The inconvenient truth about the Democratic Party’s history of racism

easyt65

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2015
Capture.v1-11-1280x720.png

Watch: The inconvenient truth about the Democratic Party’s history of racism

“Since its founding in 1829, the Democratic Party has fought against every major civil rights initiative, and has a long history of discrimination,” Swain said.

The Democratic Party defended slavery, started the Civil War, opposed Reconstruction, founded the Ku Klux Klan, imposed segregation, perpetrated lynchings, and fought against the civil rights acts of the 1950s and 1960s,” she said.

The Republican Party was founded in 1854 as the anti-slavery party, with the intention of abolishing the practice of slavery, and stopping its expansion into the western territories. Their first attempt to abolish slavery failed when the Supreme Court ruled that slaves were not citizens, but were property in the 1857 case of Dred Scott v. Sandford. Of the nine justices on the Supreme Court at that time, the seven who voted for slavery were all Democrats, but the two dissenting justices were both Republican.

The issue of slavery was resolved during the Civil War, prompting the creation of the 13th Amendment (abolishing slavery), the 14th Amendment (granting blacks citizenship), and the 15th Amendment (granting blacks the right to vote). All of these amendments were resisted by every Democrat in office, and only passed because of universal Republican support.

“And when all of their efforts to enslave blacks, keep them enslaved, and then keep them from voting had failed, the Democrats came up with a new strategy: If black people are going to vote, they might as well vote for Democrats. As D-President Lyndon Johnson was purported to have said about the Civil Rights Act, ‘I’ll have them n*****s voting Democrat for two hundred years,'” Swain said."

Johnson’s “war on poverty,” enacted anti-poverty legislation such as the Food Stamp Act of 1964, and the Social Security Act of 1964. From 1965 to 1974, government provided benefits increased by a factor of 2o. As the Cato Institute noted in a study, these entitlement programs incentivized lifestyles that encouraged government dependence such as single motherhood in order to continue to receive greater government benefits. This reliance on government dependence encourages voting in favor of the party that champions welfare and entitlements.

“So now, the Democratic Party prospers on the votes of the very people it has spent much of its history oppressing.”

Speaking of the racists in the GOP.....

Mississippi state Rep. Karl Oliver, a Republican, wrote in a now-deleted Facebook post:

The destruction of these monuments, erected in the loving memory of our family and fellow Southern Americans, is both heinous and horrific. If the, and I use this term extremely loosely, "leadership" of Louisiana wishes to, in a Nazi-ish fashion, burn books or destroy historical monuments of OUR HISTORY, they should be LYNCHED! Let it be known, I will do all in my power to prevent this from happening in our State.

Mississippi lawmaker: leaders taking down Confederate monuments "should be LYNCHED!"

LOL- another thread by you trying to divert attention away from President Snowflake's follies.

Remember- President Snowflake is the only President who was sued by the Justice Department for racial discrimination- when he was sued- and settled for refusing to rent to African Americans.

“So now, the Democratic Party prospers on the votes of the very people it has spent much of its history oppressing.”

Another bitter old white dude trying to tell African Americans that you are smarter than they are- and that African Americans are all stupid for being Democrats.

Another bitter old white dude trying to tell African Americans that you are smarter than they are- and that African Americans are all stupid for being Democrats.

What's funny is southern white culture today lives in the poorest conditions of the whole country, lowest educational standards, lowest healthcare standards and thinks they're better? lol They're no better then the people they attack and call names.

On the contrary, I am trying to enlighten people about REAL history, not that which has been re-written by liberals, and I am saying blacks / minorities are smarter than Democrats have been exposed to believe they are.

(BTW, I am not white).

On the contrary, I am trying to enlighten people about REAL history, not that which has been re-written by liberals, and I am saying blacks / minorities are smarter than Democrats have been exposed to believe they are.

(BTW, I am not white).
(are you green?)

What's funny is southern white culture today lives in the poorest conditions of the whole country, lowest educational standards, lowest healthcare standards and thinks they're better? lol They're no better then the people they attack and call names.
Considering how Democrats attempted to keep the south racially divided and punished the south after the civil war, and how they have controlled the public school system, I am amazed the south is doing as well as it is...unlike 'US Murder Capitols' like Chicago and Baltimore, and Obama-abandoned Detroit.

That conservative wing of the Democratic Party no longer exists.
We know - the new DNC Chairman already made the announcement that there is no room in the new Democratic Party for Pro-Life Democrats....

On the contrary, I am trying to enlighten people about REAL history.

Another bitter old white dude trying to tell African Americans that you are smarter than they are- and that African Americans are all stupid for being Democrats

Because you think that 'African Americans' need to be enlightened......lol

No wonder your party can't get minorities to vote GOP.

Considering how Democrats attempted to keep the south racially divided and punished the south after the civil war, .

Considering how Republicans today try to keep the south racially divided- and celebrating the Southern Conservative slave holders of the Confederacy:

Mississippi state Rep. Karl Oliver, a Republican, wrote in a now-deleted Facebook post:

The destruction of these monuments, erected in the loving memory of our family and fellow Southern Americans, is both heinous and horrific. If the, and I use this term extremely loosely, "leadership" of Louisiana wishes to, in a Nazi-ish fashion, burn books or destroy historical monuments of OUR HISTORY, they should be LYNCHED! Let it be known, I will do all in my power to prevent this from happening in our State.

Mississippi lawmaker: leaders taking down Confederate monuments "should be LYNCHED!"

LOL- another thread by you trying to divert attention away from President Snowflake's follies.

Remember- President Snowflake is the only President who was sued by the Justice Department for racial discrimination- when he was sued- and settled for refusing to rent to African Americans.

and I am saying blacks / minorities are smarter than Democrats have been exposed to believe they are.
).

They are clearly smarter than you are- since they vote Democratic.

Remember- I believe African Americans, and Asian Americans, and Mexican Americans, all are smart enough to know how to choose the party that best represents them.

You think that African Americans, Asian Americans and Mexican Americans are too stupid to know how to choose the party that best represents them.

Well the party was started by an avowed racist and Indian hater and fighter who stole land and killed innocent women an children. They were the party of the South until a coalition of Northern Republicans and Northern Democrats passed the Civil Rights Law of 1964. Democrats are no longer the party of the south.

(BTW, I am not white).

Robert E. Lee was a Democrat. Southern conservatives worship his legacy.

Forum List

Back