The Lord is mentioned in the Constitution

People say God or the LORD which also refers to God many times in the Bible is not mentioned in the Constitution Well here it is.

I don't beleive in the Christian/Muslim/Jewish God. Does that mean every time I use 2012 or any date I'm actually affirming a beleif in God?

No one is forcing you to believe in anything. But the fact is the LORD is mentioned and it was our LORD and his year that was specified.

Personally I think it is very telling of the authors that they only mention the Lord once.

Of course.... this silly notion of government free of any mention or reference to God is liberal revisionism.... it is simply a lie.

The founders only sought to avoid situations like state sanctioned religion and the persecution by the state of certain religions, not government free of all things religious.

Of course.... this silly notion of government free of any mention or reference to God is liberal revisionism.... it is simply a lie.

The founders only sought to avoid situations like state sanctioned religion and the persecution by the state of certain religions, not government free of all things religious.

Exactly

I don't beleive in the Christian/Muslim/Jewish God. Does that mean every time I use 2012 or any date I'm actually affirming a beleif in God?

No one is forcing you to believe in anything. But the fact is the LORD is mentioned and it was our LORD and his year that was specified.

Personally I think it is very telling of the authors that they only mention the Lord once.
Once was enough. The Lord is not like Human government that keeps the need of repetitive mentioning's.

People say God or the LORD which also refers to God many times in the Bible is not mentioned in the Constitution Well here it is.

Hmm.....let's ask Thomas Jefferson who was actually there.....

Millions of innocent men, women and children, since the introduction of Christianity, have been burnt, tortured, fined and imprisoned; yet we have not advanced one inch towards uniformity.
-Thomas Jefferson, Notes on Virginia, 1782

Christianity neither is, nor ever was a part of the common law.
-Thomas Jefferson, letter to Dr. Thomas Cooper, February 10, 1814

Millions of innocent men, women and children, since the introduction of Christianity, have been burnt, tortured, fined and imprisoned; yet we have not advanced one inch towards uniformity.

Thomas Jefferson quotes

Well, that clinches it. We must be a Christian Nation after all. When are we going to spend more time healing the sick and caring for the poor?

It doesn't seem very "Christian" to spend more on war than anything else.

Don't be Butt hurt

I think that means "tough shit, they're on their own, praise God."

Something like that.

It doesn't specify which Lord they are referring to?

It very simple to understand what LORD they were talking about. What was the predominant Religion of the Founders of America? How many of the Founders were muslin?

Anyone with a brief education in history would understand this.....

They taught us this when I was in the 7th grade in a public school...

We learned how religion played roles in our founding fathers lives and how religion may have influenced their ethics as individuals....

Thomas Jefferson quotes

Maybe we can discuss Mr. Adams, who actually references the constitution in my sig line....

:eusa_boohoo:

Thomas Jefferson quotes

OH Thomas Jefferson? Do you mean the same Thomas Jefferson the wrote The Virginia Act For Establishing Religious Freedom That start like this:

Well aware that Almighty God hath created the mind free; that all attempts to influence it by temporal punishments or burdens, or by civil incapacitations, tend only to beget habits of hypocrisy and meanness, and are a departure from the plan of the Holy Author of our religion, who being Lord both of body and mind, yet chose not to propagate it by coercions on either, as was in his Almighty power to do; that the impious presumption of legislators and rulers

The Virginia Act For Establishing Religious Freedom - Religious Freedom Page
do you mean that Thomas Jefferson? OH and he also used the LORD IN REFERENCE.

Last edited:

It very simple to understand what LORD they were talking about. What was the predominant Religion of the Founders of America? How many of the Founders were muslin?

They sure as HELL weren't talking about the 'House of Lords' or King George III in England.

They sure as HELL weren't talking about the 'House of Lords' or King George III in England.

You just have to pause for a second and scratch your head and wonder how some people can actually justify their thought process and the founding fathers

You just have to pause for a second and scratch your head and wonder how some people can actually justify their thought process and the founding fathers

It's so simple, and right before them...easy language to understand...but still denied. Even in the DOI...(which is codified BY the Constitution), talks at length about God and affairs of men.

The deniers have a problem with powers beyond thier understanding. They're afraid of it, and therefore MUST deny it. Only explination I have my friend.

:dunno:

8NWA

Forum List

Back