Zone1 If Jesus was not God in the flesh then Christianity is a cult

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012
What am I missing here?

Either Jesus was God in the flesh or Christianity is a cult.

No man, no group, no organization should be the focus above that of God.

I think people ask the wrong question when they ask if Jesus is God. A better question is, is God like Jesus?

Yes or no?

What am I missing here?

I think people ask the wrong question when they ask if Jesus is God. A better question is, is God like Jesus?

Yes or no?
I'd sure have liked to have been able to to see ole Pontius' eyes when his adjutant walked into Pontius' suite & asked Pontius,"You know that guy that said "I AM", the one you had murdered, well he's back"!!!!!!!!!

Emmanuel; God with us is a reference to Jesus being God with us in Word.

Jesus himself said the word I give unto you is not mine, but the Fathers.

What am I missing here?

Yes or no?
No one can be God in the flesh, and Christianity is not a cult. It is a body of believers known as the Church.

Focus on the Word... In the beginning was the word and the word was with God and the word is God.

The word of God became "flesh" It became flesh in Jesus just like it should also become flesh in every single believer.

No one can be God in the flesh, and Christianity is not a cult. It is a body of believers known as the Church.

Focus on the Word... In the beginning was the word and the word was with God and the word is God.

The word of God became "flesh" It became flesh in Jesus just like it should also become flesh in every single believer.
Christians follow the teachings of Christ, hence the term "Christian". Also, Christ is worshipped in the Bible, only God should be worshipped.

Again, if Christ is not God in the flesh, it is a cult.

Christianity is one of the few religions that believe that God walked the earth and talked to us as a mere man. The benefits of this is that it gives people a much better understanding of who and what God is about, rather than an invisible figure whom we guess at based merely on the supposed encounters with others in the past.

In short, Christ is the most accurate picture of who and what God is that we have.

Christians follow the teachings of Christ, hence the term "Christian". Also, Christ is worshipped in the Bible, only God should be worshipped.

Again, if Christ is not God in the flesh, it is a cult.

Christianity is one of the few religions that believe that God walked the earth and talked to us as a mere man. The benefits of this is that it gives people a much better understanding of who and what God is about, rather than an invisible figure whom we guess at based merely on the supposed encounters with others in the past.

In short, Christ is the most accurate picture of who and what God is that we have.
right, Christ gives us God's word.

Yes or no?
The early Cult Church Fathers recognised the huge lack of sense in the narrative .
Which is why they invented the idea of the Trinity .

Plus the, "If Pigs could Fly " , argument .
That is , Faith .

The early Cult Church Fathers recognised the huge lack of sense in the narrative .
Which is why they invented the idea of the Trinity .

Plus the, "If Pigs could Fly " , argument .
That is , Faith .
For those that believe that Jesus was just another prophet, I get it. Mohammad preached that God put some other poor sap to die on the cross instead of Jesus and that Jesus was just another prophet. Also, what Jesus said was "tainted" so only Mo could be the expert some 500 years later.

I get that, even though Mo is really the god of Islam by default because he is the last word on everything, but what I don't get are people like JW's. Here is a group of people who actually believe Jesus created us, but then side step and say he is not really God.

How can our creator not be our God?

Makes no sense.

For those that believe that Jesus was just another prophet, I get it. Mohammad preached that God put some other poor sap to die on the cross instead of Jesus and that Jesus was just another prophet. Also, what Jesus said was "tainted" so only Mo could be the expert some 500 years later.

I get that, even though Mo is really the god of Islam by default because he is the last word on everything, but what I don't get are people like JW's. Here is a group of people who actually believe Jesus created us, but then side step and say he is not really God.

How can our creator not be our God?

Makes no sense.
That "500 yrs. later" is the cincher!

What am I missing here?

Yes or no?
99% of all religion claiming to be Christian is this-2Thess 2:3, 2 Cor 11:12-15) Jesus is with 1 religion, God has 1 truth.
Jesus is Gods image,( Col 1:15) He is not God.

Our salvation confession must be that Jesus is Christ Son of the living God just as Peter stated.

Our salvation confession cannot be that Jesus is God because God sent His only begotten "son"

What am I missing here?

Yes or no?
NO....That God uses people does not place anyone above God. You commit that fault by saying that GOD cannot use man or angels or any intermediary because in your opinion that is unworthy of Him

What am I missing here?

Yes or no?
In my heart I believe Jesus was God incarnate, God made flesh here on Earth. Father, Son, Holy Spirit are three forms of one God just as ice, water and steam are all the same chemical formula. As abstract thinking comes fairly easily to me, I can handle the concept of Jesus being God and Jesus being the son of God simultaneously.

Others believe Jesus was divine but a separate being from God the Creator. Both concepts allow for the same Christian values, gifts, blessings, ministries. I see no reason to assume it has to be one way or the other to be what God expects of us.

Now we see through a glass darkly but then face to face. . .and we will know.

For now our great commandment is to love the Lord God with all our heart, soul and mind and to love/treat others as we wish to be loved and treated. If we do that, we will be and do what Christianity is. No cult. But the best hope the world has for peace and happiness.

What am I missing here?

Yes or no?
IMG_4158.jpeg

Well that is not logical.
Even Jesus detractors in the Gospel realized He was from God, the prophets were always respected for just that very reason.

And Jesus Himself says
JOHN 10:38

but if I do, even if ye believe not me, believe the works, that ye may know [and believe] that the Father is in me and I in him.

What God is saying is all that matters, How He says it is none of our business.

What am I missing here?

Yes or no?
NO.... Jesus had a ministry for years before unveiling His Divinity

There are always at least 2 levels to Bible revelation
---What is being communicated?
--- What must we think of the Communicator?

For many times in Scripture it is even demons who KNOW the Truth

And He having come to the other side, to the country of the Gadarenes, two men being demon-possessed met Him, coming out of the tombs. They were very violent[a], so that no one was strong-enough to pass through that way. 29 And behold— they cried-out, saying, “What do we have to do with You[b], Son of God? Did You come here to torment us before the time?

What am I missing here?

Yes or no?
It is all there in the Gospels. John the Evangelist lays out all one needs to know in order to see with good will who Jesus is

What am I missing here?

Yes or no?
Yes, Jesus is God.

He said he is.

"If you have seen Me you have seen the Father"

Then there's the first chapter of John "In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word [is] God" and "He came and dwelt among us."

Forum List

Back