The Kids Are Alright

Unkotare

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2011
A quick survey of seniors in one of my classes shows that they all have pretty concrete plans post-graduation. A few going into the military, one has a job lined up at a bank, a couple going to work for a brother/uncle's company, quite a few planning on working and taking classes at a community college for a couple of years, some of them hoping to transfer to a four-year college after that. One planning on training to become a pilot. Only two going directly into a four-year college in September.

The point is that they all have an idea where they are going, and feel prepared to get there.

A quick survey of seniors in one of my classes shows that they all have pretty concrete plans post-graduation. A few going into the military, one has a job lined up at a bank, a couple going to work for a brother/uncle's company, quite a few planning on working and taking classes at a community college for a couple of years, some of them hoping to transfer to a four-year college after that. One planning on training to become a pilot. Only two going directly into a four-year college in September.

The point is that they all have an idea where they are going, and feel prepared to get there.
I'm sure you helped

Tell me, and this kind of a joke.........................What if ALL YOUR STUDENTS COULD READ YOUR POSTS HERE....LOL

damned caps

Mommy and the Government will take care of us.

Think most feel entitled to take government checks and ask mommy and daddy for money now. Don't get me wrong, I hope that your class is better prepared emotional and morally than the millennials.

???

Your comments seem entirely unrelated to the OP.

Unk, would you post your daily classroom schedule? I'd like to see what the children are learning about these days...

I currently teach three periods of the higher level ESL, and one period of Psychology for our early college program. I may take on a US History course if the school opens up another class to take some of the pressure off class sizes. I then teach a college writing course at another location in the city when it's not wrestling season. When that is done, I do additional freelance writing jobs from home in the evenings.

Forum List

Back