The left's fascination with junk science

Guess what?
Global Warming is a FACT
That's not the issue. It's whether human activity is causing it (evidence is shaky at best).
The entire world admits it
The only ones opposing the idea are Big Oil and American Conservatives
Well, when the solution is taxing the fuck out of everybody, we tend to suspect bullshit.

So, what is the solution, assuming you are correct about AGW (you're not)?
No, it doesn’t involve “taxing the fuck out of everyone”

It involves moving away from our commitment to Big Oil and relying more on alternative sources of energy.

Biden just approved the largest offshore windmill farm in the US. Are conservatives going to claim Windmill Cancer?
The sooner you accept the fact that human beings aren't capable of the level of cooperation required to alter the trajectory of Earth's Climate the happier you'll be.

Heck we can't even get the global "community" to cooperate on vaccine distribution and you think there's a more than a snowballs chance in Hell that the entire globe will get together on carbon emissions levels? Stopping drinking the Kool Aid and come back to reality, the climate's going wherever it's going to go and we're not going to do a damn thing to alter it.

It's whether human activity is causing it (evidence is shaky at best).
Silly lie. The evidence is conclusive and overwhelming. You know, the global scientific community gets together every few years to hash this out. They call it: IPCC. You should go read up a bit before commenting on this topic again.

Ah, yes, the IPCC's "hockey stick" diagram that turned out to be fake. That was a good one, hard to believe you fell for it.

The sooner you accept the fact that human beings aren't capable of the level of cooperation required to alter the trajectory of Earth's Climate the happier you'll be.
This is false, of course.
It appears that you're one of those individuals that find it far more comfortable living inside of a warm cocoon of partisan propaganda than dealing with the cold realities that exist on the outside of it.

Try not to be too disappointed when on your deathbed you find that the "debate" is still raging on what to do about global warming/climate change/<insert whatever they're going to be calling it in the next century here>, that is if the planet hasn't rid itself of our troublesome presence by then.

"You’ve been hoodwinked, bamboozled, run amuck!" -- Malcom X

Guess what?
Global Warming is a FACT
That's not the issue. It's whether human activity is causing it (evidence is shaky at best).
Well, when the solution is taxing the fuck out of everybody, we tend to suspect bullshit.

So, what is the solution, assuming you are correct about AGW (you're not)?
No, it doesn’t involve “taxing the fuck out of everyone”

It involves moving away from our commitment to Big Oil and relying more on alternative sources of energy.

Biden just approved the largest offshore windmill farm in the US. Are conservatives going to claim Windmill Cancer?

Heck we can't even get the global "community" to cooperate on vaccine distribution and you think there's a more than a snowballs chance in Hell that the entire globe will get together on carbon emissions levels? Stopping drinking the Kool Aid and come back to reality, the climate's going wherever it's going to go and we're not going to do a damn thing to alter it.
I think we could if there weren't so many conflicts of inter,,,,,um, money and cheap sequestered energy. That is I'd like to think we can but we better invest some in plan B, adaptation!

I've often wondered why Big Left buys in to just about any junk science claim, regardless of ludicrous it is, or how easily it can be disproved by actual science, as long as it is preached by someone with the proper lefty bona fides.

Excellent examples below include:

1. The anthropogenic global warming hoax.
2. Dubious health schemes like the value of organic foods and the left's unscientific jihad against GMOs.
3. The insane insistence that the Covid vaccine doesn't protect against transmission of the virus.
4. The left's jihad against nuclear electric power, despite it's safe and successful use in many other countries.
5. The left's belief in astrology, and their simultaneous rejection of religion.

The whole article is a good read, and a good insight into the fragility and strangeness of the lefty mind.

1. It's just science. I can see why it frightens you.
2. Good eating makes for good health. so go ahead and have that triple whopper, double fry, but make sure you get the diet coke.
3. Again, just science.
4. I give you Fukushima. As long as greedy capitalists are willing to cut corners on safety in return for profits then this will be a fight.
5. Astrology? Nancy Reagan was a YUUUUGE believer and in fact had a White House Astrologer at her beck and call.

WOW. 0 for 5!

But, it is funny that you people keep trying to demean the "left" while you surround yourself with morons, loons, liars, and traitors.

I often wonder if loonies like rightwinger leave out the "anthropogenic" part of AGW because they're intentionally lying, or because they're too stupid to understand what it means. In rightwinger's case, I'll accept either explanation.
Yes, it is manmade
Let's assume you are right (you're not). Doesn't NUCLEAR solve that problem?
Beats the hell out of coal

We could get Red States to accept nuclear waste for a few bucks, they don’t know any better

I've often wondered why Big Left buys in to just about any junk science claim, regardless of ludicrous it is, or how easily it can be disproved by actual science, as long as it is preached by someone with the proper lefty bona fides.

2. Dubious health schemes like the value of organic foods and the left's unscientific jihad against GMOs.
3. The insane insistence that the Covid vaccine doesn't protect against transmission of the virus.
4. The left's jihad against nuclear electric power, despite it's safe and successful use in many other countries.
5. The left's belief in astrology, and their simultaneous rejection of religion.

The whole article is a good read, and a good insight into the fragility and strangeness of the lefty mind.

2. Good eating makes for good health. so go ahead and have that triple whopper, double fry, but make sure you get the diet coke.
3. Again, just science.
4. I give you Fukushima. As long as greedy capitalists are willing to cut corners on safety in return for profits then this will be a fight.
5. Astrology? Nancy Reagan was a YUUUUGE believer and in fact had a White House Astrologer at her beck and call.

WOW. 0 for 5!

But, it is funny that you people keep trying to demean the "left" while you surround yourself with morons, loons, liars, and traitors.

Thank you for proving my point. Now, do tell how you believe paying higher taxes will change the weather.

I often wonder if loonies like rightwinger leave out the "anthropogenic" part of AGW because they're intentionally lying, or because they're too stupid to understand what it means. In rightwinger's case, I'll accept either explanation.
Yes, it is manmade

This is why we mock you. Now tell us how paying higher taxes will change the weather.
Who said anything about higher taxes?

Yes, it is manmade

This is why we mock you. Now tell us how paying higher taxes will change the weather.

You and every one of your DemoKKKrat collaborators.

Yes, it is manmade
Let's assume you are right (you're not). Doesn't NUCLEAR solve that problem?
Beats the hell out of coal
Then, why focus on inefficient technologies when nuclear is the clear, safe winner? We are, what, 35 years past the Chernobyl disaster, which can be largely blamed on communists using shitty materials and safeguards. It is the only current solution to fossil fuels.

Yes, it is manmade

That's always the solution government offers.

If we can get a constitutional amendment that government will not use AGW as a reason to raise taxes or create new taxes, maybe we can talk. Otherwise, it's an excuse to tax.

According to Conservatives, Junk Science includes...

Evolution
Cigarettes cause Cancer
Manmade Global Warming
COVID is a deadly virus

Guess what?
Global Warming is a FACT

Love it when I get the opportunity to remind the GW's how stupid they are.

1620760781899.png

3. Again, just science.

WOW. 0 for 5!

Thank you for proving my point. Now, do tell how you believe paying higher taxes will change the weather.
Ask your god.

Tis you making the stupid connect.
Explain the connection and I will explain the science.
Not that you are capable of understanding
But I am capable of explaining to say, a 6 year old.
Have you reached that level yet?
No?
Well you just keep trying you little stinkbug!

well proven. Only whimpering conspiracy losers say otherwise.

Mainly a right-wing thing now, as is antivaxxism. The two go hand-in-hand. Haven't you noticed the GMO conspiracies that are joined with antivaxxism?

What are you babbling about? Did the voices tell you this?

Nuclear is incredibly expensive. Non-cutlists know that. Cult pseudoscience freaks just ignore the financial aspect of things, because they think money grows on trees.

Again, what are you babbling about? It's generally Christian numbnuts who belief in both religion and astrology.

So, this thread would seem to be an illustration of how the weak right-wing mind is so easily fooled by propaganda.

Whether I agree with you or not isn't the issue here. The issue is you're arguments are all "because I said so" followed by insults and demoralizing speak.

If I knew nothing about any of the topics I surely wouldn't even consider you valid because you're responses have no discussion to them, no proof of claims, and it's all very immature sounding.

You do nothing but make your side of things seem childish and severely lacking in any real knowledge of which you speak.

All your responses might as well been "you're a poopiehead".

Oh come on, these are to be settled by good sense.
This has nothing to do with left or right politics.

1. There can be no doubt we add more than 50 trillion tons of carbon to the atmosphere, and that like glass in a greenhouse, that alters the frequency of the photonic light energy from the sun, converting more of it into vibratory heat energy.
2. No matter how little difference organic food is, it has to be better to let chickens actually scratch around in the dirt, instead of spending their whole lives in wire cages. Nor is there any way to ever know what harm GMOs can be doing. We do not know what the nucleotides in DNA do enough to be fooling around with them. It is highly dangerous. When you feed animals that we are going to eat, hormones that can alter growth, then we can be effected by them as well. That is just good common sense.
3. You are totally wrong on this one. How vaccines work is to help get the immune system aware of the covid virus do it can better fight it. That can never be instantaneous. You can be infected and test positive for days before the immune system even finds out you are infected. Immunity is not magic. It always takes time, so no matter how immune you are, you can always still get infected. All immunity does is make you asymptomatic.
4. But I agree with you that nuclear power is the way to go.
5. I reject astrology and religion both.

Indeed. Ask any lefty about how vaccinated people can still transmit Covid, or how global warming causes global cooling.

Geez, we get it.

You can't debate any liberal on any topic, so you just make stupid shit up.

That's not news, and there's no need to keep reinforcing the point.

Tell me you don't believe vaccinated people can still transmit Covid.

Of course they can.
If they touch where someone sneezed, and touch someone else, then they can transmit it without any opportunity for your immune system to get involved.

Forum List

Back