The gun industry is the most consumer-friendly industry in america.

"Complicated mechanical device?" :lmao:

You ever try and take apart say an FNX .45 and put it back together?
Obviously not.
How about the Ruger .22 Semi-auto pistol.

NEVER take one of them down!!
I had one. Very nice shooter but traded it for a Browning Buckmark for that reason.

The Buckmark has gotta be one of the best .22 pistols on the planet for the money.
Fantastic little pistol!

Obviously not.

I had one. Very nice shooter but traded it for a Browning Buckmark for that reason.
I just got another one on a trade, and an Colt Huntsman.

I have no idea what either are worth, but the Colt is very nice.

Haven't shot either as they are both nearly new in appearance.
I think the Colt is worth some decent bucks. Back when I was researching .22s many were pining for the Huntsman.

My first .45 was a WWII 'curios' because of its age, it wasn't subject to the waiting period and I picked it up at a Cow Palace gun show in San Francisco.

Worked just fine once it was cleaned. Although I did get it smithed to accept modern JHP ammo. Was stovepiping until the work. But I did get really good at clearing those jams :)

Name one other industry that produces a complicated mechanical device that usually works flawlessly for a 100 years. Not cars or computers or washing machines - they are designed with planned obsolescence in mind. But guns last forever and work perfectly despite being a controlled-explosion device!!!

Only the gun industry cares about YOU.

32,000 gun deaths and 78,000 gun injuries every year. A product that causes that much damage when it "works as designed" is probably not something that should be sold.

Link?

Obviously not.

I think the Colt is worth some decent bucks. Back when I was researching .22s many were pining for the Huntsman.
I am pining for some cash.

I got three handguns I don't need, trying to help out an old guy with a sick wife.

The third one is a Ruger Blackhawk, .45LC.

My son is going to take pictures of my surplus guns, and I am going to post them on a local gun website.

Right now I have no printer to do a Bill of Sale, so I am reluctant to try to sell them.

I had some printed up, but can't find them.

I like to include a statement that the buyer states he can pass a background check, and is not a felon, nor adjudicated as mentally ill.

I don't have to do that, legally, but, now and again, that BOS makes a person say, well, let me think this over.

I am a pretty good judge of people, have sold hundreds of guns and never had the cops come back to me and say one was used in a crime.

But, one should take precautions these days.

Name one other industry that produces a complicated mechanical device that usually works flawlessly for a 100 years. Not cars or computers or washing machines - they are designed with planned obsolescence in mind. But guns last forever and work perfectly despite being a controlled-explosion device!!!

Thinking of it as a consumer-friendly industry, it's ironic how much grief the tobacco industry gets for selling a dangerous product, but the firearms industry does not. :)
As tobacco always harms its consumer every time it is used and guns do not, I don't understand your definition of Irony.
Explain, please.

Last edited:
My first .45 was a WWII 'curios' because of its age, it wasn't subject to the waiting period and I picked it up at a Cow Palace gun show in San Francisco.

Worked just fine once it was cleaned. Although I did get it smithed to accept modern JHP ammo. Was stovepiping until the work. But I did get really good at clearing those jams :)
I had a WWI 1911.

Sometimes you cannot keep every gun you love, and it had to go.

Obviously not.

I got three handguns I don't need, trying to help out an old guy with a sick wife.

My son is going to take pictures of my surplus guns, and I am going to post them on a local gun website.

Right now I have no printer to do a Bill of Sale, so I am reluctant to try to sell them.

I like to include a statement that the buyer states he can pass a background check, and is not a felon, nor adjudicated as mentally ill.

I don't have to do that, legally, but, now and again, that BOS makes a person say, well, let me think this over.

I am a pretty good judge of people, have sold hundreds of guns and never had the cops come back to me and say one was used in a crime.

A BOS is an excellent idea and highly recommended.

You might find a FFL dealer and do the sale there with the customer picking up the transfer fee. He's got to pass the NCIS check unless it's a state that waves it for CCW holders.

32,000 gun deaths and 78,000 gun injuries every year. A product that causes that much damage when it "works as designed" is probably not something that should be sold.

Link?

And of course of those 32,000 gun deaths only 8-9,000 are gun murders, committed by criminals, mostly, in small multi block areas of our cities, the worst of which are controlled by democrat......all the others are suicides, which can just as easily be done without guns....as happens in Japan and South Korea, two countries with absolute gun control but 2x the rate of suicide....and of those gun injuries...we have over 320 million guns in private hands, and only 6-700 accidental gun deaths each year, an amount which is tiny....tiny....and not a problem....and again....many of those accidents and deaths happen to criminals.......

We also have over 11.1 million people carrying guns for self defense...and only 6-700 accidental gun deaths each year....

Law abiding gun owners use their guns to stop violent criminal attack and save lives 1.6 million times a year, on average........so even if I accept 78,000 gun injuries a year....which I don't believe....add 9,000 gun murders and you get 87,000 gun related injuries and deaths.....vs.....1.6 million times violent crimes are stopped and lives saved...and that isn't even including the lives saved when the criminal in the attack is captured, injured or killed thereby keeping them from creating more victims...

So try and do the math....which number is bigger....and I am even giving you your number which I doubt is close to accurate.......

Link?

My great grandfather's pocket watch is still keeping perfect time and it is far more complicated a mechanical device thatn anything designed to kill.

So, let's compare: a time piece that works flawlessly after one hundred years. A device whose sole function is to tell time. Harmless in every way.

Or

A device that was exclusively designed to propel deadly projectiles. Which device is more consumer friendly? One where the consumer can tell accurate time or one that is designed to kill?

Actually, the device is designed to give a weaker, outnumbered victim a much better chance to survive against a stronger, more aggressive and/or more numerous attackers.....and to go on living......try that with a pocket watch......

Hey einstein. Half those gun deaths are suicides and don't count. And the other half are the user's fault (if anything is to blame) not the gun. THINK

Last edited:
Thinking of it as a consumer-friendly industry, it's ironic how much grief the tobacco industry gets for selling a dangerous product, but the firearms industry does not. :)

Cars are far worse than either but you america-hating libs never mention that.

Actually, the device is designed to give a weaker, outnumbered victim a much better chance to survive against a stronger, more aggressive and/or more numerous attackers.....and to go on living......try that with a pocket watch......
Is Brian lying to you again?

Arguing with him helps me find better articles to make his arguments look even more silly than they already are......

Hey einstein. Half those gun deaths are suicides and don't count. And the other half are the user's fault (if anything is to blame) not the gun. THINK

Actually, not even half are suicides...if you look at FBI stats, gun murders are only 8-9,000 a year, sometimes more, sometimes less, so about 22,000 are suicides.....and in the accident category....only around 6-700 accidental gun deaths....in a country of over 320 million people with over 320 million guns in private hands and over 11.1 million people carrying guns for self defense.....

To me....that is amazing.....and if the anti gunners stopped blocking gun safety education in schools those numbers would be even lower.....

But the anti gunners can't have kids being safe around guns.......one dead kid gives them more press than they could ever hope for............sooo....no gun safety in schools.....

Link?

And of course of those 32,000 gun deaths only 8-9,000 are gun murders, committed by criminals, mostly, in small multi block areas of our cities, the worst of which are controlled by democrat......all the others are suicides, which can just as easily be done without guns....as happens in Japan and South Korea, two countries with absolute gun control but 2x the rate of suicide....and of those gun injuries...we have over 320 million guns in private hands, and only 6-700 accidental gun deaths each year, an amount which is tiny....tiny....and not a problem....and again....many of those accidents and deaths happen to criminals.......

We also have over 11.1 million people carrying guns for self defense...and only 6-700 accidental gun deaths each year....

Law abiding gun owners use their guns to stop violent criminal attack and save lives 1.6 million times a year, on average........so even if I accept 78,000 gun injuries a year....which I don't believe....add 9,000 gun murders and you get 87,000 gun related injuries and deaths.....vs.....1.6 million times violent crimes are stopped and lives saved...and that isn't even including the lives saved when the criminal in the attack is captured, injured or killed thereby keeping them from creating more victims...

So try and do the math....which number is bigger....and I am even giving you your number which I doubt is close to accurate.......

Link?

The 1.6 is not accurate for many reasons. Much closer to 100k and only about 10% of those are violent crimes.

Actually, not even half are suicides...if you look at FBI stats, gun murders are only 8-9,000 a year, sometimes more, sometimes less, so about 22,000 are suicides.....and in the accident category....only around 6-700 accidental gun deaths....in a country of over 320 million people with over 320 million guns in private hands and over 11.1 million people carrying guns for self defense.....

To me....that is amazing.....and if the anti gunners stopped blocking gun safety education in schools those numbers would be even lower.....

But the anti gunners can't have kids being safe around guns.......one dead kid gives them more press than they could ever hope for............sooo....no gun safety in schools.....

And only about 230 criminals are shot and killed each year. They sure are more dangerous to the owners than criminals.

Anti-gun loons don't give a damn about gun-related death/injury, except as a means to make it harder for the law-abiding to get a gun.

Link?

Link?

The 1.6 is not accurate for many reasons. Much closer to 100k and only about 10% of those are violent crimes.

Brain...of all the numbers you're making up 100,000 out of your own opinion......the number I have, 1.6 million times that guns are used, is an average of 16 different, actual studies on the defensive use of guns against criminals.........over a 40 year period, studies done by both public and private researchers, and many of those studies done by anti gun groups and researchers, two of the biggest...bill clinton's Justice Dept. study in 1994...found 1.5 million, and obama's CDC in 2013 found between 500,000 and 3 million defensive gun uses a year......

Your number is the one completely made up......

Last edited:

Forum List

Back