We are no longer involved in a war.

It is an occupation.

How do you "win" and occupation?

You leave.

It is an occupation.

You leave.
It was never a war. There is no end goal in sight because, as you stated so eloquently...we are occupying not waging war.

• Banned
The American people need to ask why we are occupying another country.

Why are we spilling our blood to occupy someone elses country?

If it is to keep it from having terrorists then why did we go after a country which was no threat to us and turn it into a place the terrorists could take advantage of?

If it is to keep it from having terrorists then why did we go after a country which was no threat to us and turn it into a place the terrorists could take advantage of?

That is the question whose answer they will kill to protect.

• Banned
I wonder how much more for gas the American people would pay to have our country out of this war?

The really sad thing is we are paying like twice what we were paying before we entered Iraq already.

We have been taken for a huge ride by the oil industires in the world via the Bush admin.

Its time to end this occupation and to quit paying for this gas with the lives of our brave young soldiers.

Ill pay another dollar a gallon to stop the bleeding of our troops and the treasury of our country.

Its costing us trillions already.

• Banned
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/02/08/iraq/main2451828.shtml

heres a little information no one seems to pay any attention to.

The meters on the oil pumps have been broken for years and no one replaces them. This makes it possible to steal oil and sell it on the world black market vertually cost free.

Who is it that is profiting from this free oil?

They dont have to pay Iraq for it because it is uncounted.

Just transport it and sell it on the black market.

No wonder Bush refuses to leave this cash cow until the bitter end.

It is an occupation.

You leave.

I hear you and know what you mean. Read the following relevant flip-flop. These are things that Bush said in a 2000 year debate.

http://www.debates.org/pages/trans2000a.html

I don't think we can be all things to all people in the world. I think we've got to be very careful when we commit our troops. The vice president and I have a disagreement about the use of troops. He believes in nation building. I would be very careful about using our troops as nation builders. I believe the role of the military is to fight and win war and therefore prevent war from happening in the first place. So I would take my responsibility seriously. And it starts with making sure we rebuild our military power...

If we don't have a clear vision of the military, if we don't stop extending our troops all around the world and nation building missions, then we're going to have a serious problem coming down the road, and I'm going to prevent that.

How does he do this – by having our military go into Iraq very soon after going into Afghanistan and, after toppling Saddam, work on practically creating a new nation in Iraq based on democracy.

You cant handle the truth.

Gee TM how is that you can make a coherent sentence on this sight but not on others??? I see you still put forth you usual drivel.....

A question for you would be "what do you propose we do"? You complain a lot but you NEVER have an answer to ANY problem! Why is that???

And what was the time after VE Day? How about the time after VJ Day?

How long after Germany fell did it take for them to take over their own country again? Did we stick around due to threat of their neighbors?

Do we do to Iraq what we did to Germany after WW1? Stick them with the bill? Or do we help them rebuild like we did after WW2?

Why would we walk away when we are so close to finishing?

http://www.aei.org/publications/filter.all,pubID.27746/pub_detail.asp

As the tally below shows, the Government of Iraq has now met 12 out of the original 18 benchmarks set for it, including four out of the six key legislative benchmarks. It has made substantial progress on five more, and only one remains truly stalled. One can argue about the scoring of this or that benchmark, but the overall picture is very clear: before the surge began, the Iraqi Government had accomplished none of the benchmarks and was on the way to accomplishing very few. As the surge winds down, it has accomplished around two-thirds of them and is moving ahead on almost all of the remainder. To say in the face of these facts that Iraq has made "little" or "no" political progress is simply false-to-fact.

Let me guess you're the type that starts something but doesn't finish it... And you expect us to do the same. I'm betting your house is full of half or near finished projects.

Let me guess you're the type that starts something but doesn't finish it... And you expect us to do the same. I'm betting your house is full of half or near finished projects.

Let me guess. You are the kind of person who once he/she starts something, you will continue no matter how much the cost or the proof that you were wrong to start it?

How deep do you dig a hole after you realize you started digging in the wrong place?

Well... Concedering we have achived 2/3rds of the goals set and the rest are due to be achived by Oct 1, it would be stupid of us to pull out. To leave now we will be making the same mistake we made after WW1.

Why don't you reply to my questions in the post above the one you choose to quote?

WE still have troops in Japan,
We still have troops in Korea,
We still have troops in Germany,
We occupied Western Germany for a long---long time. Even though weren't "fighting" anyone.
We have troops in the Phillipines.

We don't here anyone griping about the tax-dollars spend maintaining troops and personnel over there????
So are a troops everlasting presence in another country during peace time better than 5 years of troop presence in a war zone??HMM.......:eusa_think:

WE still have troops in Japan,
We still have troops in Korea,
We still have troops in Germany,
We occupied Western Germany for a long---long time. Even though weren't "fighting" anyone.
We have troops in the Phillipines.

We don't here anyone griping about the tax-dollars spend maintaining troops and personnel over there????
So are a troops everlasting presence in another country during peace time better than 5 years of troop presence in a war zone??HMM.......:eusa_think:

I didn’t realize that. I guess that we should pull some troops from those nations too. I don’t see Japan as a military threat for America any time soon.

I didn’t realize that. I guess that we should pull some troops from those nations too. I don’t see Japan as a military threat for America any time soon.

Yeah, it's pretty crazy really. We have troops in more places than that...but alot of people don't realize it. Korea was almost 60 years ago and we still have active troops on the 38th parallel.

Yeah, it's pretty crazy really. We have troops in more places than that...but alot of people don't realize it. Korea was almost 60 years ago and we still have active troops on the 38th parallel.

We still have troops stationed in the South.

:rolleyes:

Let me guess. You are the kind of person who once he/she starts something, you will continue no matter how much the cost or the proof that you were wrong to start it?

How deep do you dig a hole after you realize you started digging in the wrong place?

Until they die from from thirst and hunger because the hole is too deep to climb out.

It is an occupation.

You leave.

From encarta

Occupation - 4. military invasion: the invasion and control of a country or area by enemy forces

Since the iraqi government is not our enemy and we do not control the country, this does not meet the definition of an occupation.

Forum List

Back