The gun industry is the most consumer-friendly industry in america.

32,000 gun deaths and 78,000 gun injuries every year. A product that causes that much damage when it "works as designed" is probably not something that should be sold.

Hey einstein. Half those gun deaths are suicides and don't count. And the other half are the user's fault (if anything is to blame) not the gun. THINK

Actually, not even half are suicides...if you look at FBI stats, gun murders are only 8-9,000 a year, sometimes more, sometimes less, so about 22,000 are suicides.....and in the accident category....only around 6-700 accidental gun deaths....in a country of over 320 million people with over 320 million guns in private hands and over 11.1 million people carrying guns for self defense.....

To me....that is amazing.....and if the anti gunners stopped blocking gun safety education in schools those numbers would be even lower.....

But the anti gunners can't have kids being safe around guns.......one dead kid gives them more press than they could ever hope for............sooo....no gun safety in schools.....

And only about 230 criminals are shot and killed each year. They sure are more dangerous to the owners than criminals.

again....if only 230 are killed by victims....and that isn't an accurate number because of the way the legal system works and the way it interacts with the FBI collection method.....that shows that average, innocent, law abiding citizens are not the blood thirsty stereo types the anti gunners claim they are.......they only shoot if they absolutely have to and that is more often than not controlled by the violent actions of predatory criminal......

I never get tired of posting these studies.....

I just averaged the studies......which were conducted by different researchers, from both private and public researchers, over a period of 40 years looking specifically at guns and self defense....the name of the researcher is first, then the year then the number of times they determined guns were used for self defense......notice how many of them there are and how many of them were done by gun grabbers like the clinton Justice Dept. and the obama CDC

And these aren't all of the studies either...there are more...and they support the ones below.....

A quick guide to the studies and the numbers.....the full lay out of what was studied by each study is in the links....

GunCite-Gun Control-How Often Are Guns Used in Self-Defense

GunCite Frequency of Defensive Gun Use in Previous Surveys

Field...1976....3,052,717
DMIa 1978...2,141,512
L.A. TIMES...1994...3,609,68
Kleck...2.5 million

Obama's CDC....2013....500,000--3million

--------------------

Bordua...1977...1,414,544

DMIb...1978...1,098,409

Hart...1981...1.797,461

Mauser...1990...1,487,342

Gallup...1993...1,621,377

DEPT. OF JUSTICE...1994...1.5 million

Journal of Quantitative Criminology--- 989,883 times per year."

-------------------------------------------
Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

Tarrance... 1994... 764,036

Lawerence Southwich Jr. 400,000 fewer violent crimes and at least 800,000 violent crimes deterred..

NCVS (National Crime Victimization Survey)....108,000

Notice, the 3 different groupings of stats from the research listed so far.....not one of them approaches the NCVS number of 100,000

Name one other industry that produces a complicated mechanical device that usually works flawlessly for a 100 years. Not cars or computers or washing machines - they are designed with planned obsolescence in mind. But guns last forever and work perfectly despite being a controlled-explosion device!!!

Only the gun industry cares about YOU.

32,000 gun deaths and 78,000 gun injuries every year. A product that causes that much damage when it "works as designed" is probably not something that should be sold.

Link?

And of course of those 32,000 gun deaths only 8-9,000 are gun murders, committed by criminals, mostly, in small multi block areas of our cities, the worst of which are controlled by democrat......all the others are suicides, which can just as easily be done without guns....as happens in Japan and South Korea, two countries with absolute gun control but 2x the rate of suicide....and of those gun injuries...we have over 320 million guns in private hands, and only 6-700 accidental gun deaths each year, an amount which is tiny....tiny....and not a problem....and again....many of those accidents and deaths happen to criminals.......

We also have over 11.1 million people carrying guns for self defense...and only 6-700 accidental gun deaths each year....

Law abiding gun owners use their guns to stop violent criminal attack and save lives 1.6 million times a year, on average........so even if I accept 78,000 gun injuries a year....which I don't believe....add 9,000 gun murders and you get 87,000 gun related injuries and deaths.....vs.....1.6 million times violent crimes are stopped and lives saved...and that isn't even including the lives saved when the criminal in the attack is captured, injured or killed thereby keeping them from creating more victims...

So try and do the math....which number is bigger....and I am even giving you your number which I doubt is close to accurate.......

Link?

The 1.6 is not accurate for many reasons. Much closer to 100k and only about 10% of those are violent crimes.

Brain...of all the numbers your making up 100,000 out of your own opinion......the number I have, 1.6 million times that guns are used, is an average of 16 different, actual studies on the defensive use of guns against criminals.........over a 40 year period, studies done by both public and private researchers, and many of those studies done by anti gun groups and researchers, two of the biggest...bill clinton's Justice Dept. study in 1994...found 1.5 million, and obama's CDC in 2013 found between 500,000 and 3 million defensive gun uses a year......

Your number is the one completely made up......

The surveys have been debunked several times over. They are loaded with false positives. Also they are over 20 years old and crime is down over 30% since the most recent ones. The 1.6 is highly inaccurate. And most defenses are by people involved in criminal behavior.

Last edited:
My great grandfather's pocket watch is still keeping perfect time and it is far more complicated a mechanical device thatn anything designed to kill.

So, let's compare: a time piece that works flawlessly after one hundred years. A device whose sole function is to tell time. Harmless in every way.

Or

A device that was exclusively designed to propel deadly projectiles. Which device is more consumer friendly? One where the consumer can tell accurate time or one that is designed to kill?

Which one of those devices will stop me from taking the other one from you?

Obviously you care for that watch. How devestated would you be if it were stolen from you? Having a gun can prevent that from happening.

Hey einstein. Half those gun deaths are suicides and don't count. And the other half are the user's fault (if anything is to blame) not the gun. THINK

Actually, not even half are suicides...if you look at FBI stats, gun murders are only 8-9,000 a year, sometimes more, sometimes less, so about 22,000 are suicides.....and in the accident category....only around 6-700 accidental gun deaths....in a country of over 320 million people with over 320 million guns in private hands and over 11.1 million people carrying guns for self defense.....

To me....that is amazing.....and if the anti gunners stopped blocking gun safety education in schools those numbers would be even lower.....

But the anti gunners can't have kids being safe around guns.......one dead kid gives them more press than they could ever hope for............sooo....no gun safety in schools.....

And only about 230 criminals are shot and killed each year. They sure are more dangerous to the owners than criminals.

again....if only 230 are killed by victims....and that isn't an accurate number because of the way the legal system works and the way it interacts with the FBI collection method.....that shows that average, innocent, law abiding citizens are not the blood thirsty stereo types the anti gunners claim they are.......they only shoot if they absolutely have to and that is more often than not controlled by the violent actions of predatory criminal......

And a gun owner is 3x more likely to accidently shoot and kill an innocent person than a criminal. And what like 80x more likely to commit suicide with it.

I just averaged the studies......which were conducted by different researchers, from both private and public researchers, over a period of 40 years looking specifically at guns and self defense....the name of the researcher is first, then the year then the number of times they determined guns were used for self defense......notice how many of them there are and how many of them were done by gun grabbers like the clinton Justice Dept. and the obama CDC

And these aren't all of the studies either...there are more...and they support the ones below.....

A quick guide to the studies and the numbers.....the full lay out of what was studied by each study is in the links....

DMIa 1978...2,141,512
Kleck...2.5 million

--------------------

DMIb...1978...1,098,409

Hart...1981...1.797,461

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

Lawerence Southwich Jr. 400,000 fewer violent crimes and at least 800,000 violent crimes deterred..

Notice, the 3 different groupings of stats from the research listed so far.....not one of them approaches the NCVS number of 100,000

The NCVS is the only one that wouldn't include lots of criminals defending against criminals.

DMIa 1978...2,141,512
Kleck...2.5 million

--------------------

DMIb...1978...1,098,409

Hart...1981...1.797,461

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

The NCVS is the only one that wouldn't include lots of criminals defending against criminals.

brain...just because you use the word, "debunked" doesn't mean it actually has been....since it hasn't...a lot of gun grabbers have lied about the study but they haven't touched the data......and again...the National Crime Victimization Study that you use....is not a gun study....the other 16 that I average are actual studies focused solely on using guns to stop crime....the NCVS just asks about wether people were victims of crime.....it is unrelated to an actual gun study.......

DMIa 1978...2,141,512
Kleck...2.5 million

--------------------

DMIb...1978...1,098,409

Hart...1981...1.797,461

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

Neither study gives an incentive for criminals to respond....since the Kleck study is an anonymous person asking people about gun use....a criminal, who is legally unable to touch a gun...is not going to tell someone they don't know, who knows their home address via their phone number, that they committed multiple felonies......by touching a gun and using it, even in self defense.........

And a gun owner is 3x more likely to accidently shoot and kill an innocent person than a criminal. And what like 80x more likely to commit suicide with it.

Hey einstein. Suicides don't count. Why can't you understand that?

My great grandfather's pocket watch is still keeping perfect time and it is far more complicated a mechanical device thatn anything designed to kill.

So, let's compare: a time piece that works flawlessly after one hundred years. A device whose sole function is to tell time. Harmless in every way.

Or

A device that was exclusively designed to propel deadly projectiles. Which device is more consumer friendly? One where the consumer can tell accurate time or one that is designed to kill?

Obviously you care for that watch. How devestated would you be if it were stolen from you? Having a gun can prevent that from happening.
Ah! Handguns! Is there nothing they cannot do? They can kill my family members if they are not secured properly. My pocket watch cannot kill anyone. Which device is more consumer friendly? One that can kill me or my family or the device used to tell time?

Ah! Handguns! Is there nothing they cannot do? They can kill my family members if they are not secured properly. My pocket watch cannot kill anyone. Which device is more consumer friendly? One that can kill me or my family or the device used to tell time?

There are a great deal of things a handgun cannot do. For most of them I have my wife.

The more useful item is the gun. I would also suggest it's the mire consumer friendly one.

More importantly I would suggest that, per the topic of this thread every firearm manufacturer I've dealt with has provided better customer service, response and interaction than ANY watch or electronics manufacturer I've ever dealt with.

Hey einstein. Suicides don't count. Why can't you understand that?

Thanks for the new sigline. :thup:

What a fucking idiot. They surely "count" for the suicide's friends and family left behind, DUH.

And it really fucking counts if you don't finish it:

James-Vance.jpg

Hey, that's what I call "consumer friendly".

Fucktard.

DMIa 1978...2,141,512
Kleck...2.5 million

--------------------

DMIb...1978...1,098,409

Hart...1981...1.797,461

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

Neither study gives an incentive for criminals to respond....since the Kleck study is an anonymous person asking people about gun use....a criminal, who is legally unable to touch a gun...is not going to tell someone they don't know, who knows their home address via their phone number, that they committed multiple felonies......by touching a gun and using it, even in self defense.........

I'm not sure what you are trying to say there. But it's common sense that most defenses are by criminals. They are armed and living in high crime areas. The guy committing robbery in monday is the same guy defending on Tuesday. And kleck admits most are involved in criminal activity.

DMIa 1978...2,141,512
Kleck...2.5 million

--------------------

DMIb...1978...1,098,409

Hart...1981...1.797,461

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

brain...just because you use the word, "debunked" doesn't mean it actually has been....since it hasn't...a lot of gun grabbers have lied about the study but they haven't touched the data......and again...the National Crime Victimization Study that you use....is not a gun study....the other 16 that I average are actual studies focused solely on using guns to stop crime....the NCVS just asks about wether people were victims of crime.....it is unrelated to an actual gun study.......

Sorry they have been debunked many times and in many different ways. There aren't milions of defenses when there are only about 230 criminals shot and killed each year. And you also often claim they are all violent, which means there are 30% more violent crimes defended than there are committed. And gun owners are a minority.

Or

And they can save your life and the life of your family members.......ask the 1.6 million people, on average each year, who use guns to save lives.....

DMIa 1978...2,141,512
Kleck...2.5 million

--------------------

DMIb...1978...1,098,409

Hart...1981...1.797,461

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

I'm not sure what you are trying to say there. But it's common sense that most defenses are by criminals. They are armed and living in high crime areas. The guy committing robbery in monday is the same guy defending on Tuesday. And kleck admits most are involved in criminal activity.

No Brain, they are not....they do not respond to these studies....strangers calling them on the phone asking them if they have used a gun for self defense....multiple felonites for a convicted criminal to admit to ....to a stranger who has their phone number and thru that number their address and who they are.......

And the "criminal activity" Kleck admits to....law abiding citizens carrying guns for self defense....without paperwork.....those are who he specifically references....not gang members, not armed robbers....normal people who are carrying a gun for self defense who may not have the right paperwork......

DMIa 1978...2,141,512
Kleck...2.5 million

--------------------

DMIb...1978...1,098,409

Hart...1981...1.797,461

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

Sorry they have been debunked many times and in many different ways. There aren't milions of defenses when there are only about 230 criminals shot and killed each year. And you also often claim they are all violent, which means there are 30% more violent crimes defended than there are committed. And gun owners are a minority.

again...brain.....not every encounter with a criminal ends up with a dead criminal...as the studies show, most criminals break contact to go and find another victim...one without a gun, the others are held for police or injured or, finally, killed........

And I am not sure why you want normal people to just gun down criminals...when they don't have to....I know, I know...that is what the gun grabbers think happen....but as you show....normal people who carry guns for self defense, now over 11.1 million people, and those who have guns in their homes...over 320 million guns in private hands......are not blood thirsty killers.........stop trying to paint them as such.......

DMIa 1978...2,141,512
Kleck...2.5 million

--------------------

DMIb...1978...1,098,409

Hart...1981...1.797,461

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

Yes....in the KLeck study they all had to confront an actual human being....that means the encounter was violent....since they were facing a criminal who was now facing arrest and a long prison sentence.........no animal encounters, no computer crime...face to face with a criminal...

Or

And they can save your life and the life of your family members.......ask the 1.6 million people, on average each year, who use guns to save lives.....

The 1.6 is wrong and please link where anyone claims those are all saved lives.

DMIa 1978...2,141,512
Kleck...2.5 million

--------------------

DMIb...1978...1,098,409

Hart...1981...1.797,461

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

Yes....in the KLeck study they all had to confront an actual human being....that means the encounter was violent....since they were facing a criminal who was now facing arrest and a long prison sentence.........no animal encounters, no computer crime...face to face with a criminal...

I have posted the definition of a violent crime, that isn't it. Please link where any of the survey people claim they are all violent crimes.

Forum List

Back