The pro life issue is just a political tool

bill718

Diamond Member
Jun 26, 2016
For decades I've watched and listened to the pro life right wing propaganda machine, noses pointed in the air, clutching their little bibles with their fine air of moral superiority advocating that abortion is murder, and we must stop this inhuman practice. A closer look at this situation would suggest these folks are not as "pro life" as they appear. Once these babies inflate their lungs with the 1st breath of air, all that concern, bible thumping, political lobbying and financial support goes straight out the window. Where is all the concern from the pro life folks and their political lobbyists, when a child is malnourished? Has inadequate educational opportunities? Dies in a school shooting? Dies of disease that could have been prevented with proper medical care? Is the victim of domestic abuse? Is gang raped or beaten in their early teen years? Answer: Absolutely none! (And of course we're not supposed to talk about all those wealthy pro life lawmakers and executives who've paid for abortions for their mistresses and girlfriends when they were informed that a little 9 month surprise was on the way!) The abortion issue attracts money and votes, and is a convenient political tool for these folks, nothing more. These folks twist the words of pro choice advocates, calling them "pro abortion" this is absolute nonsense, no woman pro abortion, or happily looks forward to having an abortion. If the so called pro life folks demonstrated even 1% of their concern and support for these kids in the first 18 years of their lives as they did in the 9 months before birth, I might be more supportive of them, as it is, I see them for what they really are: Just another set of right wing hypocrites who can't seem to practice what they preach.

Those are the facts Jack, just the facts!
:bye1:

For decades I've watched and listened to the pro life right wing propaganda machine, noses pointed in the air, clutching their little bibles with their fine air of moral superiority advocating that abortion is murder, and we must stop this inhuman practice. A closer look at this situation would suggest these folks are not as "pro life" as they appear. Once these babies inflate their lungs with the 1st breath of air, all that concern, bible thumping, political lobbying and financial support goes straight out the window. Where is all the concern from the pro life folks and their political lobbyists, when a child is malnourished? Has inadequate educational opportunities? Dies in a school shooting? Dies of disease that could have been prevented with proper medical care? Is the victim of domestic abuse? Is gang raped or beaten in their early teen years? Answer: Absolutely none! (And of course we're not supposed to talk about all those wealthy pro life lawmakers and executives who've paid for abortions for their mistresses and girlfriends when they were informed that a little 9 month surprise was on the way!) The abortion issue attracts money and votes, and is a convenient political tool for these folks, nothing more. These folks twist the words of pro choice advocates, calling them "pro abortion" this is absolute nonsense, no woman pro abortion, or happily looks forward to having an abortion. If the so called pro life folks demonstrated even 1% of their concern and support for these kids in the first 18 years of their lives as they did in the 9 months before birth, I might be more supportive of them, as it is, I see them for what they really are: Just another set of right wing hypocrites who can't seem to practice what they preach.

Sorry, Sweetheart. One does not have to join a nunnery and devote a life to whatever YOU say we do to care about the fact that the Left loves killing babies. But we note, with interest, that you seek to assuage your guilt here by foisting off on us that we just don't care ENOUGH and don't live lives deserving of caring.

That's a fail. You still advocate killing babies. That's on YOU, not on us.

Sorry, Sweetheart. One does not have to join a nunnery and devote a life to whatever YOU say we do to care about the fact that the Left loves killing babies. But we note, with interest, that you seek to assuage your guilt here by foisting off on us that we just don't care ENOUGH and don't live lives deserving of caring.

We have a Republican who got pg out of wedlock in HS and had an abortion and now she is the wife of a republican representative and now they are PRO Life.

But we know, there are no republicans who had an abortion!!:rolleyes:

We have a Republican who got pg out of wedlock in HS and had an abortion and now she is the wife of a republican representative and now they are PRO Life.

Who said no Republicans ever had an abortion? Who better to speak to the horrors of abortion than someone who had one, had her heart broken by having one, and then changed her mind?

You realize that people can change their minds in life, right Penny?

Sorry, Democrats kill babies after they are born is not a ''tool'. It is part of the immoral disintegration of the a Democratic Party, a party that officially has embraced killing babies, anti-Semitism, crime, open borders, illegal Sanctuary Cities, allowing illegals to vote, coup d'etat to overrun elections whose rests they do not like, etc...

Last edited:

/—-/ You baby killers are sick and demented.

Who said no Republicans ever had an abortion? Who better to speak to the horrors of abortion than someone who had one, had her heart broken by having one, and then changed her mind?

Oh the people who had a abortion do not want other women to chose their avenues, GOT IT. So they take want to take away rights for all women.

Lets talk about Abby Johnson, a ex-director of a PP in Texas and HAD NOT ONE, but two abortions is now PRO LIFE.

Abby Johnson (activist)Abby Johnson (activist) - Wikipedia

She wanted to keep it secret but then
Prior to the birth of her own first child, Johnson also had two abortions herself– something she had not discussed openly until the Jan. 10 webcast, although her former friend and Planned Parenthood colleague Laura Kaminczak had disclosed it to a reporter in January 2010 without her permission.
Abby Johnson reveals details of pro-life turnaround and Catholic conversion

Last edited:

Oh the people who had a abortion do not want other women to chose their avenues, GOT IT. So they take want to take away rights for all women.

Lets talk about Abby Johnson, a ex-director of a PP in Texas and HAD NOT ONE, but two abortions is now PRO LIFE.

Abby Johnson (activist)Abby Johnson (activist) - Wikipedia

Yes, I read her book.

I wouldn't expect a woman who is a Holocaust Denier to be able to reason through things logically, Penny.

The right wing is only pro-life in abortion threads. They are pro-death in border threads.

The right wing is only pro-life in abortion threads. They are pro-death in border threads.
/——/ A baby is defenseless and innocent. Illegals trying to invade our country are not. And prove we want to kill illegals you big dope.

/——/ A baby is defenseless and innocent. Illegals trying to invade our country are not. And prove we want to kill illegals you big dope.
you are either pro-life or you are just hypocrites.

that's right - i had 5 abortions b4 my morning coffee AND i'm gonna go & deliver a full term baby, bring it home & commit infanticide on the alter of satan, like santorum says!

...Those are the facts Jack, just the facts!

Your facts are slightly askew. Many of us proudly declare ourselves to be Anti-Abortion rather than Pro-Life. Additionally, many of us do not base that belief on some stodgy old book.

I’m neither a Christian nor Pro-Life and I still see only s very limited set of circumstances where I believe abortion to have any chance to be a moral decision.

...Those are the facts Jack, just the facts!

Your facts are slightly askew. Many of us proudly declare ourselves to be Anti-Abortion rather than Pro-Life. Additionally, many of us do not base that belief on some stodgy old book.

I’m neither a Christian nor Pro-Life and I still see only s very limited set of circumstances where I believe abortion to have any chance to be a moral decision.

i've read posts where you were accused of domestic abuse & i didn't read any denials on yer part. if that is true- you get no say about what's a moral decision.

The OP has the right idea, but misses the mark on the reason why.

It is a political tool because those in power on both sides know it is the biggest "single issue" on which people will place their votes. The Repubs count on the fact that 75% of their voters would never vote for a pro-choice candidate and thus do not have to worry about being fiscally conservative because no matter what their fiscal views are, abortion will win the candidate the vote. This is why we have not had a fiscally conservative president in longer than anyone on this forum has been alive.

I have been saying for years that the worst thing that could ever happen to the Repub party was for abortion to again be illegal. This is why Trump put two Conservative judges on the SCOTUS that neither support the overturning of RvW. You do not kill the golden goose and abortion is the golden goose for the Repubs.

/----/ I'm pro-life for unborn and newly born babies - but pro-death for homicidal maniacs. Being a Libtard Moonbat I understand how easily you're confused.

Last edited:

With all the times Republicans controlled both houses & the White House, all the times they had the opportunity to reduce or end abortion, you never wondered why it has never happened? Because Republicans rather have the issue. They need you to vote for them because you think they will do something about abortion. They don't. They never have.

I have never had an abortion. I think women should choose.

/----/ I'm pro-life for unborn and newly born babies - but pro-death for homicidal maniacs. Being a Libtard Moonbat I understand how easily you're confused.
Just a hypocrite with no real values; I got it, right wingers.

With all the times Republicans controlled both houses & the White House, all the times they had the opportunity to reduce or end abortion, you never wondered why it has never happened? Because Republicans rather have the issue. They need you to vote for them because you think they will do something about abortion. They don't. They never have.

Abortions tend to rise under Repub administration as they often cut funding for birth control to keep their faithful happy.

/---/ True, but it's really an issue for the USSC. Overturning RvW would not end abortion, but throw it back to the states as it was before RvW

Forum List

Back