The Myth of Republicans Walking Away because of Trump

DGS49

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2012
Pittsburgh

Imagine you are a rock-solid Republican and you have held your nose at some of President Trump's antics but support....essentially every tangible thing he did for the past four years (taxes, immigration, international agreements, the economy, regulations). And now this series of events of January 6th, and YOU'VE HAD ENOUGH! You are LEAVING!

OK. Then President Biden revokes the permits for the Keystone XL pipeline. Then he stops construction of the border wall, a stunt that will COST MORE THAN COMPLETING IT. Then he rejoins the corrupt WHO. Then he illegally claims that we are back into the Paris Climate fiasco and the foolish Iran agreement that Iran never actually lived up to. Then he opens up immigration from the shit-hole mainly-Muslim countries. Then he starts releasing thousands of bogus asylum seekers, promising to let in hundreds of thousands more per year, even KNOWING THAT MORE THAN 90% OF THEM HAVE NO LEGITIMATE CLAIM UNDER INTERNATIONAL LAW. And on and on. It never ends.

OK people, if you leave the Republican Party, where are you going to go? To this shit festival?

As stated in the linked article, Joe Biden is the greatest hope for re-unifying the Republican Party under Trumpism, if not under Trump. He has undertaken more mindless, self-destructive, vindictive actions in a month than any President in history. He has NO POLICIES other than repudiating Trump's accomplishments.

Where are you going to go? To the Democrats? Ain't happening. We see these fatuous articles about Republicans leaving the party, but they are nothing but Leftist wishful thinking. Americans who actually work for a living (as few Leftists do) know which side of the bread is buttered.

I've never thought people didn't vote for the GOP because of Trump, at least not in any significant number. There is Establishment A and Establishment B, that's all. All political Parties have this, all across the world.

I do think that the outcome of the 2020 election, coupled with the mail out ballots and such, has disenfranchised GOP voters. It has probably hurt them for the foreseeable future. It definitely will hurt the GOP up and down the ticket if election laws aren't in place and enforced.

This is not just a domestic issue for the U.S, in the broader sense. Saudi Arabia, India, Israel and others, aren't even interested in U.S foreign policy right now. They are deciding what is best for them. This is significant, as the Free World raises suspicions on China and looks to see where America stands. With Trump they clearly (and slowly in some cases), understood that China was a threat to U.S reign. True allies in my opinion, sided with Trump as they'd prefer America lead the world over China (I'm in this camp, clearly).

The issue for citizens is about policies, not Parties. Parties are associated with policies, until they are not. Or, the differences in policies between choices is not significant enough to motivate voters to care one way or another. "Why should I vote, when I will receive essentially the same outcome?"

Trump provided a clear deliniation between himself and both political parties. I've referred to Trump as the first Independent president. He ran under the GOP, due to the support they have traditionally held, and, the more closely held ideals (certainly the GOP of old, from another outsider Reagan). Ultimately, he was really a thorn to both Establishments, and will remain so as long as his policies are more appealing to the masses than the traditional parties.

Imagine you are a rock-solid Republican and you have held your nose at some of President Trump's antics but support....essentially every tangible thing he did for the past four years (taxes, immigration, international agreements, the economy, regulations). And now this series of events of January 6th, and YOU'VE HAD ENOUGH! You are LEAVING!

OK. Then President Biden revokes the permits for the Keystone XL pipeline. Then he stops construction of the border wall, a stunt that will COST MORE THAN COMPLETING IT. Then he rejoins the corrupt WHO. Then he illegally claims that we are back into the Paris Climate fiasco and the foolish Iran agreement that Iran never actually lived up to. Then he opens up immigration from the shit-hole mainly-Muslim countries. Then he starts releasing thousands of bogus asylum seekers, promising to let in hundreds of thousands more per year, even KNOWING THAT MORE THAN 90% OF THEM HAVE NO LEGITIMATE CLAIM UNDER INTERNATIONAL LAW. And on and on. It never ends.

OK people, if you leave the Republican Party, where are you going to go? To this shit festival?

As stated in the linked article, Joe Biden is the greatest hope for re-unifying the Republican Party under Trumpism, if not under Trump. He has undertaken more mindless, self-destructive, vindictive actions in a month than any President in history. He has NO POLICIES other than repudiating Trump's accomplishments.

Where are you going to go? To the Democrats? Ain't happening. We see these fatuous articles about Republicans leaving the party, but they are nothing but Leftist wishful thinking. Americans who actually work for a living (as few Leftists do) know which side of the bread is buttered.
I have a hard time believing anyone actually gives a shit about Keystone XL, WHO, Iranian nuclear deals, or whatever is left of the wall that Trump didn’t finish.

Agreed. They tried on this silly meme last time, too, with the never-Trumpers. That went nowhere and hopefully, this won't either.

You can start supporting real Republicans. Those who maintain Republican values. Those who ignore wild conspiracies. Those who are appalled by the extremists in the Party
And accept it if voters Even reject real republican values.

Let’s face it the op is correct. Trump did a great job the last four years if you’re a republican. Except for the way he handled corona of course. And all the law breaking.

Just like the polls were a myth?
Polls are the world's purest paid propaganda, and if some people haven't figured out never to look at one or finish an article that the word "poll" pops up in, I have.

The polls predicted Trump would lose by a wide margin.....he did

The polls predicted Trump would lose Michigan, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Georgia and Arizona.....he did

You can start supporting real Republicans. Those who maintain Republican values. Those who ignore wild conspiracies. Those who are appalled by the extremists in the Party
And accept it if voters Even reject real republican values.

Let’s face it the op is correct. Trump did a great job the last four years if you’re a republican. Except for the way he handled corona of course. And all the law breaking.

Without his inept leadership during COVID, Trump would have won a second term.

Just like the polls were a myth?
Polls are the world's purest paid propaganda, and if some people haven't figured out never to look at one or finish an article that the word "poll" pops up in, I have.

The polls predicted Trump would lose by a wide margin.....he did

The polls predicted Trump would lose Michigan, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Georgia and Arizona.....he did
Makes me think 2016 was the rigged election. The deep state knew how many Supreme Court picks would be up during the next four years and they had to have that one. Same way they had to win 2000 because they already planned the iraq invasion in the 1990s. PNAC. And heritage foundation. That’s the deep state.

Forum List

Back