The Left's Jamaican-Indian-American Vice President Now Identifies as Jewish

Come on man!

Please explain why this matters to any else. She married a Jewish man and is part of a Jewish family. What religion she wishes to practice is her own business as long as she doesn't try to force her beliefs on anyone else using her power as vice president.

i think they are trying to say she is a very plastic person....

Come on man!

Please explain why this matters to any else. She married a Jewish man and is part of a Jewish family. What religion she wishes to practice is her own business as long as she doesn't try to force her beliefs on anyone else using her power as vice president.

i think they are trying to say she is a very plastic person....

This current outbreak of fussing about somebody's religion, unless they are deliberately using it to interfere with others, is extremely detrimental to our society. I don't know Vice President Harris' religious background, but she loves and is married to a Jewish man, and she has every right to embrace the fundamental concepts of Judaism if she wishes. There is no need for any person to be locked into the doctrines of any organized sect. Each sect is a club created by humans, not a straight-jacket. Living a spiritual life necessarily involves wandering and exploring and taking in every bit of wisdom that one finds from any human source. It is fluid, and there is a big world out there.

It wouldn't justify that reaction, but it would be understandable at least initially, given that she'd be a terrible representative of that group.
Under Jewish law, you are only a Jew if your Mother was a Jew or you formally convert.
I've often heard that Jews actually discourage conversion, which is the opposite of most faiths.

Conversion to Judaism is a lengthy process of study and evaluation. If you're not going into it for the right reasons, you won't make it.

It wouldn't justify that reaction, but it would be understandable at least initially, given that she'd be a terrible representative of that group.
Under Jewish law, you are only a Jew if your Mother was a Jew or you formally convert.
I've often heard that Jews actually discourage conversion, which is the opposite of most faiths.

Conversion to Judaism is a lengthy process of study and evaluation. If you're not going into it for the right reasons, you won't make it.

I, raised Christian, have had serious doubts about various aspects of the Christian faith, which have been exacerbated by the behavior of Christians in past centuries and currently. Years ago, I had a boss who was Jewish and once told me that I was really Jewish but just didn't know it yet. I have wrestled with the idea that the Jewish faith is a fallback position for disaffected Christians, some sort of a "quick fix." But it's not. This is somewhat insulting. I think that Judaism is a separate faith and one must understand and accept the basic tenets of the Jewish faith, rather than it being a sort of homeless shelter.

One seeks wisdom. Quite frankly, if I had a definite moral quandary, I'd rather discuss it with Rabbi David Wolpe than any other religious leader except Archbishop (ret) John Shelby Spong and the Dalai Lama.

Come on man!

There is clearly no limit to the right’s fear, ignorance, bigotry, and hate.

I never saw hate until President Trump was elected

Nothing compared to RW's hatred of Obama, RW's wanted him impeached for wearing a tan suit or god forbid, mustard on a hamburger,

Normal people hate lying, bloviating, tax dodging, self described "geniuses", that are dumber than a box of hamers
Why do RW's embracing them?

Come on man!

There is clearly no limit to the right’s fear, ignorance, bigotry, and hate.

I never saw hate until President Trump was elected

Nothing compared to RW's hatred of Obama, RW's wanted him impeached for wearing a tan suit or god forbid, mustard on a hamburger,

Normal people hate lying, bloviating, tax dodging, self described "geniuses", that are dumber than a box of hamers
Why do RW's embracing them?

That's HAMMERS, for the spelling police.

I, raised Christian, have had serious doubts about various aspects of the Christian faith, which have been exacerbated by the behavior of Christians in past centuries and currently. Years ago, I had a boss who was Jewish and once told me that I was really Jewish but just didn't know it yet. I have wrestled with the idea that the Jewish faith is a fallback position for disaffected Christians, some sort of a "quick fix." But it's not. This is somewhat insulting. I think that Judaism is a separate faith and one must understand and accept the basic tenets of the Jewish faith, rather than it being a sort of homeless shelter.

One seeks wisdom. Quite frankly, if I had a definite moral quandary, I'd rather discuss it with Rabbi David Wolpe than any other religious leader except Archbishop (ret) John Shelby Spong and the Dalai Lama.
You need a shrink.

You need a shrink.

So you cannot think universally. You are stuck. I would encourage you to find some quiet place and just sit there and think.

The Last Supper was a seder, after all.

Actually, not. While it might very well have been a Pesach meal (your scripture is unclear on that), the earliest elements of what we now call Seder date from the 2nd Century CE.

Come on man!

this home wrecking twat has no power...anything out of that mouth, is probably white!!!!

That's close. Many rabbis. especially the Orthodox, try to discourage conversion because they don't want to convert someone who is not really sincere. Conversion to Judaism takes months and is difficult. They want someone who will stay the course and not quit. Jewish law forbids us to seek converts.

The Last Supper was a seder, after all.
Actually, not. While it might very well have been a Pesach meal (your scripture is unclear on that), the earliest elements of what we now call Seder date from the 2nd Century CE.
It was in effect the same meal, i.e. a commemoration of the Passover. That's the important part, IMO. When I went to Catholic school, that's how it was characterized, though you're right, the nuns never said "seder".

Forum List

Back