The Juneteenth Holiday- a bit too far?

Celebrate it if you want, I'm talking about MANDATORY celebrations where government services aren't available because the clerks are getting paid to stay at home.
If we can get enough of those clearks on board to complain about being paid to stay home, I'll bet we can get something done about this.

It's a stupid name.

Call it Emancipation Day instead of something you expect to hear from a 2 year old.

The Emancipation Proclamation was on January 1, 1863, and government workers already get that date off every year.

The Emancipation Proclamation was on January 1, 1863, and government workers already get that date off every year.
But emancipation could not be enforced in all the states at that date. I don't have an issue with the holiday but the name is stupid

On June 19, 1865, Maj. Gen. Gordon Granger, who had fought for the Union, led a force of soldiers to Galveston, Texas, to deliver a very important message: The war was finally over, the Union had won, and it now had the manpower to enforce the end of slavery.

Blacks have TWO FUCKING MONTHS of "black".
Aside from being able to take other "black days" off from work without getting fired or penalized for it!?

Where's my WHITE days off I can take without getting fired or penalized?
I get it. You don't mind days off. You want even more. Wouldn't that piss off all those poor clearks that are being forced to get paid for staying home?

Why not close the banks and markets for Easter Monday, an important day for Polish citizens- where we celebrate Jesus H. Christ rising from the dead?

I tell you what, all you have to do is the same thing folks did to get the Juneteenth holiday... lobby the lawmakers. Convince them. Then you'll get your holiday. But I would suggest you'd have a better chance of getting Good Friday as a holiday. It is already observed on a state and local level in many places...

Nobody celebrated Juneteenth. No one.
It is a fabricated holiday by the virtue signalers to provide yet another platform to virtue signal on.

Do you have a problem celebrating Freedom?
Great moment for our nation as we unloaded the shackles of Slavery once and for all

It isn't that I don't care about it, its that I should be given a choice on whether to care about it.

The government doesn't make St. Paddy's Day a legal holiday. But it doesn't stop the people from following the traditions of eating corned beef and drinking themselves stupid in the Irish tradition.
You have the entire month of October.....Polish American Heritage Month.

You also have Dyngus Day.

Why are you crying?

Nobody celebrated Juneteenth. No one.
It is a fabricated holiday by the virtue signalers to provide yet another platform to virtue signal on.

Actually it was celebrated

Today everyone celebrates it.
You don’t think the end of slavery was a big deal?
That only blacks should celebrate the end of slavery?

It was celebrated in Texas for over a century before becoming an official state holiday in 1979.
Is there a point here to dispute that it was made a holiday by virtue signalers?
I don't have a problem with celebrating the end of slavery. Why would I.
It is something America can be proud of, being the first nation to ACTUALLY abolish slavery.
European countries love to tout they abolished slavery 100s of years earlier... but that is a joke. That was on paper only.
America is the first nation to totally and ACTUALLY abolish slavery that set the stage to end slavery for real throughout Europe.
But that doesn't change the fact this holiday was made national by virtue signalers to virtue signal.

Forum List

Back