The most vilified and feared man in scripture

foggedinn

Gold Member
Oct 9, 2008
I use the KJV.
The son of perdition is only mentioned in two places in the New Testament. John chap. 17 v. 12 and 2 Thess. chap. 2 v. 3.

In the High Priestly prayer of Jesus in John 17, Jesus tells the Father that of all the sons of God put into the care of Jesus by the Father, the son of perdition is the only one Jesus can't save; That the scripture be fulfilled.

In 2 Thess. chap. 2, the apostle Paul describes the revelation of the son of perdition in the church.

Most interpretations that I've seen are based on one of these verses or the other, not both.

The interpretations based on John 17 v. 12 call him Judas. An interpretation completely inconsistent with 2 Thess. chap. 2.

Interpretations based solely on 2 Thess. 2 all seem to want to call him anti-Christ; a myopic view based entirely on a misunderstanding of the New Testament. The notion that God would send an evil son into the world is inconsistent with all of scripture.

The truth of who the son of perdition really is can only be understood by a knowledge of the scripture Jesus was referring to in John 17 v. 12

I'm not going to bore you with the details, but, the single most hated and vilified man in scripture for the past 2000 years is the scapegoat of Leviticus 16.

The Day of Atonement began 2000 years ago with the beheading of John the Baptist (the bullock of Lev. 16) and the crucifixion of Jesus (the Lamb who was slain as a sin sacrifice of Lev. 16). The Day of Atonement ends in 2 Thess. 2 with the revelation of the son of perdition (the scapegoat of Lev. 16)

Forum List

Back