical Abortions

The doctor I worked for assured me that all of the abortions he was doing were at 12 weeks or less. I actually bought the bullshit until I realized one day that what I flushed down the sink was human -- obviously visually human -- not just a blob of cells. I quit the next day and have had nightmares since -- forty years ago. These videos make me cry.
Doctors were following Federal Government guidelines that, if they did not, could be charged with malpractice. One of the things pro-aborts have glossed over for forty years. In short, they lied and left women like yourself to carry the moral burden. Thank you for your frankness. I respect you.

Doctors were following Federal Government guidelines that, if they did not, could be charged with malpractice. One of the things pro-aborts have glossed over for forty years. In short, they lied and left women like yourself to carry the moral burden. Thank you for your frankness. I respect you.
That makes one of us

It's hard to understand how the Left can place so much importance on the mother's inconvenience but nothing at all on the baby's life, as though he or she had no value at all. Let's face it, she made the decision to have unprotected sex in the 1st place, right? She made the decision not to have safe sex, there are a number of ways to avoid conception, but she made that decision too. Why aren't all you guys on the Left getting all excited about making sure she has access to those choices? What about BC pills or the morning after pill, why aren't you guys outraged that those pills aren't free or at least cheap as hell? So now you guys on the Left are all aflame cuz the mother is only left with 2 options: have the baby or abort it. IOW, it's okay to KILL a human being because he or she has not been born yet.

And IMHO all this crap about how the mother's life is more in danger is bullshit. First of all, there's no way to know that, should I trust a doctor who aborts babies to be truthful about saying the mother would've died? I don't believe it, her life is no more in danger than if she gives birth. Medical science has come a long way, and any time you have surgery there are risks whether it's an abortion surgery or not.
Pregnancy and childbirth is not a matter of “convenience”.

For many it is a matter of inconvenience that leads to an abortion.
Disagree. Pregnancy and childbirth is never just “inconvenience”. It is the most life changing decision she make and comes with some serious risks.

Disagree. Pregnancy and childbirth is never just “inconvenience”. It is the most life changing decision she make and comes with some serious risks.

Most abortions are done by women who didn't want to get pregnant and do not want to give birth. It is, in a word, inconvenient for them to be pregnant and so they dispose of the problem. There are risks either way, but IMHO modern medicine is pretty good at reducing those risks. It's okay by me if a doctor says this woman's life is in danger if she doesn't abort her pregnancy, and I'd be okay with allowing that as an exception to the law. But that's a long way from allowing an abortion for any reason or no reason.

Most abortions are done by women who didn't want to get pregnant and do not want to give birth. It is, in a word, inconvenient for them to be pregnant and so they dispose of the problem. There are risks either way, but IMHO modern medicine is pretty good at reducing those risks. It's okay by me if a doctor says this woman's life is in danger if she doesn't abort her pregnancy, and I'd be okay with allowing that as an exception to the law. But that's a long way from allowing an abortion for any reason or no reason.
What are the statistics that show that abortions sometimes cause harm to the woman? Mentally and physically.

Never understood why these women just don't get hysterectomies or oophorectomies.
They can go whore it up all they want and never be bothered with the costs and medical problems from abortions.
INSURANCE

May want a baby in 5 years

Why don’t you ASK them?

What are the statistics that show that abortions sometimes cause harm to the woman? Mentally and physically.

..... the 2011 British Journal of Psychology meta-study on the mental-health effects is a survey of 22 published studies that combines data on 877,181 participants, presenting a body of peer-reviewed research showing that abortion increases the likelihood of depression, anxiety, alcoholism, drug use, and suicide.

..... 49 studies have demonstrated a statistically significant increase in premature births or low-birth-weight risk in women who had prior induced abortions.

..... a 2015 study of abortion safety in California, based on comprehensive and reliable data from Medicaid billing records rather than surveys, found that medical abortions resulted in four times the complication rate of first-trimester surgical abortions.

..... academic studies dating back to the 1950s show that abortion, particularly late-term, increases the risk of breast cancer. The Melbye et al. study, which appeared in the New England Journal of Medicine in 1997, is the largest and most influential study on the subject (despite its many documented methodological flaws). Even though it is frequently cited by skeptics of the abortion–breast cancer link as evidence that induced abortion doesn’t increase the risk of breast cancer, this study actually does provide strong statistical evidence that abortions performed after 18 weeks’ gestation do increase breast-cancer risk.

..... Abortion-rights groups have shown almost no interest in improving abortion-reporting requirements to allow for better data on abortion-related injuries and deaths. These groups, along with their allies in the mainstream media, typically ignore the growing body of data from foreign academic journals demonstrating the dangers abortion can pose for women’s health.

Forum List

Back