The Juneteenth Holiday- a bit too far?

Is there a point here to dispute that it was made a holiday by virtue signalers?
I don't have a problem with celebrating the end of slavery. Why would I.
It is something America can be proud of, being the first nation to ACTUALLY abolish slavery.
European countries love to tout they abolished slavery 100s of years earlier... but that is a joke. That was on paper only.
America is the first nation to totally and ACTUALLY abolish slavery that set the stage to end slavery for real throughout Europe.
But that doesn't change the fact this holiday was made national by virtue signalers to virtue signal.
And when do you think slavery was actually abolished?

It was celebrated in Texas for over a century before becoming an official state holiday in 1979.

Blacks have TWO FUCKING MONTHS of "black".
Aside from being able to take other "black days" off from work without getting fired or penalized for it!?

Where's my WHITE days off I can take without getting fired or penalized?
:206: :206: :206:

Nobody celebrated Juneteenth. No one.
It is a fabricated holiday by the virtue signalers to provide yet another platform to virtue signal on.

Early celebrations date to 1866, at first involving church-centered community gatherings in Texas. They spread across the South and became more commercialized in the 1920s and 1930s, often centering on a food festival. Participants in the Great Migration brought these celebrations to the rest of the country. During the Civil Rights Movement of the 1960s, these celebrations were eclipsed by the nonviolent determination to achieve civil rights, but grew in popularity again in the 1970s with a focus on African American freedom and African-American arts. Beginning with Texas by proclamation in 1938, and by legislation in 1979, every U.S. state and the District of Columbia has formally recognized the holiday in some way. Juneteenth is celebrated by the Mascogos, descendants of Black Seminoles who escaped from slavery in 1852 and settled in Coahuila, Mexico.

Is there a point here to dispute that it was made a holiday by virtue signalers?
I don't have a problem with celebrating the end of slavery. Why would I.
It is something America can be proud of, being the first nation to ACTUALLY abolish slavery.
European countries love to tout they abolished slavery 100s of years earlier... but that is a joke. That was on paper only.
America is the first nation to totally and ACTUALLY abolish slavery that set the stage to end slavery for real throughout Europe.
But that doesn't change the fact this holiday was made national by virtue signalers to virtue signal.

The point is, you made the claim that no one celebrated Juneteenth. You said, "Nobody celebrated Juneteenth. No one."

You were wrong. I was pointing out your ignorance. You're welcome.

And now we do……
We call it Juneteenth
yeah... uh huh.
All I am saying is it was made a holiday by liberals to virtue signal.

True story - a local bank here for the first time is closed for Juneteenth.
It is not a paid holiday, as the board said they are not going to increase the number of paid holidays.
So - employees either choose to go without pay, or use a PTO. Saving the company $100,000s of dollars in wages. And costing the employees $100,000s. Of which, are at least 95% white.
Hilarious.

yeah... uh huh.

It is not a paid holiday, as the board said they are not going to increase the number of paid holidays.
So - employees either choose to go without pay, or use a PTO. Saving the company $100,000s of dollars in wages. And costing the employees $100,000s. Of which, are at least 95% white.
Hilarious.

Ending slavery is a “virtue”?

Conservatives had the same gripe about making MLK day a holiday.
They considered it just holiday to appease blacks.
Many still do

yeah... uh huh.

Hilarious.
Sounds like a problem with the board. But I guess it's easier to just whine, eh?

To be fair, this new holiday celebrates them for not knowing something.

Not a notable day, really.
Juneteenth. A day on which nothing whatsoever happened. It has a sort of Mad Hatter feel about it. Like celebrating an unbirthday.

Why MLK Day is so necessary

They are still out there

The purpose of MLK Day is to stick it to people who don't see the late minister as the pinnacle of human virtue?

Stupid reason for a holiday.

I guess that's a good reason to keep our paisan Chris Columbus' holiday too, as a lot of people don't like some of the things he did either?

The black people already have MLK's Birthday as a legal holiday, and now they are getting a 2nd.

But there are plenty of other ethnicities that don't have a single Legallly represented holiday. And some ethnically based holidays like the Italian people's Columbus Day are in danger of being abolished by Libtards.

Are 2 holidays too many for everyone to be black on? I'll be doing my best to celebrate Monday's festivities and eat some fried chicken and drink some malt liquor, maybe even wear my trousers in the sagging fashion.

But it it too much, as we already did that in January?

Some fallacies in your post. Columbus day is not a holiday for Italian people. It commemorates the discovery of the new world by Europeans. I might remind you that it was financed and made possible by Spain. I am in agreement with your point that legal holidays should be based on events that have made America great without regard to ethnicities. I believe that MLK, Juneteenth and Cesar Chavez day are pandering by the politicians.

Forum List

Back