The Main Event

Book of Jeremiah

Platinum Member
Nov 3, 2012
483586101-circus-tents-with-main-event-phrase-gettyimages.jpg

Imagine buying tickets for your family to go and see the Circus that has come to your city. When you arrive, the clowns outside the entrance to the big tent direct you and your family to visit the sideshows. They tell everyone - you've got plenty of time before the Main Event! Come see the cigar smoking dwarf! Come see the tallest man in the world! This is your chance! You'll never see such a sight again! Believing he is directing you the right way, you take your family to see the smoking dwarf, the tallest man in the world, you participate in the various games, the ring toss, the floating ducks, the pop gun moving targets, and a man with a microphone guessed your weight! Your child speaks up and says, We had better go to the big top to see the circus show now. We've seen all there is to see already! You agree and you and your family are now off to the Main Event! When you enter the big tent all the seats were empty. The ring is empty, not a lion, a tiger or bear in sight. No trapeze artist, no elephants, you and your loved ones have just missed the main event.
images

A side show is exactly what the name implies. Something on the side / an addition. According to Barnum Bailey Circus - of all the many thousands of posters that are memorabilia of the circus's golden era fewer than a dozen feature a "side show." When God removes the veil and we see clearly what our lives have been focused on, will we be able to say that we did not miss the "Main Event"?

The Main Event is Jesus Christ. The world is perishing because they have been taken captive by the side shows of life that are keeping them from the Main event. The reason we are here is to have a relationship with Jesus Christ. Everything else comes out of that relationship. It is one thing to miss the main event at the circus and entirely another to miss the most important event of our life. Knowing Jesus Christ and enjoying His presence every day. Walking in His Will. God has a plan and a purpose for every life. You must come to Jesus to find out what it is. Do not let life distract you and tell you that you can call on the Lord at a later time. Today is the day of Salvation. Today.

Last edited:
So are you saying Jesus is a circus clown (they did build his church on the mounds of the dead and old circus forum),
or is he the pink painted elephant wearing a tutu?

So are you saying Jesus is a circus clown (they did build his church on the mounds of the dead and old circus forum),
or is he the pink painted elephant wearing a tutu?

No, I am saying that mankind should not be distracted from the main event in life because after it's all over? It's too late, HaShev. Your alphabet study and numbers and working up formulas to convince yourself of something that is not true is not going to help you one iota in the day that you learn that Jesus Christ is your Messiah! You will look back and say, Oh! How foolish I have been! I was distracted with all the things that were unimportant when I could have accepted Christ as my Messiah and enjoyed a personal relationship with God just as Abraham did! I missed it!

There are parents who are going to wake up one day and say oh! I could have taught my sons and daughters about Jesus Christ and raised them in the way of the LORD. I could have spent so much more time with my children but I didn't. I could have been an example to my children and raised them to know Christ. Oh, great would have been the peace of my children!

Instead I ignored them and spent all my time on Face Book and chat rooms and now they are grown and it is too late! Too late! I never owned a computer until after mine were grown, moved out and on their own! I still do not own a phone with one of those screens that scroll to internet sites. Is that an i phone? I believe that is what it is called.

I believe parents who are spending all their waking hours on the internet and their cell phones instead of on listening to and talking with their children are missing the main event. One day they will get a wake up call and realize what it cost them to spend all those hours, days, years ignoring their own children! God gave us our children as a gift! They are part of the Main event in life that God did intend for us to focus on!

Imagine buying tickets for your family to go and see the Circus that has come to your city. When you arrive, the clowns outside the entrance to the big tent direct you and your family to visit the sideshows. They tell everyone - you've got plenty of time before the Main Event! Come see the cigar smoking dwarf! Come see the tallest man in the world! This is your chance! You'll never see such a sight again! Believing he is directing you the right way, you take your family to see the smoking dwarf, the tallest man in the world, you participate in the various games, the ring toss, the floating ducks, the pop gun moving targets, and a man with a microphone guessed your weight! Your child speaks up and says, We had better go to the big top to see the circus show now. We've seen all there is to see already! You agree and you and your family are now off to the Main Event! When you enter the big tent all the seats were empty. The ring is empty, not a lion, a tiger or bear in sight. No trapeze artist, no elephants, you and your loved ones have just missed the main event.
images

A side show is exactly what the name implies. Something on the side / an addition. According to Barnum Bailey Circus - of all the many thousands of posters that are memorabilia of the circus's golden era fewer than a dozen feature a "side show." When God removes the veil and we see clearly what our lives have been focused on, will we be able to say that we did not miss the "Main Event"?

The Main Event is Jesus Christ. The world is perishing because they have been taken captive by the side shows of life that are keeping them from the Main event. The reason we are here is to have a relationship with Jesus Christ. Everything else comes out of that relationship. It is one thing to miss the main event at the circus and entirely another to miss the most important event of our life. Knowing Jesus Christ and enjoying His presence every day. Walking in His Will. God has a plan and a purpose for every life. You must come to Jesus to find out what it is. Do not let life distract you and tell you that you can call on the Lord at a later time. Today is the day of Salvation. Today.
The main attraction, is now 2,000 years overdue.

images

The main attraction, is now 2,000 years overdue.

Be patient.

Jeremiah,
so you are saying Jesus is the greasy haired guy on the trapeeze who asks you to trust him to grab his hands, only to find out just as you reach for his greasy hands he goes for his cell phone to answer his phone call from his bookie instead.....oops!

Jeremiah,
so you are saying Jesus is the greasy haired guy on the trapeeze who asks you to trust him to grab his hands, only to find out just as you reach for his greasy hands he goes for his cell phone to answer his phone call from his bookie instead.....oops!
HaShev, Jesus Christ is my Messiah whether you accept Him as yours or not. So please respect that and do not insult my God. Okay? Thank you.

Your god? I thought you said he was your messiah? Make up your mind, he can't be both unless you admit he's the thief who imposters both...busted!

Your god? I thought you said he was your messiah? Make up your mind, he can't be both unless you admit he's the thief who imposters both...busted!

The Messiah is God. He is LORD and God. You know the Scriptures. Read Malachi. Read Isaiah! Read Zechariah! Read the last book of the Bible! The Revelation of Jesus Christ! Jesus Christ is Lord! Thomas exclaimed, My Lord and My God! Yes. He is! Jesus Christ is Lord and God.

Goodnight, HaShev.

hmmmmm...we are told gd is not a man so What Jeremiah claims for her idol is not only mistaken but nonsense...He is her holy " mess" not messiah but hey rolling my eyes she claims everything for him even though claiming something does not make it so....Truly the only event here is like everyone knows wrestling is staged and fake and so is the claims held by those who push their idol Jesus...

God is a man. He is the Man of Holiness. He is an exalted man. We are his offspring and were created in the very image and likeness of him.

Genesis 1:26-27
26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

just as Adam created Seth in his own image and likeness

Genesis 5:1-3
1 This is the book of the generations of Adam. In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made he him;
2 Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.
3 And Adam lived an hundred and thirty years, and begat a son in his own likeness, after his image; and called his name Seth:

Acts 17:28-29
28 For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.
29 Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man’s device.

Hebrews 12:9
9 Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?

Luke 24:36-43
36 And as they thus spake, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.
37 But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit.
38 And he said unto them, Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts?
39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.
40 And when he had thus spoken, he shewed them his hands and his feet.
41 And while they yet believed not for joy, and wondered, he said unto them, Have ye here any meat?
42 And they gave him a piece of a broiled fish, and of an honeycomb.
43 And he took it, and did eat before them.

Hebrews 1:2-3
2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

God is a man. He is the Man of Holiness. He is an exalted man. We are his offspring and were created in the very image and likeness of him.

26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

1 This is the book of the generations of Adam. In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made he him;
2 Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.
3 And Adam lived an hundred and thirty years, and begat a son in his own likeness, after his image; and called his name Seth:

28 For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.
29 Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man’s device.

9 Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?

36 And as they thus spake, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.
37 But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit.
38 And he said unto them, Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts?
39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.
41 And while they yet believed not for joy, and wondered, he said unto them, Have ye here any meat?

2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;
Maybe you should EDUCATE yourself and stop quoting the Hebrew bible that had nothing to do with you or your man god
Why Jews Don't Believe In Jesus

Last edited:

Maybe you should EDUCATE yourself and stop quoting the Hebrew bible that had nothing to do with you or your man god
Why Jews Don't Believe In Jesus

Alright, Guno. Let's be nice. OneFour1 has his thoughts to share and we can all be respectful to him. You do not like it when people are disrespectful to you. We know you are Jewish. Jesus was Jewish too. As for your link - Jews don't believe in Jesus? Not true. There are approximately 1 million Jewish born again Believers that know Jesus Christ as Yeshua HaMashiah right now as I write this post.

Granted you do not know Jesus as your Messiah (yet) but neither is your life over yet either. Faith cometh by hearing the Word of God. Keep reading.

hmmmmm...we are told gd is not a man so What Jeremiah claims for her idol is not only mistaken but nonsense...He is her holy " mess" not messiah but hey rolling my eyes she claims everything for him even though claiming something does not make it so....Truly the only event here is like everyone knows wrestling is staged and fake and so is the claims held by those who push their idol Jesus...
Shimon. You're Jewish and a descendant of Aaron. HaShev is a Kohenim. Both of you have been blessed by G-d. There is a veil now and you do not see but one day you will, Shimon. I believe that by faith. In the meantime? I pray God's blessings over your life and HaShev that Jesus Christ will reveal Himself to you as your Messiah. Then you will have your hand over your mouth weeping Lord, forgive me and He will forgive you because He loves you so very much. What you guys say has been said in ignorance. But seek the Lord early and you shall find Him.

Jeremiah you are mistaken on many accounts....I am not a descendent of Aaron but i am a descendent of Levi making me a Levime from my fathers side....My mothers side is through king David . I have a five hundred page book authenticating it... But quite frankly that is not important what is important is your mistaken belief that both Michael and I will ever accept your idol as our Lord....This is an imposibility as we both know far too much about the deceptions that are pushed about him and the many lies plus the fact we worship the gd of Abraham Isaac and Jacob and cannot be fooled into following another gd ...It is truly humorous of you to even attempt to sway us given all we have shown you and others.... and the main event coming will leave egg of your face when your idol fails to show....

Jeremiah you are mistaken on many accounts....I am not a descendent of Aaron but i am a descendent of Levi making me a Levime from my fathers side....My mothers side is through king David . I have a five hundred page book authenticating it... But quite frankly that is not important what is important is your mistaken belief that both Michael and I will ever accept your idol as our Lord....This is an imposibility as we both know far too much about the deceptions that are pushed about him and the many lies plus the fact we worship the gd of Abraham Isaac and Jacob and cannot be fooled into following another gd ...It is truly humorous of you to even attempt to sway us given all we have shown you and others.... and the main event coming will leave egg of your face when your idol fails to show....
Well, it is important and I had forgotten what you told me so thank you for reminding me. I appreciate it, Shimon. As for you and Michael never accepting Jesus Christ as the Messiah. Are you telling me that if you found out and knew for certain that Jesus Christ was the Messiah - the LORD - that you would reject Him because you're more concerned about losing the praise of man than the praise of God? Are you really telling me that, Shimon? I do not believe it. I believe if you and Michael knew for certain Jesus was the Messiah you'd believe upon Him in an instant.

Forum List

Back