The Insidious Advent of "Critical Race Theory"

DGS49

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2012
Pittsburgh
"Critical race theory says there is no such thing as neutrality, not even in the law, which is why the very notion of colorblindness — the Kingian dream of judging people not based on the color of their skin but by the content of their character — must itself be deemed racist. Racism is no longer about individual discrimination. It is about systems that allow for disparate outcomes among racial groups. If everyone doesn’t finish the race at the same time, then the course must have been flawed and should be dismantled."

This rather lengthy Op-Ed column (appeared in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette this morning, October 22), is mainly directed at Pittsburgh's jewish community, but is more-than-worthwhile reading for everyone, especially those of us who value traditional American values such as meritocracy, honesty, logic, and personal responsibility.

If the coming election plays out as appears likely, the illogical, destructive influence of Critical Race Theory will infect more and more institutions in our society, starting with Academe and followed immediately in government at all levels. Any aspect of life where "inequality" manifests must be explained as a result of racism, even (especially) where no actual evidence of discrimination exists. And since the inequality is the result of racism, initiatives must be taken to stamp out the inequality.

This worldview makes the phenomenon of Affirmative Action look like child's play.

Coming to a theater near you.

Democrats are evil; hold your nose and vote for Trump and the Republicans.

I read the article and agree with the author that Jews are in danger from the new left, as represented by people like AOC. It's too bad she insists on viewing Trump as an enemy. Apparently, all the good things Trump has done for Israel don't count, according to her.

mainly directed at Pittsburgh's jewish community, but is more-than-worthwhile reading for everyone, especially those of us who value traditional American values such as meritocracy, honesty, logic, and personal responsibility.
I agree with your over all assessment. But, to the quoted- to start with jews are racist to their core IF religion is to be a race, which many will argue the people who practice jewry are a different race- so there is that- intellectual dishonesty seems to be (and no, I don't have a clue as to when it began, or what "race" created it) prevalent in our "traditional value system"- < point no.2) politicians haven't received the memo or the up dates to the memo- since none of them incorporate or illustrate or display none of the traits "we the people" believe to be a characteristic - ever wonder why that is? I do. And yes I have a "theory", which is multi faceted but at the core is "follow the money" see the agenda"- that is what is recognized as a "traditional American value"- and in a moket see monkey do world when the lead monkeys (Empty Suit brigades across this Country) set and example the follower monkeys, we the stinky tourist will follow-

I posted an article by starting a thread (and it's not the only one I've posted) which illustrate the "speak with forked tongue" by jews/Israel and nobody here has the balls to comment on- fear of being labeled I suppose- but, there you go- anti- semite is equated with/to being racist by the very ones who are racist to their core and believe it's not only perfectly acceptable for them to be 'religious bigots' with racist behavior, but, that their religious biogotry must be accepted by all since they are "the chosen"-

Little Sister tells Big Brother how the cow eats the corn

Atzmon, who now lives in Britain, also says, “Israeli pressure groups seem to believe that they are actually more powerful and certainly more important than the American constitution.”

There is some fodder for Republicans and Democrats in that article- yet, the "traditional American value" of changing your heart and mind is strictly adhered to by BOTH sides who cry and complain about the other side and continue doing the same thing over and over leading to the same results- it seems another "traditional American value" is remaining ignorant and disavowing that
There are alternatives

Free & Equal Elections: Third Open Presidential Debate Announced for October 24th

What's really frustrating is the seeming desire to remain ignoarant, loyal and committed to being stuck on stupid- when one (no matter his/her politics) refuses to learn being stuck on stupid becomes a tradition-

I bet the reactions I get to this, if any, will be few and stupid-

For shit sake- will you people please get your heads out of your asses-

In 2012 the BDS National Committee in Ramallah made a crucial change to its goal statement. It changed the wording of its original (June 2005) mission statement from “demanding that Israel end its occupation and colonization of all Arab lands” to demanding that Israel end “its occupation and colonization of all Arab lands occupied in June 1967*” My attempt to find out who introduced this change revealed that this new wording first appeared in Omar Barghouti’s 2011 book, ‘BDS: Boycott, Divestment, Sanctions: the Global Struggle for Palestinian Rights’ (page 6).

It seems that since 2011, The BDS National Committee basically abandoned the most precious Palestinian right—it drifted away from the commitment to land occupied since 1948 and limited its struggle to the liberation of lands occupied in 1967. Further attempts to clarify who made the change and by what process revealed that this significant change was made in a clandestine manner—it appeared only in English. It has never appeared in Arabic or any other language. It is evident that the change took place behind the backs of the Palestinian people. Despite BDS’ claim to be a ‘civil society’ representing more than 170 Palestinian organizations, Palestinians were totally unaware of the BDS National Committee’s compromise of their mission.

Further investigation revealed that BDS—like most Palestinian NGOs—was funded by George Soros’ Open Society Institute. In 2013 I was asked to review a book titled Israel/Palestine and the Queer International, by Sarah Schulman. It was Schulman who resolved the mysterious change in the BDS goal statement. In her search for funding for a young Palestinian Queer USA tour in support of BDS, Schulman wrote that she was advised to approach George Soros’ Open Society institute. The following account may leave you flabbergasted, as it did me:

“A former ACT UP staffer who worked for the Open Society Institute, George Soros’ foundation, suggested that I file an application there for funding for the tour. When I did so it turned out that the person on the other end had known me from when we both attended Hunter [College] High School in New York in the 1970s. He forwarded the application to the institutes’s office in Amman, Jordan, and I had an amazing one-hour conversation with Hanan Rabani, its director of the Women’s and Gender program for the Middle East region. Hanan told me that this tour would give great visibility to autonomous queer organizations in the region. That it would inspire queer Arabs—especially in Egypt and Iran…for that reason, she said, funding for the tour should come from the Amman office” (Israel/Palestine and the Queer International , by Sarah Schulman p. 108).

Here is clear and embarrassing evidence of a crude intervention made by George Soros’ institute in an attempt to shape Arab and Islamic culture and political life. We also learn about the manner in which Soros’ Open Society Institute introduces gay and queer politics to the region. Apparently money for a tour promoting Palestine and BDS is traveling from Soros’ Open Society to Jordan and then back to the USA with the hope that such a manoeuvre would “inspire” gays in Iran.

Good lord people- there are others in the world- not just y'all-Good godalmighty- dumber than rocks- most political 'in the know' message board posters- SMH

"Critical race theory says there is no such thing as neutrality, not even in the law, which is why the very notion of colorblindness — the Kingian dream of judging people not based on the color of their skin but by the content of their character — must itself be deemed racist. Racism is no longer about individual discrimination. It is about systems that allow for disparate outcomes among racial groups. If everyone doesn’t finish the race at the same time, then the course must have been flawed and should be dismantled."

This rather lengthy Op-Ed column (appeared in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette this morning, October 22), is mainly directed at Pittsburgh's jewish community, but is more-than-worthwhile reading for everyone, especially those of us who value traditional American values such as meritocracy, honesty, logic, and personal responsibility.

If the coming election plays out as appears likely, the illogical, destructive influence of Critical Race Theory will infect more and more institutions in our society, starting with Academe and followed immediately in government at all levels. Any aspect of life where "inequality" manifests must be explained as a result of racism, even (especially) where no actual evidence of discrimination exists. And since the inequality is the result of racism, initiatives must be taken to stamp out the inequality.

This worldview makes the phenomenon of Affirmative Action look like child's play.

Coming to a theater near you.

Democrats are evil; hold your nose and vote for Trump and the Republicans.

The epistemology of critical race theory flows out of Marxism, Hegelian Dialectic and Frankfurt School Postmodernism—all arch enemies of American civilization (and the human race) which have been around threatening to destroy our republic for many decades. As such we have only our so-called "civilized" intelligentsia and political class to thank for failing to identify and resist the pure evil of CRT many, many years out. We all saw this storm coming but no one bothered to sound the alarm or organize a worthwhile resistance. No one who mattered, at any rate.

Not my words, but totally apropos:

The CRT-approved story, in a nutshell, is that white racism is pervasive and accounts for all racial deficits and disparities. What is not being taught—what students are not exposed to, and not even allowed to hear—is the contrary position that persistent racial inequalities are oftentimes rooted in cultural differences and behavioral tendencies that are not all traceable to slavery or Jim Crow, and cannot all be solved by purging the vague category of "structural racism."

Ponder the following: The state of Oregon is considering elimination of the Oregon Bar Exam, because Blacks fail that exam at prolific rates.

But the same thing is true in every other state, and I dare say, in every other professional certification exam in the country...CPA exams, Medical boards, P.E. exams, and so on. Some Blacks pass - obviously - but at much lower rates than the GenPop.

Are "we" to suppose that they are ALL RACIST EXAMS? Would anyone care to locate a single question on any of those exams (or the SAT, ACT, etc), that gives "white" people an advantage in answering?

This insidious bullshit needs to stop. It is all basically a slander against "white" people, and in this context totally unfounded. Indeed, the creators of such exams have spent DECADES excising anything that might even hint at racial bias or advantage - they are all Lefties for the most part.

"We are not racists, and YOU are an ass-hole for calling us racist with no evidence to support it."

Forum List

Back