The Justice Department Blocked AT&T from Gobbling up T-Mobile

AT&T has one of the worst customer service rating in US, where as T-Mobile has one of the best. As a T-Mobile customer, I want T-Moble to be T-Mobile.
Also, in a capitalistic economy, competition is good and favors the consumer.

T-Mobile is struggling, at& t has committed to adding 5000 jobs and investing 4 billion in infrastructure to bring them both up to parity and snuff.

You do know that T Mobile is owned by Deutsche Telekom right? And that they have stopped spending for the last 2 years in capital expenditures for T Mobile and keep it competitive? They gave up on it.

Haven't read enough about this decision to judge whether it makes sense.

I think we all agree that monopolies aren't to our benefit generally, but as to whether is merger would have created a too powerful combine in communications I cannot say.

there is no decision yet, Holder's Antitrust Division filed yesterday to stop it.

well, its final.

The FCC says no dice. Unreal.

They are number 2 and T mobile is a sliding fast no.4. The feds said the merger would "enhance AT&T's market power", uhm yes thank you Captain Obvious, thats whjy most co's merge, to leverage up.

The question is, does it skew the field or harm competition? No, it doesn't and the FCC didn't even attmept to make that case really.

Half the reason we are even discussing this is becasue bandwidth is scare and a spectrum allocation/re-allocation auction has been a 'need to do' for a decade, BUT the feds cannot get their act together and just get it done.

Just wait till they get their hands into the Net....unreal.

* DECEMBER 5, 2011

Dropped Call? Blame the FCC
Regulators quash a merger that AT&T needs to improve its wireless service in congested areas.

Crovitz: Dropped Call? Blame the FCC - WSJ.com

well, its final.

The FCC says no dice. Unreal.

They are number 2 and T mobile is a sliding fast no.4. The feds said the merger would "enhance AT&T's market power", uhm yes thank you Captain Obvious, thats whjy most co's merge, to leverage up.

The question is, does it skew the field or harm competition? No, it doesn't and the FCC didn't even attmept to make that case really.

Half the reason we are even discussing this is becasue bandwidth is scare and a spectrum allocation/re-allocation auction has been a 'need to do' for a decade, BUT the feds cannot get their act together and just get it done.

Just wait till they get their hands into the Net....unreal.

* DECEMBER 5, 2011

Dropped Call? Blame the FCC
Regulators quash a merger that AT&T needs to improve its wireless service in congested areas.

Crovitz: Dropped Call? Blame the FCC - WSJ.com

Absolutely unreal! Here's the ironic part. AT&T even offered to move 5000 jobs back to the US that have been offshored by T-Mobile. T-Mobile is owned by a German company that wants to get out of the American Market.

i'm sorry america has standards..If you dont like our standards feel free to move to china.
Just dont complain when you get sick from the toothpaste

No, the problem is that we have unreasonable standards, but the chinese have no standards. So companies (like the one I work for) just find it easier to move my JOB (not me) to China. But I've got standards, man. That's the important thing!

As for the toothpaste, the toothpaste ends up here, anyway. Usually in a dollar store.

I think I'd rather have a job than unreasonable standards like "You didn't properly document your forklift training, so we are going to hit you with a $50,000 fine."

till that forklift goes nuts, cuts off your arm and you sue.

Then some dipshit, atheist government bureaucrat will demand an exorcism be performed on said forklift.........

Also, in a capitalistic economy, competition is good and favors the consumer.

I agree. Then again, in a capitalist society isn't the government supposed to stay out of the affairs of private business? I'm always torn about things like this. What is the criteria that the government uses to make these kinds of decisions?

No, the problem is that we have unreasonable standards, but the chinese have no standards. So companies (like the one I work for) just find it easier to move my JOB (not me) to China. But I've got standards, man. That's the important thing!

As for the toothpaste, the toothpaste ends up here, anyway. Usually in a dollar store.

I think I'd rather have a job than unreasonable standards like "You didn't properly document your forklift training, so we are going to hit you with a $50,000 fine."

till that forklift goes nuts, cuts off your arm and you sue.

Then some dipshit, atheist government bureaucrat will demand an exorcism be performed on said forklift.........

Demonically possessed forklifts, who knew?

Forum List

Back