Woman's membership at PF for disruptive complaints about transgender man in women's locker room

JakeStarkey

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2009
The Daily Fix: Fitness Chain Lives Up to ‘No Critics’ Slogan With LGBT Advocacy
"A national chain of budget gyms is being hailed as an LGBT ally after one of its fitness centers took a stand against transgender intolerance.
Planet Fitness in Midland, Michigan, revoked Yvette Cormier’s membership after she filed a complaint about a transgender woman using the women’s locker room. “He totally looked like a man. He was not dressed like a woman at all,” Cormier told local news station WNEM. “They told me the same thing, that he was allowed in there because that’s the sex he wants to be.”
Representatives of the gym say the way in which Cormier complained was disruptive and violated the membership agreement, which includes a gender identity nondiscrimination clause." The Daily Fix Fitness Chain Lives Up to No Critics Slogan With LGBT Advocacy - Yahoo News

Private business engaged still in public accomdoation boots the woman complaing. Interesting.

Considering what we guys see in the male PF locker room down town I imagine it can be any worse in the ladies' locker hang out.

I'm guessing this LBGT ally will soon be out of business. How many straight women are going to maintain a membership with that rule?

• Banned
Some women may well drop their memberships but not to any extent to injure the profit line of any significance. PF's "no judgmet" policy, prices, and customer benefits is by far the best option in the public sector fitness business.

There are more straight women than transgender women even if those who carry their tits are included.

The one positive effect of these kinds of complaints is that more people are alienated to the cause.

Some women may well drop their memberships but not to any extent to injure the profit line of any significance.[/SIZE] PF's "no judgmet" policy, prices, and customer benefits is by far the best option in the public sector fitness business.

Now how the fuck would you know that, Jake? You're their CPA are you? I'd say this chain just cut its own throat. That's good. That's really good.

• Banned
Tom, so I got under your skins. I guess you are a concrete learner as well. I researched the company two years ago before I purchased a plan for my wife and me. Absolutely satisfied.

Son, you need to start responding from your brain instead of your emotions. You sound as silly as Rosh and Protection and some others.

• Banned
There are more straight women than transgender women even if those who carry their tits are included.

The one positive effect of these kinds of complaints is that more people are alienated to the cause.
That many straight women who use such businesses are more socially aware is the difficulty in your statement. Certainly city rats who live in down Salt Lake City voiced no concern about the several LGBT members at the club.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back