The Man Who Broke The Middle East

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
ALERT! This is clearly an anti-Obama piece and I am certain will engender many attacks, not just on the message but the messenger. The following excerpt will enrage some and cause others to applaud: :eusa_whistle:

The Middle East that Obama inherited in 2009 was largely at peace, for the surge in Iraq had beaten down the al Qaeda-linked groups. U.S. relations with traditional allies in the Gulf, Jordan, Israel and Egypt were very good. Iran was contained, its Revolutionary Guard forces at home. Today, terrorism has metastasized in Syria and Iraq, Jordan is at risk, the humanitarian toll is staggering, terrorist groups are growing fast and relations with U.S. allies are strained.

From there, it goes point by point to prove its claim. I would just love to see a single fact-filled reclama – but doubt I will.

Read more: The Man Who Broke the Middle East - Elliott Abrams - POLITICO Magazine

ALERT! This is clearly an anti-Obama piece and I am certain will engender many attacks, not just on the message but the messenger. The following excerpt will enrage some and cause others to applaud: :eusa_whistle:

The Middle East that Obama inherited in 2009 was largely at peace, for the surge in Iraq had beaten down the al Qaeda-linked groups. U.S. relations with traditional allies in the Gulf, Jordan, Israel and Egypt were very good. Iran was contained, its Revolutionary Guard forces at home. Today, terrorism has metastasized in Syria and Iraq, Jordan is at risk, the humanitarian toll is staggering, terrorist groups are growing fast and relations with U.S. allies are strained.

From there, it goes point by point to prove its claim. I would just love to see a single fact-filled reclama – but doubt I will.

Read more: The Man Who Broke the Middle East - Elliott Abrams - POLITICO Magazine

It's reversible right now-----I believe that the jihadists see the USA as weak and shy. Obama
is seen is trying to hide------a kind of isolationist. It's ok ---next Pres. will probably be a military
type and just when the JIHADISTS are ready to flex muscle ------they will meet with strong resistence.

It's times like this that make me appreciate the two term limit

How much of our wealth and military will it take to get the factions of Islam to live in peace?? Bush had to buy off the Sunnis in the Anbar province, I guess we did not throw enough money at the problem...

It's reversible right now-----I believe that the jihadists see the USA as weak and shy. Obama
is seen is trying to hide------a kind of isolationist. It's ok ---next Pres. will probably be a military
type and just when the JIHADISTS are ready to flex muscle ------they will meet with strong resistence.

It's times like this that make me appreciate the two term limit

How do we(USA) make the Shiites stand their ground and fight back??

Again, stupidly,,the anti-Obama piece is microcosmic of what is wrong in the political atmosphere in the US. It is counter productive and allows our enemies to see our weakness, that weakness is infighting and a lack of cooperation to make a clear vision sustainable..

Obama is doing the same mistake that Carter did in thinking that they can negotiate with terrorists.
It didn't work for Carter and it's not working for Obama.

claiming the middle-east was largely at peace in 2009 is a lot like claiming the economy in 2007 was largely stable.

How much of our wealth and military will it take to get the factions of Islam to live in peace?? Bush had to buy off the Sunnis in the Anbar province, I guess we did not throw enough money at the problem...

It isn't about them living in peace, they will never live in peace.
It's about getting terrorist jihadists down to a very small number again.

It isn't about them living in peace, they will never live in peace.
It's about getting terrorist jihadists down to a very small number again.

Then nukes is the most efficient in that death dept..of humans...

Obama is doing the same mistake that Carter did in thinking that they can negotiate with terrorists.
It didn't work for Carter and it's not working for Obama.

Carter refused to negotiate with terrorist. He wouldn't even negotiate with Iran over the Embassy hostages. It is one of the reasons he lost the election for his 2nd term. Ronald Reagan was the first President to negotiate with terrorist. It was in all the papers. They gave it a nick name. Iran/Contra.

Forum List

Back