The Left's Jamaican-Indian-American Vice President Now Identifies as Jewish

I don't think many Jewish people would be proud to say she's Jewish, even if she is the acting VP. She's as unqualified as Biden is and Joe has dementia.

Come on man!

Please explain why this matters to any else. She married a Jewish man and is part of a Jewish family. What religion she wishes to practice is her own business as long as she doesn't try to force her beliefs on anyone else using her power as vice president.

i think they are trying to say she is a very plastic person....

This current outbreak of fussing about somebody's religion, unless they are deliberately using it to interfere with others, is extremely detrimental to our society. I don't know Vice President Harris' religious background, but she loves and is married to a Jewish man, and she has every right to embrace the fundamental concepts of Judaism if she wishes. There is no need for any person to be locked into the doctrines of any organized sect. Each sect is a club created by humans, not a straight-jacket. Living a spiritual life necessarily involves wandering and exploring and taking in every bit of wisdom that one finds from any human source. It is fluid, and there is a big world out there.

Whatever she is...she is. It is the policies that bother me. And the way where her views change so easily. We as Americans deserve better but elect what is pushed on us to much. The lower classes are going to pay out of the wazoo for this administration. And it only has just begun.

Come on man!

Please explain why this matters to any else. She married a Jewish man and is part of a Jewish family. What religion she wishes to practice is her own business as long as she doesn't try to force her beliefs on anyone else using her power as vice president.

I find it difficult to believe she actually believes anything.

Come on man!

I find it difficult to believe she actually believes anything.

well like it or not.....she may be our next president....

Nothing compared to RW's hatred of Obama, RW's wanted him impeached for wearing a tan suit or god forbid, mustard on a hamburger,

Don't you suppose that Obama's open, unabashed, expressed hatred toward the country that he was elected to lead, and toward our Constitution, and toward all the essential principles upon which this country was founded, his embrace of Marxist principles, his pandering to violent criminals, terrorists, and sexual perverts, his fraudulent misappropriation and waste of taxpayer funds; might have something to do with the distaste than many of us had for him?

It wouldn't justify that reaction, but it would be understandable at least initially, given that she'd be a terrible representative of that group.
Under Jewish law, you are only a Jew if your Mother was a Jew or you formally convert.
I've often heard that Jews actually discourage conversion, which is the opposite of most faiths.

Conversion to Judaism is a lengthy process of study and evaluation. If you're not going into it for the right reasons, you won't make it.

I, raised Christian, have had serious doubts about various aspects of the Christian faith, which have been exacerbated by the behavior of Christians in past centuries and currently. Years ago, I had a boss who was Jewish and once told me that I was really Jewish but just didn't know it yet. I have wrestled with the idea that the Jewish faith is a fallback position for disaffected Christians, some sort of a "quick fix." But it's not. This is somewhat insulting. I think that Judaism is a separate faith and one must understand and accept the basic tenets of the Jewish faith, rather than it being a sort of homeless shelter.

One seeks wisdom. Quite frankly, if I had a definite moral quandary, I'd rather discuss it with Rabbi David Wolpe than any other religious leader except Archbishop (ret) John Shelby Spong and the Dalai Lama.
Try this

Jewish law forbids us to seek converts.

And thank you for that! Christians try to convert everybody, including other Christians. So much of European history was full of lethal mayhem because of this unfortunate trait, not to mention how many non-Christians were killed on various continents.

Whatever she is...she is. It is the policies that bother me. And the way where her views change so easily.

The republicans' policies have been unacceptable for years as they went farther and farther to the right, culminating in the complete disaster that was the trump administration. It was repulsive to watch as people we thought were somewhat respectable said and did just about anything to suck up to trump after he got in.

Again, Harris has every right to conduct her spiritual life as she pleases.

Nothing compared to RW's hatred of Obama, RW's wanted him impeached for wearing a tan suit or god forbid, mustard on a hamburger,

Don't you suppose that Obama's open, unabashed, expressed hatred toward the country that he was elected to lead, and toward our Constitution, and toward all the essential principles upon which this country was founded, his embrace of Marxist principles, his pandering to violent criminals, terrorists, and sexual perverts, his fraudulent misappropriation and waste of taxpayer funds; might have something to do with the distaste than many of us had for him?
RW projection.
It wasn't Obama who wasted $152 million on golf.
It wasn't Obama who defended the Nazi worshippers in Charlottesville.
It wasn't Obama who defended insurrectionist.
It wasn't Obama that praised and defended N. Korea.
It wasn't Obama who took Putin's word over America.
It wasn't Obama who praised and wanted to be just like China:

March 2 2018

U.S. President Donald Trump praised Chinese President Xi Jinping Saturday after the ruling Communist party announced it was eliminating the two-term limit for the presidency, paving the way for Xi to serve indefinitely.

“He’s now president for life, president for life. And he’s great,” Trump said, according to audio of excerpts of Trump’s remarks at a closed-door fundraiser in Florida.
“And look, he was able to do that. I think it’s great. Maybe we’ll have to give that a shot someday,” Trump said to cheers and applause from supporters.
www.reuters.com › article › us-trump-china-idUSKCN1GG015

Forum List

Back