The Jesus Narrative in the Talmud

Jesus was not a god not from a virgin.
He was just another uneducated fraudulent charlatan and deserved what he got. Get some facts.
Agree about the virgin part, but if he was a charlatan, he was a nice one and no one deserves to be crucified in my opinion, not even trump. Lol

one Jesus, son of Ananias, a rude peasant, who suddenly began to cry out, "A voice from the east, a voice from the west, a voice from the four winds, a voice against Jerusalem and the sanctuary, a voice against the bridegroom and the bride, a voice against all the people." Day and night he went about all the alleys with this cry on his lips. Some of the leading citizens, incensed at these ill-omened words, arrested the fellow and severely chastised him. But he, without a word on his own behalf or for the private ear of those who smote him, only continued his cries as before. Thereupon, the magistrates, supposing, as was indeed the case, that the man was under some supernatural impulse, brought him before the Roman governor; there, although flayed to the bone with scourges, he neither sued for mercy nor shed a tear, but, merely introducing the most mournful of variations into his utterances, responded to each lashing with "Woe to Jerusalem!" When Albinus, the governor, asked him who and whence he was and why he uttered these cries, he answered him never a word, but unceasingly reiterated his dirge over the city, until Albinus pronounced him a maniac and let him go. During the whole period up to the outbreak of war he neither approached nor was seen talking to any of the citizens, but daily, like a prayer that he had conned, repeated his lament, "Woe to Jerusalem!" He neither cursed any of those who beat him from day to day, nor blessed those who offered him food: to all men that melancholy presage was his one reply. His cries were loudest at the festivals. So for seven years and five months he continued his wail, his voice never flagging nor his strength exhausted, until in the siege, having seen his presage verified, he found his rest. For, while going his round and shouting in piercing tones from the wall, "Woe once more to the city and to the people and to the temple," as he added a last word, "and woe to me also," a stone hurled from the ballista struck and killed him on the spot. So with those ominous words still upon his lips he passed away. – Book 6, Chapter 5, Section 3 of the historian Flavius Josephus' The Wars of the Jews or History of the Destruction of Jerusalem [2]
you must mean this Jesus.

Last edited:
Lol hardly a decent source. Why not just go with the Gospels? Something in them you don't like? Jesus's ministry emphasized the real Torah, not the fake 'Oral Torah' and its sixty zillion 'laws only real Jews know about'. He pointed out the original Hebrewism was a universal religion, not an exclusive racial club for Babylonian con artists, and dismissed the previous 500 years or so of hubris and Temple nonsense as irrelevant and false, which it was.

Lol hardly a decent source. Why not just go with the Gospels? Something in them you don't like? Jesus's ministry emphasized the real Torah, not the fake 'Oral Torah' and its sixty zillion 'laws only real Jews know about'. He pointed out the original Hebrewism was a universal religion, not an exclusive racial club for Babylonian con artists, and dismissed the previous 500 years or so of hubris and Temple nonsense as irrelevant and false, which it was.
I believe Josephus and all the other stuff I read. Jesus is fake, the whole religion bit is created by man.

Agree about the virgin part, but if he was a charlatan, he was a nice one and no one deserves to be crucified in my opinion, not even trump. Lol

He was. He was selling the religious bullshit like thousands who roamed the area those times. He wasn't a son if God bullshit. He,although uneducated, knew that people yearned for a god and would pay for it. Just like today.
You keep the faith and I'll keep the money.

There are always two sides to any story.

you must mean this Jesus.
That Jesus was about forty years after the Christian Jesus...and of completely different parents. (As was stated)
Jesus/Joshua is the same actual name in Hebrew but spelled differently for us Westernized English speaking people.

It is interesting that this particular Jesus said "Woe to me" just before the rock killed him.

Also preceding the bright light and "Let Us leave this place" shortly before the Temple was destroyed...in 70AD...a full 40 years after the Christians Jesus was crucified.

The Jesus Narrative in the Talmud. www.talmud.faithweb.com/articles/jesusnarr.html. An interesting read for anyone deeply interested in the life of Jesus. Enjoy!
Pretty much blows all the excuses out of the water...definitive proof that the others (like the one mentioned in this thread) are not the same person as described in the Synoptic Gospels.

And for those that find the link confusing....you are Goyim! of course it's confusing to you...you don't know the Old Testament scriptures off the top of your head. Especially the prophetic books that talk about the coming Messiah.
And this article is from the Talmud...again stories and not history or fact...and definitely not scripture.

The Talmud they recite may not be known so well. So they print those passages. But it's not historically accurate...and not for Goyim.

And as the article states...Jesus was a fairly common name.

Last edited:
That Jesus was about forty years after the Christian Jesus...and of completely different parents. (As was stated)
Jesus/Joshua is the same actual name in Hebrew but spelled differently for us Westernized English speaking people.

It is interesting that this particular Jesus said "Woe to me" just before the rock killed him.

Also preceding the bright light and "Let Us leave this place" shortly before the Temple was destroyed...in 70AD...a full 40 years after the Christians Jesus was crucified.
He was going around the temple saying Woe to me.

Do you have a bright light LINK.

Yes, but it obviously puts some doubt on the perfect story Christianity created about Jesus and that can only be good to question things one takes for granted.

I mean confusing in that it doesn't make a lot of sense. They aren't looking into Jesus of Nazareth at all... just at men named Jesus over the previous 100 years.

I think that this concept appeared around the 10th century, and it is exclusively the fruit of rewriting various documents. The prototype of Christ could be in the execution of Artaxerxes Bessus, Mary obviously comes from Anahita, since her name the Most Pure is a tracing paper, the name Jesus could come from the god Esus, who is a copy of Odin.
Canonized texts of scripture appeared only around the 10th century, everything that was before that was not Christianity, there were no texts or symbols of the crucifixion or the Eucharist, what they are trying to pass off as Christianity is some kind of drawings of ships in the catacombs and Roman Mithraism, as well as Neoplatonism and gnosticism, none of this is Christianity, and there is no reliable information about any "Christ of Nazareth"

I think that this concept appeared around the 10th century, and it is exclusively the fruit of rewriting various documents. The prototype of Christ could be in the execution of Artaxerxes Bessus, Mary obviously comes from Anahita, since her name the Most Pure is a tracing paper, the name Jesus could come from the god Esus, who is a copy of Odin.
Canonized texts of scripture appeared only around the 10th century, everything that was before that was not Christianity, there were no texts or symbols of the crucifixion or the Eucharist, what they are trying to pass off as Christianity is some kind of drawings of ships in the catacombs and Roman Mithraism, as well as Neoplatonism and gnosticism, none of this is Christianity, and there is no reliable information about any "Christ of Nazareth"

Esus | Celtic deity - Encyclopedia Britannica
Esus, (Celtic: “Lord,” or “Master”), powerful Celtic deity, one of three mentioned by the Roman poet Lucan in the 1st century ad; the other two were Taranis (“Thunderer”) and Teutates (“God of the People”). Esus’ victims, according to later commentators, were sacrificed by being ritually stabbed and hung from trees.

Read the conclusion paragraph at the end of the article again....

You are missing the point of the article...

Forum List

Back