...the guilty plea+deal to cooperate---Proud Boys version

Chillicothe

Platinum Member
Feb 14, 2021
From this morning's Washington Post:

Proud Boys leader admits plan to storm Capitol and will testify against others

Charles Donohoe pleaded guilty to conspiracy and acknowledged the intention to stop the electoral college vote

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now the DOJ prosecutors have pleas and agree-to-testify by leaders of both the OathKeepers and the ProudBoys.
One could believe that the net is closing....maybe the cell-door? ----on those organizations that were the tip-of-the-spear for the January 6th insurgency. Pleading to 'seditious conspiracy' against the United States of America ain't gonna be bean-bag for these criminals. Nor will it be for the folks they finger in their testimony.

Too, these pleadings pretty much negate the oft-used excuse by some that January 6th was merely a 'protest that got out of hand'. Or, it was "legitimate political discourse' as the Republican National Committee claimed.

The challenge for the House's January 6th Select Committee is to tie one or more of these blokes to someone in the inner circle of government...or the Trump campaign. If the Committe is able to show any communications with, say, Peter Navarro, Fredo Trump, et al.......well, the stakes go higher. The game changes.

Now, whether they can do that. Whether a link even exists.....well, I dunno.
But we can expect the search is underway to see if it does.

Regardless, these tip-of-the-spear knuckleheads are gonna learn the Federal prison system intimately.

IMHO

Charles Donohoe pleaded guilty to conspiracy and acknowledged the intention to stop the electoral college vote

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now the DOJ prosecutors have pleas and agree-to-testify by leaders of both the OathKeepers and the ProudBoys.
One could believe that the net is closing....maybe the cell-door? ----on those organizations that were the tip-of-the-spear for the January 6th insurgency. Pleading to 'seditious conspiracy' against the United States of America ain't gonna be bean-bag for these criminals. Nor will it be for the folks they finger in their testimony.

Too, these pleadings pretty much negate the oft-used excuse by some that January 6th was merely a 'protest that got out of hand'. Or, it was "legitimate political discourse' as the Republican National Committee claimed.

The challenge for the House's January 6th Select Committee is to tie one or more of these blokes to someone in the inner circle of government...or the Trump campaign. If the Committe is able to show any communications with, say, Peter Navarro, Fredo Trump, et al.......well, the stakes go higher. The game changes.

Regardless, these tip-of-the-spear knuckleheads are gonna learn the Federal prison system intimately.

IMHO
They alrdy know it doesnt. Keep dreaming

IMHO
AnyDayMoonbats.jpg

IMHO
I have to wonder what kind of pressure the FBI put on this man to craft the story they wanted to hear....

I guess you haven't heard that dozens of them have been imprisoned for well over a year now, held without charges. Maybe you should be concerned about our government holding political prisoners.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ummm, nope.

Poster, Mike, please inform the forum which of those jailed are being held without charges.

Why do you think they are 'without charges'?
Please inform the forum on the details of those who you believe are being held withou charges.

I mean no disrespect, but.......but I don't think you know your onions on this.
Prove me wrong.

What I have read of those that are still in jail since their arrest is because: The court has deemed them a flight risk; or they couldn't make their bail; or they have violated terms of their release; or they signaled they will continlue with seditious or criminal activity.

Last edited:
From today's Newsweek. A bit of analysis. And as mentioned in the OP.....this is not a good development for the remaining defendants:

"The remaining defendants facing charges related to the January 6 Capitol riot could be up against an even tougher prosecution now that Charles Donohoe, one of six Proud Boys leaders, has pleaded guilty.

On Friday, Donohoe, who led the alt-right group's North Carolina chapter, pleaded guilty to conspiracy and agreed to fully cooperate with the Justice Department's ongoing investigation into last year's storming of the Capitol.

As outlined in Donohoe's plea deal, the 34-year-old, who was part of a group of roughly 100 Proud Boys who participated in the attack, has agreed to a full cooperation with the federal investigation—a development that could significantly help prosecutors with their cases against the remaining defendants.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ummm, nope.

Poster, Mike, please inform the forum which of those jailed are being held without charges.

Why do you think they are 'without charges'?
Please inform the forum on the details of those who you believe are being held withou charges.

I mean no disrespect, but.......but I don't think you know your onions on this.
Prove me wrong.

What I have read of those that are still in jail since their arrest is because: The court has deemed them a flight risk; or they couldn't make their bail; or they have violated terms of their release; or they signaled they will continlue with seditious or criminal activity.
Ummm yep. Some were in soiltary confinement for MONTHS. You are a non-thinking Trump hater who ignores facts that are in the public domain. Educate yourself.

mmm yep. Some were in soiltary confinement for MONTHS

So, prove it.
You said you had the cards in your hand.
Show or go.

It is not the readers responsibility to prove your reckless statements are true.
Show or go.

Don't be an 'all hat/no cows cowboy'.
Show or go.

I think you can't prove your claim.
But that's just me.

Forum List

Back