The Lord is mentioned in the Constitution

Why does this even matter? The FF also understood or at least seemed to understand that if religious whack jobs got into Government they could write laws that give power to the church... hence the amendment that strips out Government of being able to do so.

This whole argument stems from religious crazy’s wanting to claim we are “Christian nation” when in fact we are all just Americans with the freedom to hold any or no religious beliefs. That is the polar opposite of a “Christian nation,” by literal definition.

I doubt one in 1 hundred Christians honestly believe they lead a good Christian life.

I haven't said anything about America being a Christian nation It's just built on that foundation. It was here in this land long before America became a nation and not much other Religion had any influence on the building of this nation. Other than judeo christian belief's

It's where the argument comes from, otherwise why should you care about God being in the constitution, when "God" is not found anywhere in the constitution... Unless you can give me a direct quote of the three letter work spelled "God."

/owned

/thread

/good luck, I'm out of this nutty religion pushing bullshit thread.

This thread should be in CT or religion area, not politics.

Why does this even matter? The FF also understood or at least seemed to understand that if religious whack jobs got into Government they could write laws that give power to the church... hence the amendment that strips out Government of being able to do so.

This whole argument stems from religious crazy’s wanting to claim we are “Christian nation” when in fact we are all just Americans with the freedom to hold any or no religious beliefs. That is the polar opposite of a “Christian nation,” by literal definition.

I doubt one in 1 hundred Christians honestly believe they lead a good Christian life.

I haven't said anything about America being a Christian nation It's just built on that foundation. It was here in this land long before America became a nation and not much other Religion had any influence on the building of this nation. Other than judeo christian belief's

It's where the argument comes from, otherwise why should you care about God being in the constitution, when "God" is not found anywhere in the constitution... Unless you can give me a direct quote of the three letter work spelled "God."

/owned

/thread

The LORD is written in the Constitution it is also another name some people call God. The Lord God The Lord Jehovah

/owned

/thread

The LORD is written in the Constitution it is also another name some people call God. The Lord God The Lord Jehovah

And you faild. Bye.

/owned

/thread

And you faild. Bye.
That's what I thought. But do you really think that I care if you discuss this thread or not? No I really don't.

For those who argue that God or the Lord is not mention in the Constitution well here you go.

Article. VII.

The Ratification of the Conventions of nine States, shall be sufficient for the Establishment of this Constitution between the States so ratifying the Same.

The Word, "the," being interlined between the seventh and eighth Lines of the first Page, the Word "Thirty" being partly written on an Erazure in the fifteenth Line of the first Page, The Words "is tried" being interlined between the thirty second and thirty third Lines of the first Page and the Word "the" being interlined between the forty third and forty fourth Lines of the second Page.

Attest William Jackson Secretary

done in Convention by the Unanimous Consent of the States present the Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven and of the Independance of the United States of America the Twelfth In witness whereof We have hereunto subscribed our Names,
Transcript of the Constitution of the United States - Official Text

And that is EXACTLY why we need to stone adulterers!

Lord - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Lord" is used as a title of deference for various gods or deities. The earliest recorded use of Lord in the English language in a religious context was by English Bible translators such as Bede. It was widely used in the King James Bible translated in the 17th century.

Judaism: the Hebrew name YHWH (the Tetragrammaton) is usually rendered "LORD" in English language Old Testament bibles.[9][10] Following practice in spoken Hebrew, the complete Septuagint mainly used the Greek word Kyrios (Greek: Κύριος, meaning 'lord') to translate YHWH.
Islam: The English term Lord is often used to translate the Arabic term rabb, used with respect to Allah.
Hinduism: In Hindu theology, The Svayam Bhagavan may refer to the concept of the Absolute representation of the monotheistic God. Another name used more commonly used in Hindu theology is Ishvara, meaning "The Lord", the personal god consisting of the holy trinity of Brahma, Vishnu, and Shiva.
Semitic religions: Other deities given corresponding appellations to "Lord" include:
Baal, or Hadad, among the Caananites and most pre-monotheistic religion Semites was "The Lord" with whom only priests were allowed to speak. References to Baal in the Hebrew Bible, such as the prophet Elijah's confrontation with Baal's priests, usually correspond to local gods rather than to Hadad.
Bel meaning 'Lord' is a common title of the Babylonian deity Marduk.
En meaning 'Lord' as in Sumerian deities Enki and Enlil.
Buddhism: it refers to the Buddha and in Jainism to the Mahavira.
Nahuatl: the word 'Ahau' is translated as 'Lord' in reference to Aztec deities.
Classical Greece: The name of the Greek god Adonis is regarded by many as a cognate of the Hebrew word for "lord", Adonai.
Mormonism: it is believed that Jesus Christ was the YHVH (Jehovah) of the Old Testament in his pre-mortal existence, and since that name is translated "The Lord" in the King James Bible, in Mormonism "The Lord" refers to Jesus Christ, while Elohim, the being that created the cosmos, is referred to as "God". (See Mormon cosmology for references)
Wicca: the Wiccan God is often referred to as 'The Lord' and the Wiccan Goddess as 'The Lady', or in the combination 'Lord and Lady' (in this form, the definite article "the" is usually omitted), usually in reference to a mythological pairing such as Cernunos and Cerridwen, Lucifer and Diana (as in Stregheria, sometimes along with their daughter, Aradia, for whom alternate titles applied, such as 'Holy Pilgrimess' or 'Holy Sister'), Hades and Persephone, and so forth. Some Wiccans such as Gerald Gardner taught that there is another pantheistic Deity above these two which he called by the Aristotlean name the Prime Mover; Patricia Crowther uses the term "Dryghten", an Old English name for The Lord to refer to this Deity; while Starhawk uses the name Star Goddess to describe the being that created the cosmos. (See Wiccan views of divinity for references)

Man I'm owning you so hard I just can't stop.

Lord is a deferential appellation[2] for a person or deity who has authority, control, or power over others; a master, chief, or ruler.

It means what you want. You're a religious nut. /done.

Since the founders where breaking away from being subjects of the crown and those human lords of England do you honestly think they were talking about a human lord?

Which is EXACTLY why we need to round up these unbelievers and chastise them mightily.

I often direct my wife and children to address me as Lord, but they usually just mutter some curse, so instead I asked the 18 month old granddaughter, the apple of grandpa's eye and sure enough, she confirmed it, I am a Lord. Now what? Any kingdoms open out there in need of a newly appointed lord?

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/The-Godless-Constitution-Defense-Secular/dp/0393328376/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8]Amazon.com: The Godless Constitution: A Moral Defense of the Secular State (9780393328370): Isaac Kramnick, R. Laurence Moore: Books[/ame]

"Kramnick and Moore begin their 'moral defense' with a close examination of the historical/cultural context in which the Constitution was written. According to their ample evidence, it was not an oversight that no mention of God or Christ was made in the Constitution. Rather, it was the explicit intention of the chief authors - Madison and, by proxy, Jefferson - to create a secular government. Revisionist and politically-motivated polemicists in recent years have attempted to assert that the Founding Fathers were not at all committed to a "wall of separation" but rather just assumed that America was and forever would be an explicitly Christian nation. The authors write: "It is not true that the founders designed a Christian commonwealth, which was then eroded by secular humanists and liberals; the reverse is true. The framers erected a godless federal constitutional structure, which was then undermined as God entered the first U.S. currency in 1863, then the federal mail service in 1912, and finally the Pledge of Allegiance in 1954.""

Last edited:
Lord is a deferential appellation[2] for a person or deity who has authority, control, or power over others; a master, chief, or ruler.

It means what you want. You're a religious nut. /done.

Since the founders where breaking away from being subjects of the crown and those human lords of England do you honestly think they were talking about a human lord?

I honestly don't care. They gave it as a reference of time, like it's 12 o'clock.

As for the religion they gave it no other mention and no power. They never said God, or Christian God or nothing. You WANT it to be about God so badly that you look over the obvious positions the FF took to make it in fact NOT about God.

Don't you find it odd that these FF's that were super Godly according to you did something that has never been done before in the history of mankind? They actually stripped the Government it's power to favor a religion... Think about that for 1 second if that is even possible for your brainwashed ass.

Oh, and get this… You talk about what the FF were breaking away from but forget to mention RELIGIOUS prosecution.

SHOCKING!

Last edited:

"Lord" is used as a title of deference for various gods or deities. The earliest recorded use of Lord in the English language in a religious context was by English Bible translators such as Bede. It was widely used in the King James Bible translated in the 17th century.

Judaism: the Hebrew name YHWH (the Tetragrammaton) is usually rendered "LORD" in English language Old Testament bibles.[9][10] Following practice in spoken Hebrew, the complete Septuagint mainly used the Greek word Kyrios (Greek: Κύριος, meaning 'lord') to translate YHWH.
Islam: The English term Lord is often used to translate the Arabic term rabb, used with respect to Allah.
Hinduism: In Hindu theology, The Svayam Bhagavan may refer to the concept of the Absolute representation of the monotheistic God. Another name used more commonly used in Hindu theology is Ishvara, meaning "The Lord", the personal god consisting of the holy trinity of Brahma, Vishnu, and Shiva.
Semitic religions: Other deities given corresponding appellations to "Lord" include:
Baal, or Hadad, among the Caananites and most pre-monotheistic religion Semites was "The Lord" with whom only priests were allowed to speak. References to Baal in the Hebrew Bible, such as the prophet Elijah's confrontation with Baal's priests, usually correspond to local gods rather than to Hadad.
Classical Greece: The name of the Greek god Adonis is regarded by many as a cognate of the Hebrew word for "lord", Adonai.
Mormonism: it is believed that Jesus Christ was the YHVH (Jehovah) of the Old Testament in his pre-mortal existence, and since that name is translated "The Lord" in the King James Bible, in Mormonism "The Lord" refers to Jesus Christ, while Elohim, the being that created the cosmos, is referred to as "God". (See Mormon cosmology for references)
Wicca: the Wiccan God is often referred to as 'The Lord' and the Wiccan Goddess as 'The Lady', or in the combination 'Lord and Lady' (in this form, the definite article "the" is usually omitted), usually in reference to a mythological pairing such as Cernunos and Cerridwen, Lucifer and Diana (as in Stregheria, sometimes along with their daughter, Aradia, for whom alternate titles applied, such as 'Holy Pilgrimess' or 'Holy Sister'), Hades and Persephone, and so forth. Some Wiccans such as Gerald Gardner taught that there is another pantheistic Deity above these two which he called by the Aristotlean name the Prime Mover; Patricia Crowther uses the term "Dryghten", an Old English name for The Lord to refer to this Deity; while Starhawk uses the name Star Goddess to describe the being that created the cosmos. (See Wiccan views of divinity for references)

Fair enough But I did say this country was built on judeo christian roots. And could you give me some reference to what founders might have had some teaching of those other religions that you mentioned that they would have used the name Lord in any other way than talking about God?

I often direct my wife and children to address me as Lord, but they usually just mutter some curse, so instead I asked the 18 month old granddaughter, the apple of grandpa's eye and sure enough, she confirmed it, I am a Lord. Now what? Any kingdoms open out there in need of a newly appointed lord?

Amazon.com: The Godless Constitution: A Moral Defense of the Secular State (9780393328370): Isaac Kramnick, R. Laurence Moore: Books

"Kramnick and Moore begin their 'moral defense' with a close examination of the historical/cultural context in which the Constitution was written. According to their ample evidence, it was not an oversight that no mention of God or Christ was made in the Constitution. Rather, it was the explicit intention of the chief authors - Madison and, by proxy, Jefferson - to create a secular government. Revisionist and politically-motivated polemicists in recent years have attempted to assert that the Founding Fathers were not at all committed to a "wall of separation" but rather just assumed that America was and forever would be an explicitly Christian nation. The authors write: "It is not true that the founders designed a Christian commonwealth, which was then eroded by secular humanists and liberals; the reverse is true. The framers erected a godless federal constitutional structure, which was then undermined as God entered the first U.S. currency in 1863, then the federal mail service in 1912, and finally the Pledge of Allegiance in 1954.""

No one is forcing you to believe in anything. But the fact is the LORD is mentioned and it was our LORD and his year that was specified.

Hmm.....let's ask Thomas Jefferson who was actually there.....

Thomas Jefferson quotes

OH Thomas Jefferson? Do you mean the same Thomas Jefferson the wrote The Virginia Act For Establishing Religious Freedom That start like this:

Well aware that Almighty God hath created the mind free; that all attempts to influence it by temporal punishments or burdens, or by civil incapacitations, tend only to beget habits of hypocrisy and meanness, and are a departure from the plan of the Holy Author of our religion, who being Lord both of body and mind, yet chose not to propagate it by coercions on either, as was in his Almighty power to do; that the impious presumption of legislators and rulers

The Virginia Act For Establishing Religious Freedom - Religious Freedom Page
do you mean that Thomas Jefferson? OH and he also used the LORD IN REFERENCE.

You mean the Thomas Jefferson who wrote to James Madison?

Dude, I have this ripe young black chick, Sally, doing things to me at night that make me see God!

Thomas Jefferson: An Intimate History

Last edited:

Fair enough But I did say this country was built on judeo christian roots. And could you give me some reference to what founders might have had some teaching of those other religions that you mentioned that they would have used the name Lord in any other way than talking about God?

It's the fucking time dude... It has been said millions of times. You WANT there to be more, that is all. You are digging and digging so hard.

It's not that I don't believe, it's that I fear if I went to church that God would disown me. "You people" care more about your club than the message. You care more about scoring points than the message.

Upon this rock I build my church.

The religion I see out there today is everything Jesus was agaisnt. "You people" want power, power in numbers, power through respect. Just live your own life, don't try and control everyone else's.

Forum List

Back